The Student Room Group

Anyone got the Superdry Hooded Polar Windcheater mens jacket?

I got this jacket a few months ago. I am a medium in jacket and got the medium Superdry jacket. I tried the large size in the store and felt it was too big, I think the sleeve were longer then the medium size.

The medium is slightly short from the bottom to top, and the sleeve is long. When I wear it, you can't see my hands, so I loosen my arm to fit the sleeve. It doesn't feel too tight even when I wear a hooded sweatshirt.

I read read reviews on their website, that people are buying a size one or even two times bigger. So those who normally wear medium buy an extra large.

Now, it's too late to return it for a large. Even if I could return it, I wouldn't as I prefer the medium size I have now.

Has anyone brought this jacket, I seen loads of people wearing them. What size are you normally and what size did you get?

I am sure that if you get a large size, the sleeve would be longer. As I can't see my hands in a medium, then getting a large would make my hands go further inside the jacket meaning it would be too big.

I am 1.75m tall and 67-70kg.

http://www.superdry.com/mens/jackets/details/30799/hooded-polar-windcheater
(edited 12 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I do have this :smile:
Mine is a small, which is my usual size. I find that the collar is a bit big, and so are the arms, so I have to pull them up, but apart from that it fits nicely.
I think the sleeves are longer than normal because they can be pulled down and used like gloves (they have thumb holes) and the collar is a bit like a scarf.
Normall wear large, bought an extra large superdry hoodie - didn't fit, tried a different one when taking it back - didn't fit. I've accept superydry cloths won't fit me :frown:
Reply 4
Absolutely not. Wouldn't be seen dead in it.
Reply 5
I don't buy over-priced tat, so no.
Reply 6
Original post by ed-
I do have this :smile:
Mine is a small, which is my usual size. I find that the collar is a bit big, and so are the arms, so I have to pull them up, but apart from that it fits nicely.
I think the sleeves are longer than normal because they can be pulled down and used like gloves (they have thumb holes) and the collar is a bit like a scarf.

Hi there, are you male? Just checking.

I agree with what you say about the collar. I think you mean pulled up and used like gloves. As the sleeve is already too big. If you pulled the sleeve down further, you won't be able to see your hands.

Also, are you having trouble with the 3 zips? At first, I keep getting them jammed, now I know how to zip up the jacket without getting it jammed. Took me a few weeks to work it out.

Overall, it's a nice jacket.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 7
Original post by GuyUK
Hi there, are you male? Just checking.

I agree with what you say about the collar. I think you mean pulled up and used like gloves. As the sleeve is already too big. If you pulled the sleeve down further, you won't be able to see your hands.

Also, are you having trouble with the 3 zips? At first, I keep getting them jammed, now I know how to zip up the jacket without getting it jammed. Took me a few weeks to work it out.

Overall, it's a nice jacket.

Well the sleeves don't cover my hands so I have to pull them down. They could just about go over my hands if I pulled them all the way down.
The zips have never jammed, but they do confuse me sometimes :biggrin:
Reply 8
Original post by ed-
Well the sleeves don't cover my hands so I have to pull them down. They could just about go over my hands if I pulled them all the way down.
The zips have never jammed, but they do confuse me sometimes :biggrin:

I think I understand you. I though sleeves and arms the same thing?

I assume you are a male, since I said male jacket in the thread title and your name is ed.

Thanks for replying.
(edited 12 years ago)
£74.99 for that?! What a rip off :nothing:
Reply 10
Original post by GuyUK
I think I understand you. I though sleeves and arms the same thing?

I assume you are a male, since I said male jacket in the thread title and your name is ed.

Thanks for replying.

They are? :P
Yeah I'm male. It should say next to my name?
Reply 11
You paid £75 for that!?!?! I have a custom tailor made tweed blazer that cost me less!!! God the world is crazy!!
Reply 12
Original post by footyadd
You paid £75 for that!?!?! I have a custom tailor made tweed blazer that cost me less!!! God the world is crazy!!

75?? Where from, Argos..
I'd be looking at 300 + for any tailored blazer... Maybe it's you that's crazy
That's a casual coat :L
Superdry are the most over priced, cheapest quality brand out there. Reasons it says "MUG" on the back of the recipets they give you.
Reply 14
Original post by ed-
75?? Where from, Argos..
I'd be looking at 300 + for any tailored blazer... Maybe it's you that's crazy
That's a casual coat :L

Nope, from Asos. Also, tweed blazers are casual coats, so please, actually know what you're talking about before commenting :smile:
Reply 15
Nope, from Asos. Also, tweed blazers are casual coats, so please, actually know what you're talking about before commenting :smile:

Custom from ASOS? lol you're having a laugh
I thought about it, but then I realied the name was ridiculous.
Reply 17
Original post by ed-
Custom from ASOS? lol you're having a laugh

Nope, if you're interested, give their office a call and make an appointment.
Reply 18
Nope, if you're interested, give their office a call and make an appointment.

No, I'd rather go to an actual tailors', thanks.
Reply 19
Original post by ed-
No, I'd rather go to an actual tailors', thanks.

No, I think you would rather buy a Superdry blazer.

Quick Reply

Latest