The Student Room Group

University of Malta Medicine

Scroll to see replies

Original post by username2012
If you are NOT a graduate applicant, you have to have a humanities subject or you get rejected..sucks.

does that include a language at all? :P
Original post by Aysha92
Have any UK applicants heard anything back yet? Or do you know when we expect to receive a decision? Thanks.

Hey Aysha, Just wondering if you could give me as much info about applying to Malta, as I will be this year :smile: currently a year 12. Also, how hard is the entrance test or is it just AS Biology. Thanks in advance :smile: I know little about the application process.
Reply 82
My dad has just sorted out his citizenship (half Maltese). I really wished I'd put off uni a year, sorted mine out then gone to University over there, have a lot of family out there. Love Malta :smile:
Reply 83
Original post by AishaTara
Hey Aysha, Just wondering if you could give me as much info about applying to Malta, as I will be this year :smile: currently a year 12. Also, how hard is the entrance test or is it just AS Biology. Thanks in advance :smile: I know little about the application process.

Will you be applying when you're in year 13 or do you mean now? You need to have 3 A-Levels so will have to apply next year.
I didn't do a test as I have A-levels, only intl applicants and graduates do the test or A-level applicants who don't meet the grade requirements.
Hope this helps :smile:
Original post by Aysha92
Will you be applying when you're in year 13 or do you mean now? You need to have 3 A-Levels so will have to apply next year.
I didn't do a test as I have A-levels, only intl applicants and graduates do the test or A-level applicants who don't meet the grade requirements.
Hope this helps :smile:

urgh so I have to apply in a gap year? do you know anywhere where I can apply this year? I may try Pakistan :P aha!
What are the grade requirements if you dont mind me asking?
Reply 85
So is it 100% that you need an as level in a language and an as level in a humanatarian subject?

Would appreciate if I cuold get a response.

also if I am in year 12 now and took english as and like history as levels during year 13 would I be able to enter the university immediately after year 13 without a gap year?
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 86
Original post by gradapplicant
Has anyone received a reply of interview or rejection after their entrance exams in biology and chemistry last week, or does anyone know when we will get the results

No idea. Horrible I say. How are you coping?
Original post by DrKarma

Hey,
I was just wondering if you could tell me as much about the course as you know.
I'm a year 12 student, who would like to apply. What are the entry requirements? Do we all have to take an entrance test? I'm from the UK.
Lastly, can I apply this year or does it have to be in a gap year after 13?
Your help would be greatly appreciated ;D
Original post by DrKarma

I phoned the international office who said they have not had any marks back from the medical faculty, and then when I phoned them they said they needed to have a exam board meeting to ratify the results, for which they had no date, but were referring to a timeline of one to two weeks. so feel like in limbo land really, maybe you could phone (go thru the main switchboard) early next week and ask the medical faculty of when they are having the exam board meeting?
On the test day the staff had mentioned that we would get the results within a week as the candidates who were going to get interviewed on 27th June would need to book their flights?
Reply 89
Original post by gradapplicant
I phoned the international office who said they have not had any marks back from the medical faculty, and then when I phoned them they said they needed to have a exam board meeting to ratify the results, for which they had no date, but were referring to a timeline of one to two weeks. so feel like in limbo land really, maybe you could phone (go thru the main switchboard) early next week and ask the medical faculty of when they are having the exam board meeting?
On the test day the staff had mentioned that we would get the results within a week as the candidates who were going to get interviewed on 27th June would need to book their flights?

Hi there.

I cannot remember them saying this on the exam day. Just seemed very distant. Was this information. You found out individually?

How do you feel about all of the short notice and lack of consistency with regards to admissions?

Also did you not find that there were several typos and mistakes in the papers?
Reply 90
Original post by Xmb
So is it 100% that you need an as level in a language and an as level in a humanatarian subject?

Would appreciate if I cuold get a response.

also if I am in year 12 now and took english as and like history as levels during year 13 would I be able to enter the university immediately after year 13 without a gap year?

Yes you can apply in year 13, but double check with the uni

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 91
Original post by AishaTara
urgh so I have to apply in a gap year? do you know anywhere where I can apply this year? I may try Pakistan :P aha!
What are the grade requirements if you dont mind me asking?

No you can apply in year 13. I thought you're year 12
BBB grades I think

Reply 92
Those who visited the country and the university ... how did you find it? Did it seem like a nice place and what's your first impression?
Thanks
Reply 93
Hello there i was wondering when is the last date to apply for this course .. I E.mail the uni and they said it too late,i should apply in dec-jan for 2013/2014 but the uni website says the late application can go up to mid june ?
and one more question how is this course different then any of the med courses in Romania ?
I mean Which is better ?
Original post by m_ali9990
Hello there i was wondering when is the last date to apply for this course .. I E.mail the uni and they said it too late,i should apply in dec-jan for 2013/2014 but the uni website says the late application can go up to mid june ?
and one more question how is this course different then any of the med courses in Romania ?
I mean Which is better ?

hi there, i missed the April deadline but when i rang up, the lady told me that you can apply until mid June as long as you have the following...

Biology A2
Chemistry A2
humanities or a language to AS or A2
are fluent in English
go through British exam boards such as AQA, OCR, Edexcel etc...

so when you apply, you apply as a home student, not an international, because British A levels are classed as home qualifications.

its all very complicated and i dont really understand, i just want to know if im in or not. i didnt have to do the entrance exam and i dont have to be interviewed, so am i in? i just dont know :frown:
Reply 95
Original post by Abbieastoria
hi there, i missed the April deadline but when i rang up, the lady told me that you can apply until mid June as long as you have the following...

Biology A2
Chemistry A2
humanities or a language to AS or A2
are fluent in English
go through British exam boards such as AQA, OCR, Edexcel etc...

so when you apply, you apply as a home student, not an international, because British A levels are classed as home qualifications.

its all very complicated and i dont really understand, i just want to know if im in or not. i didnt have to do the entrance exam and i dont have to be interviewed, so am i in? i just dont know :frown:

Did she say humanities OR a language or both?
I guess we will hear back once results are out maybe?

Original post by Aysha92
Did she say humanities OR a language or both?
I guess we will hear back once results are out maybe?

she asked if i had a humanities or language and i said i did History to AS and English Language, biology and chemistry to A2 and she said that was fine. i doubt english is classed as a language so you probs only need one of them. the best thing to do is ring and ask, i found admissions on the phone to be very helpful

just wish i knew what was going on, i was asked to scan and send my documents which i was told i would only be asked for if i got offered a place. but when i log on to the website it still says my application is being processed, plus i don't need interview or entrance exam because im predicted As in biology and chemistry. so im hoping that means im in... :/
Reply 97
Original post by Abbieastoria
she asked if i had a humanities or language and i said i did History to AS and English Language, biology and chemistry to A2 and she said that was fine. i doubt english is classed as a language so you probs only need one of them. the best thing to do is ring and ask, i found admissions on the phone to be very helpful

just wish i knew what was going on, i was asked to scan and send my documents which i was told i would only be asked for if i got offered a place. but when i log on to the website it still says my application is being processed, plus i don't need interview or entrance exam because im predicted As in biology and chemistry. so im hoping that means im in... :/

No I think english does count as a language, that's why they didn't mind. I was told I needed a language even though I had geography to A2.

Yeah I hope it does mean we are in, which I think is the case if we get the required grades. I keep checking my application status and it's still the same ... it's annoying this wait
Reply 98
Hi all, I still have had no reply from UoM regarding the entrance exam, this wait is getting annoying now!
Reply 99
Original post by Naz1958
Hi all, I still have had no reply from UoM regarding the entrance exam, this wait is getting annoying now!

I know!

I suppose they see 2 weeks as suffient time to book another flight and prepare ?!

How do you feel about the whole situation? There weren't many of us sitting for the exam also- can't remember the exact number.

Somebody was told we should hear within a few days to a week of taking the exam, however this is clearly not the case.

The lack of communication is the hardest to deal with.

Hope this no news is good news!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending