Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free to post

Stockholm School of Economics MSc Finance applicants

This thread is sponsored by:
Announcements Posted on
Become part of the Welcome Squad! Apply here! 28-10-2014
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    what I heard is that for those who got 99/99 it basically means admission; others on the waiting list have lower scores;
    one thing to mention is that I have also applied to the MSc in Accounting and Financial Management and MSc Management; both of these are still In-Progress. Only the Finance option has changed.
    and with 760 and 680 it's easy to believe about getting the offer
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    Okay, now I'm confused!

Hopefully we all got a mail tonight!
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    the email should be on Friday, not today
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Well, I fully expect both of us to get an offer, but I don't think we can start to celebrate yet.
    See this link, which makes me doubt your statement:
    From Malmo university
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    if you check this website http://statistik.vhs.se/Home/Search
    and look for SSE for Masterht09, the admission points shown are 96, which makes me believe that 3 people were admitted from the waiting list: 98, 97, 96.
    I may be wrong, but lets hope for the best
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    Friday...

So just wait...
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I also got a 99/99 for Marketing and Media Management. This wait is TORTURE!
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Just checked my status on the admissions website and mine says 99/99 as well. I received an early offer but it was directly from SSE not from the UniversityAdmissions.se people so I can't say what a 99/99 exactly means other than that it is obviously a good thing. As the website says, it is the maximum score that your application can get so a great sign.

However, a word of caution I would say is that this score may be worked out by a formula rather than by ranking the applications and using a distribution. So a lot of people may score 99/99 rather than it being an indication that you are in the top fraction of applicants.

Having said that, I think it can only be good, and hopefully you all receive offers too as soon as possible!

Where did people see that notifications are friday? I'm really looking forward to receiving more information and welcome packs from SSE once the decisions have been made.

Best of luck.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kingy950)
    Just checked my status on the admissions website and mine says 99/99 as well. I received an early offer but it was directly from SSE not from the UniversityAdmissions.se people so I can't say what a 99/99 exactly means other than that it is obviously a good thing. As the website says, it is the maximum score that your application can get so a great sign.

However, a word of caution I would say is that this score may be worked out by a formula rather than by ranking the applications and using a distribution. So a lot of people may score 99/99 rather than it being an indication that you are in the top fraction of applicants.

Having said that, I think it can only be good, and hopefully you all receive offers too as soon as possible!

Where did people see that notifications are friday? I'm really looking forward to receiving more information and welcome packs from SSE once the decisions have been made.

Best of luck.
    front page https://www.universityadmissions.se/intl/start
    16 Mar - Selection results for master's applicants published

what I've read on a different forum about these rankings is that basically if you have a maximum score like 999/999 or 99/99, it means that you have a great chance of being admitted, like 90% (a friend of mine currently studying in Sweden told me I'm in for sure, but I need the official result). The lower rankings are assigned to wait-listed candidates.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I have merit 99/99 aswell and called the admission office, they told me I am admitted to Msc Finance (conditional offer) !!!!
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PAtrik1956)
    I have merit 99/99 aswell and called the admission office, they told me I am admitted to Msc Finance (conditional offer) !!!!
    yay! congrats!

are you in your last year of bachelor's studies? I got the same conditional offer written.
    what are your stats?
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    Did they say that its because of 99/99?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by slct)
    yay! congrats!

are you in your last year of bachelor's studies? I got the same conditional offer written.
    what are your stats?
    @ franzel no they didnt say it was therefore, but my guess is that if you have full merit you will get accepted.

Yes, I am at my final bachelor year, when did you get your offer? I still want the offer written (to be absolute sure)
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I asked the coordinator about the ranking. This is what she replied:
    We do not use those rankings, it is just an automatic number that comes up in the system.

So yeah, 3 more days of waiting.
    The weird thing, however, is that I applied to MSc Accounting and MSc Management as my 2nd and 3rd priorities. Both of them changed to Rejected minutes ago, while the Finance one is still Conditionally Qualified
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    Don't you meet the minimum requirements?

Would be logical to get rejected in the 2nd priority when you get admission in your first one.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by slct)
    I asked the coordinator about the ranking. This is what she replied:
    We do not use those rankings, it is just an automatic number that comes up in the system.

So yeah, 3 more days of waiting.
    The weird thing, however, is that I applied to MSc Accounting and MSc Management as my 2nd and 3rd priorities. Both of them changed to Rejected minutes ago, while the Finance one is still Conditionally Qualified
    My second and third are both rejected aswell
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    Here the same.

That's isn't pure chance...
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    YOUR APPLICATION IS LOCKED AS SELECTION IS CURRENTLY BEING RUN
    Anyone else see got this? It wasn't there last night when I last checked. Oh and the 99/99 thing is gone.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    "Your application is locked as selection is currently being run"
    Does anyone else have the same message on his/her page?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    same here ))) let's see if we get something tonight

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: February 8, 2013
New on TSR

Halloween 2014

Join the TSR Halloween party...if you dare!

Article updates
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.