The Student Room Group

Stockholm School of Economics MSc Finance applicants

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Well good luck to everyone with their applications! I hope you all hear some positive news soon so that we can all start looking towards and planning for a bright future at SSE.
Reply 41
In Sweden its dark, not bright!
Reply 42
Original post by slct
did anyone's status change on the UniversityAdmissions.se?
I got a Merit Ranking of 99/99 for MSc Finance

I got the same 99/99. A friend of mine also got 99/99 and our grades and GMAT are very different. I don't think this means much. I think this is all coming from universityadmissions.se, and not SSE, so this is not a decision of acceptance. Can those of you who got an early offer confirm this?
Reply 43
Here the same...

Think there will be first results in the next days!
Reply 44
Original post by slct
what are yours and your friend's GMAT scores?

760 and 680
From the facebook page of another Swedish university I read that basically this message means we meet the minimum requirements and we will be considered during the selection process. 99/99 is given to those who applied in time and meet the requirements, it's not number of points based on which an admission decision is made. There are other numbers/letters given to those who applied late, don't meet the GMAT requirement, etc.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 45
Okay, now I'm confused!

Hopefully we all got a mail tonight!
Reply 46
Well, I fully expect both of us to get an offer, but I don't think we can start to celebrate yet.
See this link, which makes me doubt your statement:
From Malmo university
Reply 47
Friday...

So just wait...
Reply 48
I also got a 99/99 for Marketing and Media Management. This wait is TORTURE!
Reply 49
Just checked my status on the admissions website and mine says 99/99 as well. I received an early offer but it was directly from SSE not from the UniversityAdmissions.se people so I can't say what a 99/99 exactly means other than that it is obviously a good thing. As the website says, it is the maximum score that your application can get so a great sign.

However, a word of caution I would say is that this score may be worked out by a formula rather than by ranking the applications and using a distribution. So a lot of people may score 99/99 rather than it being an indication that you are in the top fraction of applicants.

Having said that, I think it can only be good, and hopefully you all receive offers too as soon as possible!

Where did people see that notifications are friday? I'm really looking forward to receiving more information and welcome packs from SSE once the decisions have been made.

Best of luck.
Reply 50
I have merit 99/99 aswell and called the admission office, they told me I am admitted to Msc Finance (conditional offer) !!!!
Reply 51
Did they say that its because of 99/99?
Reply 52
Original post by slct
yay! congrats!

are you in your last year of bachelor's studies? I got the same conditional offer written.
what are your stats?

@ franzel no they didnt say it was therefore, but my guess is that if you have full merit you will get accepted.

Yes, I am at my final bachelor year, when did you get your offer? I still want the offer written (to be absolute sure)
Reply 53
Don't you meet the minimum requirements?

Would be logical to get rejected in the 2nd priority when you get admission in your first one.
Reply 54
Original post by slct
I asked the coordinator about the ranking. This is what she replied:
We do not use those rankings, it is just an automatic number that comes up in the system.

So yeah, 3 more days of waiting.
The weird thing, however, is that I applied to MSc Accounting and MSc Management as my 2nd and 3rd priorities. Both of them changed to Rejected minutes ago, while the Finance one is still Conditionally Qualified

My second and third are both rejected aswell
Reply 55
Here the same.

That's isn't pure chance...
Reply 56
YOUR APPLICATION IS LOCKED AS SELECTION IS CURRENTLY BEING RUN
Anyone else see got this? It wasn't there last night when I last checked. Oh and the 99/99 thing is gone.
(edited 12 years ago)
"Your application is locked as selection is currently being run"
Does anyone else have the same message on his/her page?
Seems like they are running a lottery:biggrin: I haven't heard of anyone who got below 99...
Reply 59
Good guy SSE
Gives everyone the maximum score

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending