Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey! Sign in to get help with your study questionsNew here? Join for free to post

Current Year 11 Thread Mark II

Announcements Posted on
    • 9 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pandora.)
    Can anyone explain to me what Young Enterprise actually is? :confused:
    Er, when it was done at my school, it was basically the planning, creation and trading of a small business. You'd be in small groups and think of an original idea e.g. card-making, then create a market plan and identify your audience, how you'll get/make the product, where and when you'll sell it etc. THEN you'd actually do it. The biggest profits made last year won the team a prize. However, my school doesn't do it anymore... Hope this is easy enough to understand!
    • 77 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Alexandra's Box)
    Er, when it was done at my school, it was basically the planning, creation and trading of a small business. You'd be in small groups and think of an original idea e.g. card-making, then create a market plan and identify your audience, how you'll get/make the product, where and when you'll sell it etc. THEN you'd actually do it. The biggest profits made last year won the team a prize. However, my school doesn't do it anymore... Hope this is easy enough to understand!
    Makes sense, thanks!
    • 118 followers

OK, I think it's fair to say that I've revised now How is everyone else doing in their revision?
    • 77 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by usycool1)
    OK, I think it's fair to say that I've revised now How is everyone else doing in their revision?
    I've given up.

What subjects were you revising?
    • 118 followers

Also, does anyone have any notes for any of Seamus Heaney's poems which they can upload and send to me? I was ill when we were going through them in class so revision is proving to be quite tough for these poems
    • 118 followers

I've given up.

What subjects were you revising?
    Ah well

I was revising computing and a bit of economics Might do some English lit now though for a bit...
    • 77 followers

ReputationRep:
    Ah well

I was revising computing and a bit of economics Might do some English lit now though for a bit...
    :yep: English is the way forward.
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    This is going to be a big ask but you know for English Lit. words like Assonance, Enjambment,, Phatic Language, Alliteration etc. does anyone know any document listing around 20-30 of these with definitions? Or even 15 would be good. If not could someone type a well rounded batch so we can all learn from them?

I'm not sad if no one cares, just saying because I only know around 5 at the moment.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    Is everyone from this thread going to move to the yr 12 thread? I hope so even though I'm not a frequent poster I feel I have grown to love this thread some of you guys make me feel hopeful that I can achieve my grades, i have some great laughs and if im stuck i come straight to here, and it also the best procrastinating tool. But seriously is everyone coming on to the new yr 12 thread; I certainly am
    • 118 followers

:yep: English is the way forward.
    Lol err...I hate English as a subject (I'm sorry! ). Lol everyone knows that mathematics is the way forward
    • 77 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lil-mazie)
    Is everyone from this thread going to move to the yr 12 thread? I hope so even though I'm not a frequent poster I feel I have grown to love this thread some of you guys make me feel hopeful that I can achieve my grades, i have some great laughs and if im stuck i come straight to here, and it also the best procrastinating tool. But seriously is everyone coming on to the new yr 12 thread; I certainly am
    Absolutely! I look forward to seeing you there when we move!
    Lol err...I hate English as a subject (I'm sorry! ). Lol everyone knows that mathematics is the way forward
    :hand: I don't think so
    • 20 followers

ReputationRep:
    Here here! :^_^:
    • 118 followers

I'm going to sound really thick here but...

What does the word "bevel" mean? The line of a poem goes:
    The line of its pressure ran like a bevel
    • 16 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by iJess)
    My last day at school tomorrow and lots of parties! I've stocked up on bubbles, sweets and permanent markers from tesco
    Same here xD

I'm gonna miss my friends so much.

Its only just hit me that this is the end of high school! :eek:
    • 10 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by g.k.galloway)
    Hello and welcome to the awesomeness that is the Year 11 thread.. (mark II)

prepare to be dazzled by our existence.....
    Why thank you! Should be in for an interesting experience..
    • 27 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by x-Sophie-x)
    Same here xD

I'm gonna miss my friends so much.

Its only just hit me that this is the end of high school! :eek:
    It's gonna be weird D:
    • 16 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GreenLantern1)
    Did you drop it (i.e. already done the GCSE) or just choose not to do the GCSE. My german translation:

Hast du er verlassen, oder nur wahlte dir das GCSE nicht machen. (See that sexy mix of perfect past tense and imperfect past tense - just needed a bit pf pluperfect and it would have been immense)
    couldn't take it as it did not fit in with my option blocks
    • 16 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by InvertedLayman)
    Oh okay, cool. So you want to study medicine?
    yep! you too then?

I am really interested in doing paediatrics or becoming a brain surgeon..
    atm though that's kind of irrelevant..need to get good gcse grades before I can even think about moving further lol!!
    • 27 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by InvertedLayman)
    This is going to be a big ask but you know for English Lit. words like Assonance, Enjambment,, Phatic Language, Alliteration etc. does anyone know any document listing around 20-30 of these with definitions? Or even 15 would be good. If not could someone type a well rounded batch so we can all learn from them?

I'm not sad if no one cares, just saying because I only know around 5 at the moment.
    I have 2 pages of all these words in a poetry revision book, if you wait about 5 mins I'll type them up for you?
    • 20 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by g.k.galloway)
    yep! you too then?

I am really interested in doing paediatrics or becoming a brain surgeon..
    atm though that's kind of irrelevant..need to get good gcse grades before I can even think about moving further lol!!
    One of my best friends aspires to be a neurosurgeon! She's a genius :curious:
Updated: May 17, 2012
New on TSR

GCSE mocks revision

Talk study tips this weekend

Article updates
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.