The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

A sub 10 second car feels quick, not fast, quick, usually a sub 7 second car is when people start to use the word "fast". It will be 'nippy' due to it being a small car.

The chevolet Matiz book time is above 13 seconds, a standard small car time, the time only time 64 bhp and 850kg gets below 10 sec 0-60 is down a nice hill :wink:

Bit of trivia, the Matiz was designed basically for Fiat, it was deemed a car that was so poor that Fiat refused to use it. Take what you want from that.
Reply 41
The Matiz is an econobox. It is a box, with wheels, cheap suspension and breaks with a cheap engine thats easy to make and has low fuel consumption. It defines underpowered, if it was wider, like a real hatchback you might be able to have some fun with it on corners (After pushing it down a large ramp to make up for the engine), but it isn't, its not even a hatchback
Reply 42
pghstochaj
...Bit of trivia, the Matiz was designed basically for Fiat, it was deemed a car that was so poor that Fiat refused to use it. Take what you want from that.

lol that's classic! Says it all, really :biggrin:
pghstochaj
A sub 10 second car feels quick, not fast, quick, usually a sub 7 second car is when people start to use the word "fast". It will be 'nippy' due to it being a small car.

The chevolet Matiz book time is above 13 seconds, a standard small car time, the time only time 64 bhp and 850kg gets below 10 sec 0-60 is down a nice hill :wink:

Bit of trivia, the Matiz was designed basically for Fiat, it was deemed a car that was so poor that Fiat refused to use it. Take what you want from that.

Quick, nippy, whatever. For that TYPE of car it's fast!! Maybe it's just my driving style (hammer to the floor pretty much all the time!) but it is responsive and goes well. Yeah, I wouldn't say that it was a fast car in general cos TVRs and the like are fast, but for a city hatch it is fast.

And as far as I know, Fiat refused the Matiz when it was still an off roader. Yes, the Matiz was originally intended as a small off road vehicle (according to the Matiz club anyways)
The Matiz is based on the Tico, a varient of the Suzuki Alto, a 1980 car. The body shape/concept was refused by Fiat in the early 90s, for it to pop up at the end of the 90s was a surprise for most. According to my Fiat sources, Fiat rejected it in preference to the sei, so I would assume from that it was refused at the luciola phase, i.e.

It also has one of the worst post 2000 NCAP scores.
Reply 45
Hideous!!!!

My book reads 0-60mpg in 18.2 seconds for th 800cc 51hp with a top speed of 90mph.

The 1.0litre versions are 13 seconds cars with 64hp.

All come with a 3* NCAP rating (out of 5).
Hyundai comes out with a 2* for their Accent, as does the Kia Sedona.

Even the Smart comes with 3!
I think that it looks kinda cute :smile: Looks similar to the Renault Twingo, my fave car of all time :biggrin: :love:

Safety isn't something that concerns me, cos I don't really care if I die or not. Might as well get a cheap ass car that crumples more easily than a tissue than a stupidly expensive car that won't.
Reply 47
18 seconds! So, its slow, probably corners like the box it is, and when you do come off the road your screwed
OK!!! Can we PLEASE stop wrecking my car in every concievable way (unless you want a Laugh at Matiz's thread!!)

Latest

Trending

Trending