Original post by arnab
Thank you so much!

No problem! :biggrin:
Reply 21
Original post by brightset
No problem! :biggrin:

Original post by This Honest
x

Just another quick question, because my sample size, i.e. n is equal to 8, should i still use the normal table or should i use this other table thats stated here :

http://www.bws.wilts.sch.uk/Curriculum/pdfs/geog_SpearmanExplained.pdf
Reply 22
Original post by arnab
Just another quick question, because my sample size, i.e. n is equal to 8, should i still use the normal table or should i use this other table thats stated here :

http://www.bws.wilts.sch.uk/Curriculum/pdfs/geog_SpearmanExplained.pdf

This table is okay, not sure what you mean by the normal table? :K: :^_^:
Reply 23
Hi does anyone know how i would justify my investigation - what would i talk about ? im abit lost :frown:
Reply 24
Original post by jojo1995
Hi does anyone know how i would justify my investigation - what would i talk about ? im abit lost :frown:

I dont know what ur investigation is about, mine was about ecology, i just spoke bbout how itd be beneficial to scientists to know about the organisms role in an ecosystem and if there was a natural disaster it would aid scientist to help the organisms if they knew their role in the ecostem ect. What is urs about?
Reply 25
Original post by hgo
I dont know what ur investigation is about, mine was about ecology, i just spoke bbout how itd be beneficial to scientists to know about the organisms role in an ecosystem and if there was a natural disaster it would aid scientist to help the organisms if they knew their role in the ecostem ect. What is urs about?

aww thank you :smile:

mine is on the effect of light intensity on the leaf surface area of teucrium scorodonoia :rolleyes: lol - idk what i was thinking :tongue:
Reply 26
aww thank you :smile:

mine is on the effect of light intensity on the leaf surface area of teucrium scorodonoia :rolleyes: lol - idk what i was thinking :tongue:

Yeah i dont knw what u was thinking lol sounds complicated ! How do u think unit 4 went?
Reply 27
Original post by hgo
Yeah i dont knw what u was thinking lol sounds complicated ! How do u think unit 4 went?

lol i've just been writing about ribulose bisphosphate and co. lmao - i'm so scared. i don't think the paper was my type of paper, i like coming out of the exam thinking 'yep that went well' but i didn't get that feeling for unit 4 :frown: we'll see soon though :redface:
the structure really threw me, like the questions were very specific !

:smile: how'd you find it ?
Reply 28
lol i've just been writing about ribulose bisphosphate and co. lmao - i'm so scared. i don't think the paper was my type of paper, i like coming out of the exam thinking 'yep that went well' but i didn't get that feeling for unit 4 :frown: we'll see soon though :redface:
the structure really threw me, like the questions were very specific !

:smile: how'd you find it ?

Lol, yeah i never got that feeling either :frown: i genuinely came out not knowing how it went lo but yeah not long now :s the final deadline for my cw was last week and i dunno how i did on that either.
Reply 29
Original post by hgo
Lol, yeah i never got that feeling either :frown: i genuinely came out not knowing how it went lo but yeah not long now :s the final deadline for my cw was last week and i dunno how i did on that either.

aww, im sure you'll do great - good luck :smile:

also do you know why we do a pilot investigation ?
Reply 30
aww, im sure you'll do great - good luck :smile:

also do you know why we do a pilot investigation ?

We do a pilot to make sure our method is as accurate as it can be, if any weaknesses in the pilot are identified then changes can be made to ensure the investigation is accurate.
Reply 31
Original post by hgo
We do a pilot to make sure our method is as accurate as it can be, if any weaknesses in the pilot are identified then changes can be made to ensure the investigation is accurate.

thank you so muuuchh :tongue: you're so smart!! :biggrin:

Hi, where do we have to justify our experiment? I didn't know we had to...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 33
Original post by TheNoobyPotato

Posted from TSR Mobile

We have to justify our investigation in the rationale part of the research & rationale.
Reply 34
Original post by TheNoobyPotato

Posted from TSR Mobile

yeah unfortunately we sort of so :redface:

Original post by hgo
We have to justify our investigation in the rationale part of the research & rationale.

hi hgo .... may i bug you again ? :frown:

do you know why i would use spearmans rank ? i know it measures correlation but why would i use it ? :smile:
Reply 35
yeah unfortunately we sort of so :redface:

hi hgo .... may i bug you again ? :frown:

do you know why i would use spearmans rank ? i know it measures correlation but why would i use it ? :smile:

Spearmans rank identifies relationships (correlations) between two variables and this can be used to proved or disprove your hypothes is. Using a statistical test improves the reliability of any conclusions drawn from your results.
Reply 36
Original post by hgo
Spearmans rank identifies relationships (correlations) between two variables and this can be used to proved or disprove your hypothes is. Using a statistical test improves the reliability of any conclusions drawn from your results.

thank you very much hgo :smile:
Reply 37
What is a running mean? What does it show? Do we calculate it to make the data completely random? By using the running mean values as co-ordinates for quadrat? Please help thanks

i am sure someone know it.. please help :frown:
(edited 11 years ago)
Hi guys

I am an external candidate retaking this unit from last year. For the exam for this course, you will be given a booklet (if you already don't know?) Have you already been given this booklet?

I'm struggling to get hold of it seeing as im an external candidiate and was just wondering if anybody would be able to post it on here?

Thank you :smile:
Original post by hgo

Hi sorry to bother you but I was just wondering does the value of the coefficent have to be bigger than the critical value at a particular significane level for the null hypothesis to be rejected?

For example i got 0.829 for rs (spearman's coefficient) and at 5% significance level the critical value is 0.886. so does this mean i cannot reject the null hypothesis as my rs value is greater than 0.886 ?

Quick Reply

Latest