The Student Room Group

To ladies: What height is a "short" guy?

What height would you say is a benchmark that if you are under, you are though of as a short guy haha?

Scroll to see replies

5"6/5"7
any bloke shorter than 5ft8
Reply 3
5ft 7" and shorter. (technically speaking)
Wouldn't be put off dating someone of that height since I'm 5ft 4" so I wouldn't want to alarm anyone...
Reply 4
FML. I'm very short then.
Reply 5
Original post by ct2k7
FML. I'm very short then.

Like I said, your height won't be a limiting factor in relationships.
Reply 6
I agree with Lucia, usually 5ft 7and bellow is considered short for a guy. Then again I'm a 5ft 9 girl, so I'd be towering over them anyway, so in relation to my height, they'd seem short to me. With that in mind, it is relative to the other persons height. To a 5ft 2 girl for example, a 5ft 6 guy wouldn't seem short even though he's a fair bit under average :tongue:
Reply 7
I'm 5'10" and it seems like everybody is a bit taller than me o_O :P
Original post by Lucia.
Like I said, your height won't be a limiting factor in relationships.

Probably the nicest thing a girl will ever say about short guys.
5 ft 7 or under.
Reply 10
5 ft 5 under
Reply 11
Original post by RedDevilThing
Probably the nicest thing a girl will ever say about short guys.

I'm not saying it just to be nice. I have a friend who's 4ft 11" and she doesn't take any notice of how short a guy is by common standards. I know for sure that shorter guys can find fulfilling relationships and I don't think they should feel like their height makes them any less of a man. It's just about saying "this is how God made me" and be happy with it - so much more to a person anyway. OP, don't worry too much about your height. :smile:
Reply 12
5ft 8 and under
Reply 13
Its relative. If a girl is taller than a guy, hes short.
Reply 14
what the ****...this entire thread has destroyed my self-esteem (height-related self esteem, which obviously isnt everything, but lmao I thought I was average until I read this thread)
Original post by mandem2k11
What height would you say is a benchmark that if you are under, you are though of as a short guy haha?

5ft6-ish.
Original post by GirasoleL
I agree with Lucia, usually 5ft 7and bellow is considered short for a guy. Then again I'm a 5ft 9 girl, so I'd be towering over them anyway, so in relation to my height, they'd seem short to me. With that in mind, it is relative to the other persons height. To a 5ft 2 girl for example, a 5ft 6 guy wouldn't seem short even though he's a fair bit under average :tongue:

5ft2 girl here and definitely still consider a 5ft6 guy to be short...not that I would have an issue with it though. :smile:
I'm 5'10 so a short lad to me is my height and shorter ... when im wearing heels im like 6'2 so i like tall lads :biggrin:

i know some lovely lads who are sound but they are shorter :/
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 18
Anything below 5'8. But thats because I'm freakishly tall. :tongue:
Original post by Ken321
what the ****...this entire thread has destroyed my self-esteem (height-related self esteem, which obviously isnt everything, but lmao I thought I was average until I read this thread)

how tall are you mate?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending