The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by multiplexing-gamer
Thanks for the info 'Rock and rose' :wink:

If I was to live there, I'd have to get a job because of visa and stuff. Where would you say is the best island to live on?

Are there a lot of jobs in Hawaii? Or is it generally like holiday resort?
I'd really like to live there. I was thinking of New Jersey as there are lots of jobs, but it doesn't seem as nice as Hawaii. Engineers get paid loads in America! :woo:. Average starting salary in the UK for a graduate engineer is about 20-25k, in America it is $70K. Do you think if I lived there long enough they'd allow me to stay there permanently, or would it be if I lost my job I'd have to come back to the UK?

Oahu is the best island to live on, because that's where Honolulu is, and therefore it's where most of the "regular" jobs are.

New Jersey is a bit a dump. :colone:

Once you've lived there for five years, you could apply for naturalization, so you could stay permanently.
Original post by CharlieBoardman
Neither of you can be serious. :confused:
Tiny pot? Buy the bigger pot then! :biggrin:
I'm a deprived child! :biggrin:

Original post by c3ntury
It's nice, but expensive. Not for me sadly.
Jesus Christ it is expensive! I didn't realise how much it cost! :eek:
I love Ben & Jerry's.
Can't argue with that :biggrin:
We have a McDonalds outside our school, and it's monopoly season at the moment! So I'm a regular there :biggrin:

They have one of those near to my sixth form. But it's expensive, like £5 for a quarter pounder meal. That'd be thousands of pounds if I had one everyday :colondollar:

Thinking of buying some Harvard clothing to replace my Cambridge gear :cool:
http://www.ivysport.com/harvard-university-store/shirts/harvard-t-shirt-letter-crimson

http://www.ivysport.com/harvard-university-store/sweatshirts/harvard-sweatshirt-hooded-letter-crimson

Or I might get Yale.
While there's a few of us here, should we just take a look at the awards category list from last year and see if there's anything we could add/remove? Obviously everyone else can have their say too later, but it's going to be very unlikely that a whole load of us will be on here at once.

Last year's categories: (courtesy of ElMoro :wink:)
Best Male aka Thread King
Best Female aka Thread Queen
Best Sciences Student
Best Humanities Student
Agoraphobic - member who spends way too much time on the thread
Biggest Grammar Nazi
Kindest Member
Funniest Member
Most Helpful Member
Best Twins
Member Most Likely To Go To Oxbridge
Most Random Member
Member Who Makes You Smile The Most
Happiest Member
Jesus Christ Award for member resurrected from the dead
Nerdiest Member
Most Likely To Have A Life Outside TSR
Most Modest Member
Most Arrogant Member
Most Obsessed Member (could be with anything - film, celebrity, TV show, sport - whatever!)
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by Pandora.
I'm a deprived child! :biggrin:
Jesus Christ it is expensive! I didn't realise how much it cost! :eek:

But it's worth it :'D

Original post by rock.and.rose
I love Ben & Jerry's.

I'm glad I'm not on my own here! :biggrin:

They have one of those near to my sixth form. But it's expensive, like £5 for a quarter pounder meal. That'd be thousands of pounds if I had one everyday :colondollar:

Thinking of buying some Harvard clothing to replace my Cambridge gear :cool:
http://www.ivysport.com/harvard-university-store/shirts/harvard-t-shirt-letter-crimson

http://www.ivysport.com/harvard-university-store/sweatshirts/harvard-sweatshirt-hooded-letter-crimson

Or I might get Yale.

Really?! I thought McDonalds prices were standard where ever you went! :O evidently not...

Those both look pretty cool! I didn't know that you could buy shiz like that..!
While there's a few of us here, should we just take a look at the awards category list from last year and see if there's anything we could add/remove? Obviously everyone else can have their say too later, but it's going to be very unlikely that a whole load of us will be on here at once.

Last year's categories: (courtesy of ElMoro :wink:)

I think we should remove the grammar nazi one, knowone really cares about that here too much.
I think we should remove the grammar nazi one, knowone really cares about that here too much.

Nobody* :biggrin:

Sorry had to get in there.
Waterloo Road was too sikk!!!

They going to do another series in Scotland. That was a dumb ending though. Mr. Chalk (the fat guy) probably dies.
Reply 6349
Can't argue with that :biggrin:
We have a McDonalds outside our school, and it's monopoly season at the moment! So I'm a regular there :biggrin:

My nearest mcdonalds is half an hour away :'( But when I go to college, the town has a subway woo
I've never been privileged enough to have any Ben & Jerry's. :frown:

A few weeks ago,there was free ben and jerry ice cream for charity and even with the money given for charity they were extremely cheap.What you mean you'v never been privileged enough?-If you want one that badly just buy one:confused:
But it's worth it :'D

Really?! I thought McDonalds prices were standard where ever you went! :O evidently not...

Those both look pretty cool! I didn't know that you could buy shiz like that..!

Yeah I like University clothing it makes you unique from the sea of generic brands - Hollister, Jack Wills, Superdry etc... I still buy some of those brands though.

Lol I think I was kinda' generalising... It's a franchise so prices are the same everywhere I think, apart from London.
Reply 6352
Denzil is gonna die too I think, that was such a stupid ending, it made me think WR was over forever. I wanna see more of grantly and maggie!
Original post by PrinceyJ
Nobody* :biggrin:

Sorry had to get in there.

Heheh looks like someone has volunteered themselves for the position!

Oh and it is:

Sorry, had to get in there.

You have got some rivalry over here!
Original post by GreenLantern1
Waterloo Road was too sikk!!!

They going to do another series in Scotland. That was a dumb ending though. Mr. Chalk (the fat guy) probably dies.

The ending was stupid, as if that would happen!
I dont think they'll do a new series...
Reply 6355
I literally cannot wait for these exams to end, I'm so sick of revising and just ugh! :frown:

What is your favourite (current) flavour?

Mine is The Vermonster.

My favourite retired flavour was Dublin Mudslide. Oh how I miss it. Although they still have that flavour in the US, so I make sure I always have some, when I visit my family.

Have you seen how many flavours they've got over in the US? Loads more then we do here.

My favourite US flavour is Cake Batter, which tastes just like cake mix, it's divine. I also love Cinnamon Buns and Pistachio Pistachio.
Original post by iJess
Denzil is gonna die too I think, that was such a stupid ending, it made me think WR was over forever. I wanna see more of grantly and maggie!

Scotland is gonna be a bit weird. I reckon DSC and Kyle might form a new gang go up scotland and have a bit of fun.

But that ending made it obvious there would be more Waterloo Road since they will defo have to inform us who dies!

Waas weird how tariq went up but not his sisters nor finn; they shudda planned that a bit better!
Original post by Zigggyy.
I literally cannot wait for these exams to end, I'm so sick of revising and just ugh! :frown:

Chill, I've not even started.
I have never been in McDonalds.

Latest