The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Loz17
Yea keep them secret for now, all decide on what awards you'd like and let me know. Then you'd each PM me your nominations over a time period, I'd then count them and announce the results here and can get them put into the OP and others can announce their achievements in their sigs etc :smile:

I would advice against such awards like "Best results" though, people's abilities are different for many reasons and it probably wouldn't give everyone a chance.
Sounds good! :smile:
Original post by _OliviaTheOwl
yeah I've seen them but I don't really like the podcasts because all of the voices it makes me lose focus :tongue:

best thing to do is type up any of the stories in google and write 'summary' or 'analysis' and you might fine some articles but not all stories will be there but again good luck:smile::smile:
Original post by Dalek1099
You should use the science page on the edexcel website.

I'm in Year 10 and it looks like I'm going to have freetime all afternoon.

I wonder what was so wrong with this advice and seriously why should I be voted the Most Arrogant Member on the thread?
Original post by Loz17
That's a good call then :wink2:

If you all agree on a time scale and awards I'll be very happy to collect nominations

This really is a great idea, thank you very much for helping us out! It's highly appreciated by all of us :biggrin:
Original post by ElMoro
I won a couple :wink2:

Liking these ideas. Hoping to get some input from everyone before we finalise anything :smile:

Why thank you :hat2:

Yes, please! :biggrin: Btw, would you wind collecting results, etc.? I think people would have more confidence if it was from a mod/someone outside the thread :redface:

Holy **** man they had a Mark VI thread. We have to continue this thread throughout the summer!
Reply 6165
It could probably do with some work. :rofl:

Capture.JPG

Edit: Missing two legs, so that's why it looks so dodgy.
(edited 11 years ago)
I wonder what was so wrong with this advice and seriously why should I be voted the Most Arrogant Member on the thread?

Votes will be anonymous now so don't worry.

We will wait for the final decisions to see the prevailing result for that particular one, eh?
erghhhh right - going to bed, night peeps :smile:
Original post by Cubic

Capture.JPG

Edit: Missing two legs, that's why it looks so dodgy.

I'm loving it
Reply 6169
Original post by multiplexing-gamer
We dont even have that many people :lol:

Some people would get more than one, I s'pose :teehee:

Original post by yugiohtheawesome
My god that's beautiful :thumbsup:

Why thank you :hat2: I hope everyone else draws one as well so we can make a collection :biggrin: :biggrin:

Original post by multiplexing-gamer
We'll have to them in July, and reserve special awards for:
i) Best GCSE results
And do some others I'm not sure what they'd be lol

Personally, and this might just be me, but I'm against those kind of awards tbh :redface:
Original post by g.k.galloway
erghhhh right - going to bed, night peeps :smile:

Yee I think I should head off son too.

Good night- sleep tight; don't let the bed bugs bite.
Reply 6171
Original post by GreenLantern1
Holy **** man they had a Mark VI thread. We have to continue this thread throughout the summer!

Would we be able to migrate into the A-level forum by then? If so, we could just build up our 'marks' over there.

Let's crank it up a level! :devil:
Original post by Cubic

Capture.JPG

Edit: Missing two legs, so that's why it looks so dodgy.
Looking stunning so far! :biggrin:

Original post by ElMoro
Why thank you :hat2: I hope everyone else draws one as well so we can make a collection :biggrin: :biggrin:

Personally, and this might just be me, but I'm against those kind of awards tbh :redface:
I'll get to making mine tomorrow :wink:

It's not just you, I'm not too keen on that kind of award. It would be quite hard to calculate anyway.
Original post by CharlieBoardman
This really is a great idea, thank you very much for helping us out! It's highly appreciated by all of us :biggrin:

You're very welcome

There was nothing wrong with your advice there, and please don't read into it too much. It was from last years list, and someone won that award last year. It is only intended to be harmless fun and not intended to upset anyone.

Have a look at the date, they're 3 months ahead. You can easily get to Mark IV by July
Well I'm off to bed everyone! See you tomorrow - let's try and get closer to that Mark III thread! :colone:
Original post by Pandora.
Well I'm off to bed everyone! See you tomorrow - let's try and get closer to that Mark III thread! :colone:

Na'night :') we will do it, don't fear :P
So I'm not the only person ho says that then! Na'night! :tongue:
Reply 6178

We're actually quite an active community, I wonder how far we'll get in year 12 when more people join.
Original post by Cubic
We're actually quite an active community, I wonder how far we'll get in year 12 when more people join.

I know, we have a few 'regulars' on here. :P I also hope a few more active people come along for the upcoming Threads, and I imagine they will! :biggrin:

Latest