The Student Room Group

What shoes to wear to nightclub?

Are you allowed to wear White shoes and/or trainers in clubs in major towns and cities? Any other things you're not allowed/shouldn't wear?

Scroll to see replies

The one thing I learn't from 'The Inbetweeners' was to never wear trainers to a nightclub as you will inevitably trade yours with a tramp to get some pussy.
I've always just worn Converse or something and never had an issue
Reply 3
Original post by Darth Vader 7
The one thing I learn't from 'The Inbetweeners' was to never wear trainers to a nightclub as you will inevitably trade yours with a tramp to get some pussy.

Never watched the film - awful I know, but I'm not into that type of film tbh. What did he do? Attract awful girls?
Reply 4
I have worn trainers with the sexiest dresses to clubs. Never had a problem.
Original post by srascal8
Never watched the film - awful I know, but I'm not into that type of film tbh. What did he do? Attract awful girls?

Wasn't in the film :confused:
Reply 6
Just wear dark shoes - if you don't have smart shoes then black trainers might work, since in the lights they won't see them well. NOT white trainers, or trainers with white laces.
Reply 7
Original post by Gigamonkey
Just wear dark shoes - if you don't have smart shoes then black trainers might work, since in the lights they won't see them well. NOT white trainers, or trainers with white laces.

So no white shoes then? Why is that, I mean I understand they don't want them, but why?

So dark shoes/pumps or grey vans will suffice?
Reply 8
So no white shoes then? Why is that, I mean I understand they don't want them, but why?

So dark shoes/pumps or grey vans will suffice?

Because white will glow in the lights, and if people in trainers go in there it might 'lower the tone' of the place somewhat, plus you'd look like a total goon anyway lol. I think dark shoes would do, but maybe you should also ask your mates what they've been able to get away with. If you are unsure then you might as well buy a new pair that you can wear to all kinds of nightclubs without wondering what the door person will think.
Reply 9
I don't go to clubs so I'm not an expert on these things, but trainers seem a bit scruffy and too casual.
Reply 10
Are you allowed to wear White shoes and/or trainers in clubs in major towns and cities? Any other things you're not allowed/shouldn't wear?

Trainers arent allowed generally, and white shoes are normally ok, but I wouldn't recomend due to the fact they'll go in white and come out black as nightclub floors are filthy! Don't wear t shirts with logos or anything on, my friend wasn't allowed in with a G-star t shirt on Friday. He had to go home and get changed and come back!
Reply 11
Original post by emilymay
Trainers arent allowed generally, and white shoes are normally ok, but I wouldn't recomend due to the fact they'll go in white and come out black as nightclub floors are filthy! Don't wear t shirts with logos or anything on, my friend wasn't allowed in with a G-star t shirt on Friday. He had to go home and get changed and come back!

Oh wow, first I've heard of that! Was it a huge 'g-star' logo across the chest? wow, your from cheshire! i was there a few days ago visiting liverpool uni, and shopped in cheshire oaks :P

Was it a club like Koko or Mood that he wasn't allowed into? :O
normal townie clubs - dunno what they're like these days, but 10 years ago trainers weren't allowed.

rock clubs, anything goes. I wear big new rock boots when I go.
Reply 13
Oh wow, first I've heard of that! Was it a huge 'g-star' logo across the chest? wow, your from cheshire! i was there a few days ago visiting liverpool uni, and shopped in cheshire oaks :P

Was it a club like Koko or Mood that he wasn't allowed into? :O

It was just a t-shirt that had G star written on I think, I don't really remember! It was in a club in Leeds called Halo :smile: It wasn't too bad though he lived quite close so he was back in about 15 mins :smile:
Haha yeah, i hail from the shire :P living in Leeds right now though. Cheshire Oaks is awesome :smile: It's my nearest outlet, nearest decent cinema (although still a good half hour drive :frown: but thats what you get when you live in the middle of nowhere :P )
Reply 14
It's because it was GStar. The brand just screams scally/chav so no wonder he wasn't allowed in.
You can wear stylish trainers and still get in the decent clubs. Wearing a shirt and shoes doesn't guarantee entry. You can tell all the young lads who do this in town, they look like they're on their first day at school in "town clothes" that don't fit.
Reply 15
Depends
Club where people are more obsessed with fashion than having a good night - Shoes
Good club - Trainers, or whatever you like really

I don't go to clubs with dress codes, they usually charge entry, then extortionate amounts for some pissy pint of beer, the music is the kind of **** you hear on radio 1, the girls are all duckfaced fake tanned wearing slags and the guys are all pretentious ****ers who're trying to shag the girls. It seems to me the only reason people go to these places is because everyone else does and they don't want to be left out.
Stick to clubs without dress codes, in my experience they are a far better night out, you'll meet some good people, have a laugh, plenty of guilt free beers because it's not stupidly overpriced and you can leave happily whenever because you don't feel obliged to get your moneys worth.
Reply 16
Original post by emilymay

Where exactly are trainers not allowed? 90% of young guys out clubbing have some form of trainer on. G star is frowned upon because it's a brand for 14 year old chavs, I've similarly seen people turned away for wearing 'Henleys'.
Reply 17
Original post by MrSam
I presume you don't mean Koko in Camden? I couldn't see them turning someone away for what they were wearing.

No I meant KoKo Liverpool :P
Reply 18
I would not recommend a matter of fact, they will go out in white, black nightclub floor is dirty! Do not wear a T-shirt logo or any on.It In my opinion, is the only reason people go to these places because, like everyone else, they do not want to be excluded.
Is convers a good shout for Newcastle?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending