Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Benicassim 2012

Announcements Posted on
TSR Movie Madness in in to the final 16! The group winners battle it out for the overall title! 15-07-2014
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Anyone heading this year? I'm seriously thinking about going this year, has anyone been there before? if so what did you think?
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I've got my ticket. Praying for another decent headliner though!
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    i got my ticket, gonna be mega. line up looks good so far!
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Got my tickets, can't wait to go! A close friend went last year and she said it was amazing! I'm doing a night in Barca on Sunday and then the whole weeks camping followed by a further three nights in Barca after Beni. Literally so excited! Only thing which is concerning me is spending money but I'll cross that bridge when I come to it
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    I'm all booked . Lineup is pretty decent, a lot of people seem to be disappointed but meh, it's fine!
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dannyk)
    I'm all booked . Lineup is pretty decent, a lot of people seem to be disappointed but meh, it's fine!
    That's the spirit! See you there
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Went last year and its a great festival but I found the heat camping to be literally unbearable at times.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bide_your_time)
    Went last year and its a great festival but I found the heat camping to be literally unbearable at times.
    Where did you sleep during the day? Is there shade on the beach?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Where did you sleep during the day? Is there shade on the beach?
    I'd wake up at like 8am in my tent covered in sweat then I got the bus into town and opposite lidl theres like a grassy area with some trees which is where I slept everyday for as long as possible. Had to get down there pretty early to actually be able to fit in the shade as a lot of people tended to be trying to sleep there.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    I'd wake up at like 8am in my tent covered in sweat then I got the bus into town and opposite lidl theres like a grassy area with some trees which is where I slept everyday for as long as possible. Had to get down there pretty early to actually be able to fit in the shade as a lot of people tended to be trying to sleep there.
    Ah right. So is it worth paying for the week shuttle bus ticket? Oh and is there much shade in the campsite? Sorry for all the questions.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Ah right. So is it worth paying for the week shuttle bus ticket? Oh and is there much shade in the campsite? Sorry for all the questions.
    We didnt have the week ticket for the bus but considering I got it everyday should have done tbh I didnt know it even existed haha.

To be fair there is quite a few canopy type things in the campsites but you've got to get there pretty early to get your tent under one.

Any other questions just ask.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    We didnt have the week ticket for the bus but considering I got it everyday should have done tbh I didnt know it even existed haha.

To be fair there is quite a few canopy type things in the campsites but you've got to get there pretty early to get your tent under one.

Any other questions just ask.
    Ah right thanks, yeah I think I might get the week ticket then, seems quite reasonable, saves walking - is it half an hour from campsite to beach?

When did you arrive in the campsite? We're getting there Monday evening so do you thin there'll be spots under the canopies left? Bit weird that they only have some of the campsite like that. Are you going again this year?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Ah right thanks, yeah I think I might get the week ticket then, seems quite reasonable, saves walking - is it half an hour from campsite to beach?

When did you arrive in the campsite? We're getting there Monday evening so do you thin there'll be spots under the canopies left? Bit weird that they only have some of the campsite like that. Are you going again this year?
    Probably about half hour or maybe a little bit more to the beach but the start of the town is alot closer.

I think we got there wednesday night would have got there monday but came straight from a holiday in magaluf so that was the earliest we could arrive. My other friends that went got under the shade arriving on monday so you should be fine.

Not going this year clashes with my holiday with friends so can't make it and most of the line up I will be seeing elsewhere this summer.
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    Could anybody who's already been tell me what usually happens on the Monday and Tuesday, apart from the usual campsite antics.. Any specific things organised?
    Cheers

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Am concerned about things to do Monday-Wednesday too. Flight to Valencia arrives at 1140, so should be getting to the festival at 2-3pm at the latest, so counting on there still being places to sleep/shaded areas.

Anyone know about whether the lockers are safe too? And how much they cost?
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SLlewellyn)
    Am concerned about things to do Monday-Wednesday too. Flight to Valencia arrives at 1140, so should be getting to the festival at 2-3pm at the latest, so counting on there still being places to sleep/shaded areas.
    I haven't been before but I'm guessing just lounge around on the beach and have a few drinks in the bars etc... There was a little stage on the beach last year with unsigned bands which hopefully will be there again this year. There's also the waterpark but that costs a bit, like €20 or something.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    How much money are people planning on bringing? I'm worried it's gonna work out a lot more expensive than planned...
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    taking about £400, also get paid while I'm out there so will have some extra cash!
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    I'm going again this year. Can't say I'm impressed with the lineup whatsoever though. I was banking on Radiohead considering they are in Spain around the same time.

What to do before all the music kicks off? I know there's an awesome beach party on one of the nights. It's always kicking off in the town centre. It's literally impossible to be bored.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Panda Bear)
    I'm going again this year. Can't say I'm impressed with the lineup whatsoever though. I was banking on Radiohead considering they are in Spain around the same time.

What to do before all the music kicks off? I know there's an awesome beach party on one of the nights. It's always kicking off in the town centre. It's literally impossible to be bored.
    How much stuff is there do to in the Town centre at night then? Any clubs?

Also, does anyone know about the lockers (like how much, where they are etc). I was thinking of leaving valuables such as money, passport etc in there, but then again I'm only just 18 so will I need a passport to get drinks? Or would they accept a provisional driving licence?

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?

this is what you'll be called on TSR

2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?

never shared and never spammed

3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide the button to the right to create your account

Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: July 2, 2012
New on TSR

Naughtiest thing you did at school

Did you get away with it or were you punished?

Article updates
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered festivals and live events threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.