The Student Room Group

I've got an offer from aston uni

But it doesn't seem to make sense, to me at least. I'm doing an access to HE science course. The condictions aston sent me are

This offer is subject to you obtaining

Successful completion of the QAA-recognised Access

Diploma.All Level 3 credits must be Distinction.All Biology

credits must be at Level 3.Must include GCSE equivalency

English Language at Level 2

Just a bit confused between 'All Level 3 credits must be Distinction.All Biology

credits must be at Level 3.'

Anyone had anything similar? Or understand it?
Reply 1
Isnt it because you can get some credits at Lvl 2?
Like, most courses have minimum of 15 credits at Lvl 2 and 45 at Lvl 3 (please correct me if Im wrong).
You need all your biology credits to be at Lvl 3 plus everything at Distinction (Lvl 2 only has pass)

Congrats on your offer, good luck!
Reply 2
Well the course has 60 achieveable credits at level three, and if any of these credits arent achieved at level 3 they become level 2 (if I understand it correctly).

So what I'm confused about is if I get all biology credits at level 3 distinctions and fail to get level 3 in anything else thus making them level 2 credits, I still meet the conditions.

However if I get all biology credits at distinction and then achieve merits in say physics, even though overall all I've done better in the course I now fail to meet the conditions :s unless I'm getting it completely wrong.
Reply 3
Original post by Jaymie452
But it doesn't seem to make sense, to me at least. I'm doing an access to HE science course. The condictions aston sent me are

This offer is subject to you obtaining

Successful completion of the QAA-recognised Access

Diploma.All Level 3 credits must be Distinction.All Biology

credits must be at Level 3.Must include GCSE equivalency

English Language at Level 2

Just a bit confused between 'All Level 3 credits must be Distinction.All Biology

credits must be at Level 3.'

Anyone had anything similar? Or understand it?

Hi Jaymie452
let me see if i can explain this Aston offer to u
For the said degree u gained a offer for
Aston University wants you to gain all your level 3 credits at distinction grade not just your Biology units at Distinction but everything else at level 3 as well

Also you must also achieve all GCSE equivancy quals as well as part of the offer

Hope i helped to explain this to u.Huge congrats on ur offer :biggrin:
Reply 4
Aston either hate mature students, are bloody crazy or they think they are in the same league as Oxbridge.
What other reason is there for them giving offer conditions that are far more difficult to meet than those given by the vast majority of other 94/russell institutions.

This offer is basically saying all Biology credits @ level 3 distinction and ALL other credits at distinction. So that is minimum 45 distinctions you have to get as it is 45 level 3 + 15 level 2 that will normally show on the diploma.
Reply 5
yeah it's not a great offer :/ I really doubt I'm going to be able to meet the conditions

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending