Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Embarrassing things parents have said/done

Announcements Posted on
We're up for a Webby! Vote TSR to help us win. 10-04-2014
    • 6 followers

ReputationRep:
    Gosh where do i start... Note: my mum is very modern so everything she does is very jokey, she doesnt really embarrass me, she's just funny.

- Brought my new boyfriend around "Oh hi nice to meet you, do you play battle field? give me your gamer tag!" (they played said battle field together quite a bit with my mum screaming "die you jap B*****ds")

- Family reunion "ooh sam that jack is very fit"
    "mum that's your nephew"
    "i know! my nephews fit! you should get married you'd have such gorgeous babies!"
    "...but he's my cousin!"
    "so it's legal isn't it"

- Results day, my friend failed all her exams...my mum proceeded to 'boob bump' her in the middle of college.

- Dropping my brother off at his army barracks and shouting "oh andy! have you got clean underwear?! remember the wash behind your ears!!"

-Meeting another boyfriend "ooh so when you going to give me grandchildren?! i hope you're not using protection that's not going to make me a nan!...nice to meet you by the way"

- Coming back from boyfriends house "ooh you've just had sex! how was it? is he good?! how big is he!?"

That's all i can remember at the moment...

Edit: no i have more :P

- Went on holiday to France and stayed in a little famr house thing, one morning we were feeding the chickend when my mum exclaimed (not very quietly) "sam! look at the size of that C*ck!! imagine finding that in your bed!!"

- My mum doesn't quite understand how the school system works so she's been telling people that I'm in year 4...because apparently her school system was years 1-2-3-4 New school years 1-2-3-4 etc..I'm in year 13...

- In tesco "ooh look cherry lube! they didnt have cherry lube when i was your age! do you want some!"

- walked in on her and her new bf (didn't actually walk into the room but they had the door open) she mumbled "hey sweety...d'ya wanna close my door for me? i'd do it but i'm a bit...tied up right now!"

*scarred for life*
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    My dad has too many to mention! Some of the classics are:

1. Watching Star Wars in the cinema a few years ago where he fell asleep and started to snore loudly and caused everyone to stare at him while I poked him to wake him.

2. He has a tendency to burst out singing very loudly in public. And he has a loud voice. The worst was when it was a strangers birthday in a pub, they were singing and he joined in. But he has to harmonise at the end. And then people applaud. Not fun!

3. He also has the tendency to say non pc things very loudly causing me to say "You can't say that!"

But after all this I still love him to bits
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EffieFlowers)
    Aaaaah, that is amazing!
    What did your mum say then? Talk about awkward.
    She pretendede she didn't see or hear him...
    Attached Thumbnails
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	tumblr_lz9oingZCA1r0htoxo1_400.jpg 
Views:	37 
Size:	63.6 KB 
ID:	118860  
    • 135 followers

ReputationRep:
    Dressing me up in girly clothes when I was a baby :unimpressed:
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Multitalented me)
    Dressing me up in girly clothes when I was a baby :unimpressed:

You got off lightly!

My mom dressed me up as Henry V111. I'm a girl.
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    window shopping with mum.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    I was in school at the time but before my parents took my nan to the hospital for a biopsy. My mom said that when they got there, my nan got herself confused (which happens often) and said that she was there for her autopsy! I guess that would have been pretty embarrassing for my nan with everyone laughing at what she had said :lol:

EDIT: By the way, I accidently read the thread title as "Embarrassing things people have said/done".
    • 56 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Care-Free)
    Gosh where do i start... Note: my mum is very modern so everything she does is very jokey, she doesnt really embarrass me, she's just funny.

- Brought my new boyfriend around "Oh hi nice to meet you, do you play battle field? give me your gamer tag!" (they played said battle field together quite a bit with my mum screaming "die you jap B*****ds")

- Family reunion "ooh sam that jack is very fit"
    "mum that's your nephew"
    "i know! my nephews fit! you should get married you'd have such gorgeous babies!"
    "...but he's my cousin!"
    "so it's legal isn't it"

- Results day, my friend failed all her exams...my mum proceeded to 'boob bump' her in the middle of college.

- Dropping my brother off at his army barracks and shouting "oh andy! have you got clean underwear?! remember the wash behind your ears!!"

-Meeting another boyfriend "ooh so when you going to give me grandchildren?! i hope you're not using protection that's not going to make me a nan!...nice to meet you by the way"

- Coming back from boyfriends house "ooh you've just had sex! how was it? is he good?! how big is he!?"

That's all i can remember at the moment...

Edit: no i have more :P

- Went on holiday to France and stayed in a little famr house thing, one morning we were feeding the chickend when my mum exclaimed (not very quietly) "sam! look at the size of that C*ck!! imagine finding that in your bed!!"

- My mum doesn't quite understand how the school system works so she's been telling people that I'm in year 4...because apparently her school system was years 1-2-3-4 New school years 1-2-3-4 etc..I'm in year 13...

- In tesco "ooh look cherry lube! they didnt have cherry lube when i was your age! do you want some!"

- walked in on her and her new bf (didn't actually walk into the room but they had the door open) she mumbled "hey sweety...d'ya wanna close my door for me? i'd do it but i'm a bit...tied up right now!"

*scarred for life*
    :lol:

Hahahaha!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    My dad has done so many embarassing things to me throughout my life.

When I was about 11 he picked me up and threw me in a fruit and vegetable crate in the supermarket and just left me there. I couldn't get up. He also put me in a trolley and wheeled me in at the entrance and ran away, leaving a 12 year old girl sat in a trolley in everyones way

He also constantly pushes me into other people, so that they get extremely irritated

One time he dropped me off in town where all my friends were waiting and a few people from my year. My mum was in the car too, and when he was driving away he rolled his window down and yelled "GOTTA GO BACK TO THE HOUSE, YOUR MUMS FORGOT HER VODKA!"

He also answers the phone to my friends, and pretends to be me for about 10 minutes in a girly voice, (i'm 19 and he still does this when i'm at home)

I also asked him to write me a note for being off school once (wasn't actually ill) it was only when I got into school that he had put on the note i'd had violent diarreah.

My mum has also said a few embarassing things like "Oooh your dad loves my boobs!" etc etc

I still love them though
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    In public toilets once, my mum shouted to me from her cubicle "I've done a big poo!"

It's more like having a toddler than a parent sometimes.

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?

this is what you'll be called on TSR

2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?

never shared and never spammed

3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By completing the slider below you agree to The Student Room's terms & conditions and site rules

2. Slide the button to the right to create your account

Slide to join now Processing…

You don't slide that way? No problem.

Updated: April 20, 2012
Article updates
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.