Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Embarrassing things parents have said/done

Announcements Posted on
Got a question about Student Finance? Ask the experts this week on TSR! 15-09-2014
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I was making some cakes last night (as you do) and my parents were on FaceTime to each other. Even though they were both in the house (err). My mum was in the kitchen with me, and my dad went up to the bathroom. "Don't do that!" I hear my mum laugh, and she says things like "I'm going to record this!!" and there's lots of giggling. Nuff said really. Still not quite sure what he did, but..

WHY GOD WHY?! FaceTime was not invented for this.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    Most recently was my mother recounting some of her birth stories to her friends. She mentioned about having me and the various stitches.

I came back with "Is that why dad hates me?"
    • 6 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by infernalcradle)
    I've had that a few million times....

along with "when were your sister/brother born??"
    Oh gosh, so do I. Got a twin and so whenever we're out, have to fill a form in / any form of identification needed, they assume i'm younger because of the height differences lol.

"No we're twins!"
    "LIAR" or in other words "oh reaaaalllly? "

Wasn't admitted into a 15R film once lol had to go to a different cinema
    • 6 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MzPotter)
    Yeah, she's always giving lessons, 'You must luka left even tho haram and luka right, and stop listen and hear and look with eyes..' This is my reaction to her advice :nothing:
    So your left eye has to be permanently shut? lol :aetsch:
    • 6 followers

ReputationRep:
    Too many things to even begin thinking about. My parents send out an annual family newsletter, done up on Publisher like a little newspaper article, telling distant relatives and friends what we're all getting up to and making cringe comments like "Child X is discovering the wonders of retail therapy" and "Child Y is turning in to the family academic" etc. The thought of these poor people receiving these letters makes me want to curl up and die.

we do have names, not letters, before anyone cracks a joke there
    • 10 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by confuzzled92)
    *Filling in a form for me in front of a receptionist*
    Dad: Son, which year were you born?

:facepalm2:
    My parents ask me what day I was born.

Despite having had the same name for, er, almost 23 years, my dad still spells it wrong.:rolleyes:

He said something on Facebook and mentioned my name. I replied with "I think you need to learn how to spell", he replied with "I realised that after I typed it. But that's no excuse, is it?"

He's also spelt my mum's name wrong too. They've only been together for 27 years.:rolleyes:
    • 6 followers

ReputationRep:
    My dad sent me a birthday card once, via post, no message, no 'To Daughter', just a signature at the end... Thanks dad/businessman...
    • 6 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sammy-lou)
    Too many things to even begin thinking about. My parents send out an annual family newsletter, done up on Publisher like a little newspaper article, telling distant relatives and friends what we're all getting up to and making cringe comments like "Child X is discovering the wonders of retail therapy" and "Child Y is turning in to the family academic" etc. The thought of these poor people receiving these letters makes me want to curl up and die.

we do have names, not letters, before anyone cracks a joke there
    Aahhahaha, you just reminded me of this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E1NsC98xVN0

Its great sorta comedy that I like, but anyway fastforward to 3.55, its more relevant to you
    • 12 followers

ReputationRep:
    my mom had just purchased a silver rubber swimming cap with built-in goggles, just for ****s and giggles I guess. We were on the way home from work/school, I think I was 10, and mom put the cap on in the car. She was wearing her office suit, and waved at passing cars with it on. I ducked.
    • 6 followers

ReputationRep:
    Bless her heart lol
    • 15 followers

ReputationRep:
    My mum got us pulled over on the way to school once before, by the police because she was playing air guitar to a song on the radio and they thought she was having a fit of some kind.
    • 6 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheStudent.)
    Aahhahaha, you just reminded me of this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E1NsC98xVN0

Its great sorta comedy that I like, but anyway fastforward to 3.55, its more relevant to you
    Hahah, brilliant, that is totally my mum if she was 20 years older and american
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rachelkeira)
    My mum got us pulled over on the way to school once before, by the police because she was playing air guitar to a song on the radio and they thought she was having a fit of some kind.
    LOL this is brilliant!!

I'd rep you but I'm all out today, damn
    • 6 followers

ReputationRep:
    Asian parent + parent teacher consultation = :facepalm2:
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    My mum trying to order some food in a foreign language, accidentally comes out as an extremely racist word. She has no idea what she's said, I'm apologising to the poor waiting and attempting to pick my jaw up off the floor...
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    At parents evening and my dad almost falling asleep and paying NO attention what so ever to the teacher, had to nudge him under the table a few times
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    In secondary school, our parent's evening was in the hall, with all the teachers sat at desks in the hall, so that we could move from one teacher to another quickly.

My dad to all the teachers- "this is just like speed dating, have you ever tried it?"

All but one of my teachers that year was male...
    • 13 followers

ReputationRep:
    During what was already an embarassing conversation with my mother, I joked I'd have to get a vibrator. I said it to lighten the mood and it was CLEARLY said jokingly. My mum proceeded to go "It's not the same." I was like, "What?" Big mistake! I then got the story of how she and my dad had tried spicing up their love life on a weekend away and bought one, and it "just wasn't the same."

GAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!! !!!!
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    A regular one said in front of people is: 'Oh yes, Pandabaer is such a hard worker, doing well at school and studying hard for...erm...her GCSE's or something.'

I left school four years ago, and am finishing my degree. Thanks dad. :rolleyes:
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    At a parents evening. Talking to my new History tutor.
    Mum: Oh Pomppufiilis really didn't like her last teacher he wasn't very good was he, has he left?
    -a good 5 mins silence-
    My Old History Teacher: No I haven't left...*wave*
    He was sitting at the adjacent desk.

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: April 20, 2012
New on TSR

A-level secrets uncovered

Learn from the experience of last year's A-level students

Article updates
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.