Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free to post

Stockholm School of Economics MSc Finance applicants

Announcements Posted on
Applying to Uni? Let Universities come to you. Click here to get your perfect place 20-10-2014
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Mine arrived around the 17th January I think.

I have minimal work experience, just a bit of time spent at Tradition, which is an inter dealer broker.

My guess would be that SSE likes the GMAT.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kingy950)
    My guess would be that SSE likes the GMAT.
    I hope my 720 will suit them. Did you get an offer through universityadmission.se or directly from SSE?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Direct email with attached offer letter from SSE. Good luck with your application!
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Direct email with attached offer letter from SSE. Good luck with your application!
    Thanks! my documents arrived pretty late, on January 27, so I'm assuming they weren't yet scanned in the system.
    Hopefully I'll get an offer soon
    Btw, are you from UK?
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    I just heard from decisions in the finance department. Someone has some news from the Economic department?

Best
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    My status says "In Progress", documents arrived on the 21st of January.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    Economics?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    MSc. Finance and Accounting
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I also have received an early offer for Finance - but will turn it down as it was one of my safety choices and I also have offers from MIT, LSE and Cambridge..

I still do think that the SSE is a great school and going there is a good choice!!
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    That's a very impressive set of offers you have! Very well done! May I ask what your profile is like?

Where do you think you will choose?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by slct)
    Thanks! my documents arrived pretty late, on January 27, so I'm assuming they weren't yet scanned in the system.
    Hopefully I'll get an offer soon
    Btw, are you from UK?
    Sorry, didn't see this. Yes I am from the UK, currently studying at University of Birmingham, you?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Sorry, didn't see this. Yes I am from the UK, currently studying at University of Birmingham, you?
    Eastern-Europe, non-EU => unknown, non-target university ))
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Hi, What are you studying at Birmingham? Asking because I am at Birmingham as well.
    What GMAT/GRE score do you have and what are you planning on studying?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Ah such a small world! I am studying economics, you?

I scored 720 on the GMAT and have accepted my place on the Master in Finance course at SSE. I'm still waiting to hear back from HEC Paris and RSM so I may change my mind, but I doubt it as I really like everything I have seen about SSE.

What score do you have and what are you planning to study?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Ah such a small world! I am studying economics, you?

I scored 720 on the GMAT and have accepted my place on the Master in Finance course at SSE. I'm still waiting to hear back from HEC Paris and RSM so I may change my mind, but I doubt it as I really like everything I have seen about SSE.

What score do you have and what are you planning to study?
    Congratulations on your offer, I am still waiting to hear back. I scored 680 and have applied to Msc Finance and General Management. Currently studying the joint degree in Engineering and Management.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I am guessing from your name that you have lived in Sweden? What is Sweden, and Stockholm in particular, like to live in?

Good luck with your application.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I am guessing from your name that you have lived in Sweden? What is Sweden, and Stockholm in particular, like to live in?

I am Swedish, just living and studying in the UK at the minute and will be moving back this summer after I graduate. I guess I am a bit biased being Swedish, so I really like Sweden and Stockholm. If you want then we can meet some time in the near future and discuss this.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:

As somebody who is definitely not Swedish I must add, that Sweden is indeed a wonderful place to live and study, and Stockholm is a jewel of Sweden
    I spent a lot of time in Stockholm, - it is clean, had wonderful public transportation (probably the best in the World), very beautiful and convenient. The weather is, perhaps, not ideal, but not all that bad, either. I would choose Sweden any day if it made any sense to me ( as international I would have to pay the full price for the course and it just makes more sense to apply to UK schools).
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Thank you for your input. From what I have read and heard about Sweden and Stockholm it sounds like a wonderful place to live and I'm really looking forward to getting there.

The only things that I am slightly wary of are the high cost of living and the long winter nights but I guess you get used to it.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    Does someone got an offer from the Economic Department?

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: February 8, 2013
New on TSR

Personal statement help

Use our clever tool to create a PS you're proud of.

Article updates
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.