The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by multiplexing-gamer
Why is the OCR website always down when it comes near to exams?
Exactly what I was going to post. I needed it too. :sad:
Original post by Pandora.

Hopefully it's not down tomorrow as well, it's bank holiday!!!

They did this during Easter aswell:mad:
So annoying!
Reply 7683
I've only revised for chemistry so far, I should start revising again with other subjects tbh.
I need to do some science revision! :cry:
Original post by GreenLantern1
I am doing the new Edexcel Linear Maths GCSE eams both this June. My god I hope the boundaries are that low - it would be great :smile:

You doing the new spec? The grade boundaries are probably gonna be low as this spec has slightly harder papers imo.
Could anyone post any English language writing tasks which I could have a go at (Writing to inform/explain/describe etc.). Thanks :biggrin:
Feeling confident for it? :smile:

No!! I been revising my sciences mostly :s-smilie:

RE i probably suck at it just like my citizenship ( Which i though Decmocrocy means "Alot of different people" ) so i probably start revising to get the main grasp of it.

Re-checked my physics paper today and got an A* ( according to UMS points and grade boundaries )
I need to do some science revision! :cry:

I'm revising out of my book at the momement, so it doesnt matter too much. But they could have taken it down when knowone uses it like in July, September, October etc...

Luckily for me I knew they'd do it again, so I printed all my past papers and mark schemes ready a couple of months back. I just forgot Science lol

What OCR science modules are you doing in the summer
I need to do Economics, RS, English, Computing and history revision/past papers. But OCR have been so clever that they decided to shut down their website for maintenance just about a week before the exams. :mob:
Original post by usycool1
Could anyone post any English language writing tasks which I could have a go at (Writing to inform/explain/describe etc.). Thanks :biggrin:

Sure, I have an entire power points based on this ( got from google )

http://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=4&ved=0CHAQFjAD&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.school-portal.co.uk%2FGroupDownloadFile.asp%3FGroupId%3D1145122%26ResourceId%3D3873317&ei=NoqmT5miIpSC8gPDwp38BA&usg=AFQjCNFagLBVhI3CopnbpfiTAa6tWLtmaA

I need to do Economics, RS, English, Computing and history revision/past papers. But OCR have been so clever that they decided to shut down their website for maintenance just about a week before the exams. :mob:

I think they been doing this every weekend to tease us :frown:
(edited 11 years ago)
Oh, and two grammatical questions:

What's the difference between "there" and "their?" (I know about "they're," but I still don't understand the difference between the other two :frown: )

And what's the difference between "practice" and "practise?" I really need to improve my grammar :frown:
I'm revising out of my book at the momement, so it doesnt matter too much. But they could have taken it down when knowone uses it like in July, September, October etc...

Luckily for me I knew they'd do it again, so I printed all my past papers and mark schemes ready a couple of months back. I just forgot Science lol

I wish I could revise from my book, but it's a mess. :biggrin: I wish I'd had the same idea as you and printed off all of the past papers!

I'm doing the Additional 21st Century Science B5, C5, P5 exam and the Ideas In Context exam. Which ones are you doing? :smile:
You doing the new spec? The grade boundaries are probably gonna be low as this spec has slightly harder papers imo.

Lol it doesn't have any past papers!!! It is a new spec. Are you referring to the mock papers. I have heard it is going to be harder than the legacy (old spec). I just hope so cuz then it makes it a whole lot easier to get A*

For me I want really hard questions with low boundaries, rather than easy questions with high boundaries. Mainly, because I could easily lose around 5 marks from silly mistakes when I could still do the question, so with high bundaries that would make an A* all the more harder!

I actually went on it to check an AS Maths C1 examiner report and then saw it was down. Thankfully I don't need it importantly at all.

I swear they were down in April Easter as well. Is it just more or are they down a lot more often now. I never knew of them to be down before, though I guess I didn't use the site that much in Year 10 as I do now.

What's the difference between "there" and "their?" (I know about "they're," but I still don't understand the difference between the other two :frown: )

And what's the difference between "practice" and "practise?" I really need to improve my grammar :frown:

I know their is belonging to, so OCR has taken their website down. Not sure about the practise one
Original post by GreenLantern1
Lol it doesn't have any past papers!!! It is a new spec. Are you referring to the mock papers. I have heard it is going to be harder than the legacy (old spec). I just hope so cuz then it makes it a whole lot easier to get A*

For me I want really hard questions with low boundaries, rather than easy questions with high boundaries. Mainly, because I could easily lose around 5 marks from silly mistakes when I could still do the question, so with high bundaries that would make an A* all the more harder!

Yeah, I'm referring to the mock and specimen papers :smile:

Same, I always get the easy questions wrong (as I did in my C1 mock last week :frown: ) because of silly mistakes and the hard questions right :tongue:
Reply 7698

Their is possessive as in 'belonging to them'. There is generally a place eg 'over there'.
Practise is a verb 'i need to practise my grammar', practice is a noun 'i'm going to netball practice'.
Hope this helps!
(edited 11 years ago)

OCR gateway or OCR 21Century like Pandora?

Latest