The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 8360
Original post by g.k.galloway
ZIGGGYY!!!!

its been ages!!! How are you? :smile:

HEEEY :')
ahaha, yeah it has! I'm alright thanks, pretty stressed, eating my worries away :tongue: What about you? :smile:
Original post by Zigggyy.
Quite a few there! ;D Aunt pegg..ahaha noo, I havent :') Ah, good luck, I'm sure you'll be fine. :smile: Yeah, im sort of 80% ish for them ahaha. Better go and get this practice paper done, best of luck! :smile:

thank you! you're very nice and reassuring, just what i need to control my inside panic! :smile: i guess you can very rarely be 100% because it's the unknown which makes it all the more agonising! i best get off this too and review over things in preparation for tomorrow! :smile: all the best! :smile: we should discuss how we found it afterwards perhaps! :smile:
Original post by xoxlovelifexox
lucky! i've got 23 hahaha! my school leaves them all till the end of year 11! god yeah, have you done the practise paper about aunt pegg? i really enjoyed that one, she was a fun character! :smile: same answer as you! :smile: do you feel prepared for your exams tomorrow?

That past paper was great! On the question about what makes a good uncle you literally just had to list things off with the odd connective put in to get full marks!!! I hope we get one like that. We were also shown this other one where you had to write an interview - that was a horrid question!!
I dont think I'll post on here too much over the upcoming weeks, too much stress talking about 'how everyone is worried, therefore they'll do 8 hours worth of revision' making you feel bad...
Goood luck in your exams!
:yawn: So tired...

But so much work to do and so little time :frown:

Hope everyone's revision is going well :biggrin:
Original post by Zigggyy.
HEEEY :')
ahaha, yeah it has! I'm alright thanks, pretty stressed, eating my worries away :tongue: What about you? :smile:

Ahhh yes the Ben and Jerry's Core is half price at the moment at Tesco's!..Which unfortunately is not too good for my losing weight idea..

I'm seriously stressing out about all the english exams...its my worst subject. They still put me in top set though lol....
Reply 8366
For anyone doing the IGCSE english tomorrow CIE, I found this link useful ... And I mean... Like REALLY usful
http://www.cambridgestudents.org.uk/subjectpages/english/folder.2008-06-13.8153747152/Examiner_Tips_for_IGCSE_FLE_0500_FINAL.pdf
Original post by multiplexing-gamer
I dont think I'll post on here too much over the upcoming weeks, too much stress talking about 'how everyone is worried, therefore they'll do 8 hours worth of revision' making you feel bad...
Goood luck in your exams!

Today (at home) i've done none... been at beaver scouts doing my young leader duties then came home and ate tea... may do a little before the apprentice...
After doing loads at school I really don't feel like doing more.. I tend to go through stages of
1. doing nothing
2. doing about 20 minutes just to stop making myself feel guilty
3. casually doing an hour
and 4. going crazy and doing loads to make up for not doing any...

(oh and of course 5. doing other things so that i don't have to do any.. a.k.a procrastinating:biggrin:)
That past paper was great! On the question about what makes a good uncle you literally just had to list things off with the odd connective put in to get full marks!!! I hope we get one like that. We were also shown this other one where you had to write an interview - that was a horrid question!!

i agree! it was such a wonderful paper, out of all the past papers i've seen/done that has to be by far my favourite. it was actually really interesting! i saw another past paper one to do about marriage, it was a conversation, but the topic was very interesting and you actually enjoyed reading it. i'm hoping for this kind of paper tomorrow! what kind of transformative writing are you hoping for?
Original post by LusterMX
For anyone doing the IGCSE english tomorrow CIE, I found this link useful ... And I mean... Like REALLY usful
http://www.cambridgestudents.org.uk/subjectpages/english/folder.2008-06-13.8153747152/Examiner_Tips_for_IGCSE_FLE_0500_FINAL.pdf

hey! how are you feeling about the exam tomorrow? :smile:
Reply 8370
hey! how are you feeling about the exam tomorrow? :smile:

Really nervous!
It takes me a long time to think of things to write, especially with so many invigilators walking by, it makes it more tense.
I really hope I do well! I just hope they don't give us something hard XD
Original post by matty123
English Language - Bad because it is all about matching thier mark scheme, not about the actual English lol. For example, in the reading section, if you don't track through the text in order then it will be hard to get above a B :confused:. Also one hour is simply not enough time to read the two texts and answer four long questions on them.

English Literature - Also bad because you are not given enough time, have to analyse and compare two unseen poems. Also many other exam boards allow you to bring in clean copies of studied texts into the exams. But not WJEC, which means that you have to remember lot's of quotes to get above a C.

GreenLantern1, would you liike to add anything else :P

Oh I am sure there is lots; just too much to write hehe.

This my 2nd exam. 24th May and I will never EVER have to do english again. Woooooooooo. I have to say though I did finish the comprehension paper (albeit only just). I was good for timing in language, but literatre is ridiculous. 4 essay questions all in 2 hours together!!! STUPID. Though in language loads of people ran out of time; I know some that only did 1-3 adn didn;t even start Q4
Really nervous!
It takes me a long time to think of things to write, especially with so many invigilators walking by, it makes it more tense.

i know what you mean and you see the clock thinking and having that nervous feeling that you won't finish! but then you do and it's like oh why was i worried.
i hope they're feeling nice too! what kind of transformative writing are you after?
i agree! it was such a wonderful paper, out of all the past papers i've seen/done that has to be by far my favourite. it was actually really interesting! i saw another past paper one to do about marriage, it was a conversation, but the topic was very interesting and you actually enjoyed reading it. i'm hoping for this kind of paper tomorrow! what kind of transformative writing are you hoping for?

Yeh I really want a paper like that - any descriptive writing would be great...
I just want something where I can be creative - the comprehension type ones are soooo boring..
I really like ones where you can evaluate people's actions and behavior and then use it to develop something of your own. Those kinds of questions can be fun. :smile:
Really nervous!

I've always wondered if its true that invigilators play Pacman when they walk among desks...

I would.
Yeh I really want a paper like that - any descriptive writing would be great...
I just want something where I can be creative - the comprehension type ones are soooo boring..
I really like ones where you can evaluate people's actions and behavior and then use it to develop something of your own. Those kinds of questions can be fun. :smile:

yes, same! i'm not a big fan of the ones which are about the landscape or something, i'm way more interested in people.
i especially adore it when the character's of the people are interesting, it makes all the more easier to put a 'voice' on them i think. :smile:
I have far too many english things going on and its my most hated subject...
I've got english lit and lang AQA and then igcse english ... ERGHHH

one of the lit papers is the same day as chem3 too.....which is not cool...really not cool... :frown:
Reply 8377
i got 4 A* out of 4 mocks today :smile: its been a good day. hey are you guys on study leave? i have to go to school :/ my school sent an email to parents about this study saying students did better in schools hmmmf
Reply 8378
i know what you mean and you see the clock thinking and having that nervous feeling that you won't finish! but then you do and it's like oh why was i worried.
i hope they're feeling nice too! what kind of transformative writing are you after?

I'm not really sure, but I do know that I DO NOT want to write an article, like a newspaper one. That would just be terrible!
Something casual like an email would be brilliant though :smile:
I suppose you're looking forward to never doing english again just as I am :biggrin:
just finished (just under) an hour of tech revision. my brain hurts. :frown:

Latest