Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Sunday: Chelsea v Man Utd - can you predict the score?

Announcements Posted on
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tommyjw)
    1 was cheap (Welbeck), the other wasnt, given young one should have been, and should have been 1 man down, I'd say Chelsea are lucky Webb decided to give them so much
    i don't care about that

all i'm saying is that when a team comes back from 3-0 down you expect it to be something special but all i saw was 2 cheap penalties and a header

(Original post by rorydaredking)
    Better than a dirty goal, and own goal and a marginal own goal though.
    maybe it was, maybe it wasn't. chelsea were lucky to be 3-0 up but that doesn't change the fact that the comeback was dry

at least chelsea scored a banger

and just for the sake of getting it out there, i don't support chelsea or united

(Original post by hayles101)
    Keep going, the bitterness makes it that bit sweeter
    some dishes still need washing, shh
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by javaisghey)
    character?

2 cheap penalties and a header
    kid
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tommyjw)
    Well.. okay.. just seemed a strange thing to say either way xD
    Fifa 12 reference mate.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    ManUtd played much more efficiently in the first half (created the better chances by far). But it took a stroke of magic by Sturridge to help assist that goal in.
    Second half, chelsea (for the first 20mins) played better, and got in 2 goals. Luck? I think not, last I checked Torres also scored really fast straight after half time when they last played utd.
    Then the game went neutral (well to manutd favor, as they were 3-0 behind), and got in one deserved penalty (first one) but not the second one. Howard Webb (terrible day for him) might be compensating for the earlier two penalties he didn't give. The header was a stroke of class, and once again, a brillant cross by Giggs (what on earth was David Luiz doing *facepalm*). David De Gea did a brillant save (from Mata's free kick), yet he can't catch a ball from a corner to save his life (first half no pressure, punches it).

All in all, taking both half's into consideration, I would say a draw is a fair result. But in all honesty, if your winning 3-0 at 60th minute (with 11 men on the pitch), it doesn't matter how terrible you are playing, you should win it- no matter who your opponents are.
    • 22 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by scotttb)
    This makes no sense :confused:. You've basically just said, yeah it was a dive (I think he tripped rather than diving though) and Ivanovic didnt foul him, but that doesn't mean its not a penalty.
    Well, I mean that Welbeck has dived over Ivanovic's outstretched leg. That makes the active agent Welbeck, rather than Ivanovic. Of course, what it means is that there's contact, because Welbeck has initiated the contact - hence, it's able to be given as a penalty (to me) without too much moaning, because no-one can deny Ivanovic making contact.

To be honest, I'm very confused myself and not quite sure how to word what I want to say. You can get situations where a player 'wins' a penalty rather than being fouled, which are essentially harsh penalties to give. Never mind. At the end of the day I don't blame Webb for what happened; I blame our capitulating defence.
    • 22 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rorydaredking)
    Against stoke, should have had at least another, maybe 2 more. And today yeah second was soft, but you see them given, and should have had another in the first half. Refs shouldn't think 'oh wait, can't give them 3 pens in a game' if its a pen its a pen.
    Agreed; it happens all the time where referees, whether consciously or subconsciously, feel a need to be seen as 'fair' or to stick within normal boundaries. It's sort of like how referees don't necessarily give yellow or red cards for offences that would get them into the second half, because it's seen as 'too early'. Referees need to judge each incident in isolation, forgetting what's gone before.
    • 13 followers

ReputationRep:
    I do love a good comeback, and DDG's save was absolutely phenomenal, in a couple of years he should be one of the best keepers in the world. Also that was a horrendous game for Webb, some appalling decisions for both sides.
    • 46 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DaveSmith99)
    I do love a good comeback, and DDG's save was absolutely phenomenal, in a couple of years he should be one of the best keepers in the world. Also that was a horrendous game for Webb, some appalling decisions for both sides.
    Agree with you, Webb despite being widely regarded as the best ref in the world counldn't have any bad game than this. The penalty decisions were harsh on chelsea.

De Gea brilliant save hasn't got the praise it deserved, Man U good work was almost gone had DDG not pulled off a spectacular save.

De Gea has all the attributes expect the mental attributes, his decision making and positioning are poor. At corners he can't decide where to stand, while even struggles to decide to catch or parry the ball.

De Gea could be a top class goal keeper, but i still doubt if he could be as good as van der sar. VDS was a brave keeper who often used to put his body on the line, remember the save in the last league game of last season. Haven't seen anything like it from de gea.
    • 13 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by raheem94)
    Agree with you, Webb despite being widely regarded as the best ref in the world counldn't have any bad game than this. The penalty decisions were harsh on chelsea.

De Gea brilliant save hasn't got the praise it deserved, Man U good work was almost gone had DDG not pulled off a spectacular save.

De Gea has all the attributes expect the mental attributes, his decision making and positioning are poor. At corners he can't decide where to stand, while even struggles to decide to catch or parry the ball.

De Gea could be a top class goal keeper, but i still doubt if he could be as good as van der sar. VDS was a brave keeper who often used to put his body on the line, remember the save in the last league game of last season. Haven't seen anything like it from de gea.
    DDG is still only 21, the things that he is missing he can be taught, he's probably the best young goalkeeper in the world and has the potential to be something incredible. He's still settling into the team as well, Schmeichel was poor in his first season for united and look what a beast he turned out to be.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NJA)
    I can't.

(looks like snow might stop the game anyway.)
    2 people neg-rep'd me for asking this question ... why?
    • 10 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by raheem94)

Being a keeper is the hardest position mentally, imo. The main problem which could be linked with his poor decision making is his size. Compare him to Schmeichel who used his physical presence at all times, which massively boosts confidence and thus your decision making.
    • 46 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lamps08)
    Being a keeper is the hardest position mentally, imo. The main problem which could be linked with his poor decision making is his size. Compare him to Schmeichel who used his physical presence at all times, which massively boosts confidence and thus your decision making.
    I definitely agree with you that De Gea size is having adverse effects on his goal keeping. But De Gea has a lot more problems than this, such as against chelsea he had to take a simple catch but made a mess of it by parrying it. His mentality also needs to be improved, look at pepe reina he also at times does howlers but it doesn't effects him. Pepe reina is old and experienced but Szczęsny is young with extremes of confidence he can come out of mistakes very quickly.
    I am a Man U fan but in my opinion Szczęsny is the best young keeper in the premier league.
    • 19 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Extricated)
    2-1 UTD
    edit this like your sig :cool:
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    If anyone missed it or wants to re-live it, it was MOTD2 so you can get it on catch-up or BBCi.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by f1mad)
    4-3 ****ing come on lads!
    You guessed it wrong. Not very good are you.

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: February 8, 2012
New on TSR

Find out what year 11 is like

Going into year 11? Students who did it last year share what to expect.

Article updates
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered football match discussion threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.