The Student Room Group

Playaway abroad

Hey,

Me and a friend are trying to see if playawayabroad is legitimate because we cant seem to get in contact with anyone who has actually been away with them to Kos (or anywhere else!). Obviously the reviews on the site can be made up which is why were checking :smile:

Anyone used them before? Would really appreciate it

Thank you x

Scroll to see replies

They are legitimate, but its pointless.
Reply 2
I have been looking on the website, and have considered going away with them. I really want to go and work abroad in the Summer of 2013, and so far playaway seems like the best site. However I feel that its quite a lot of money to pay as you are not certain of job. Heeeeeeeeeeeeelp me! I don't know what to do.
Reply 3
I know people that have used that site.

Trust me, you are much better of just booking a flight out to your preffered destination early in the season and doing all the leg work yourself. I know it may be daunting but you'd be saving yourself a lot of money. I know plenty of people that have originally decided to go on holiday, easily found a job whilst out there and then not come back on their return flight.

I plan on doing the same in Ibiza this summer.
Original post by BethHannam
I have been looking on the website, and have considered going away with them. I really want to go and work abroad in the Summer of 2013, and so far playaway seems like the best site. However I feel that its quite a lot of money to pay as you are not certain of job. Heeeeeeeeeeeeelp me! I don't know what to do.

Hiya, i went with playaway last year to tenerife and it was truly amazing, they help you out with absolutely everything and yes they do find everyone "who is willing to work" a job. All i gotta say is do it....

Ive signed up for another summer in tenerife with playaway. :smile:
Original post by Emzylicious86
Hiya, i went with playaway last year to tenerife and it was truly amazing, they help you out with absolutely everything and yes they do find everyone "who is willing to work" a job. All i gotta say is do it....

Ive signed up for another summer in tenerife with playaway. :smile:

i really want to go with playaway, but i won't be able to get out to zante till the beginning of July. they said that as long as your persistent you will get a job- is that true even if i go at the beginning of july?
Reply 6
my mate done it with playaway i think he done tenerife but this was a few years ago and he says it was amazing! :smile:
Reply 7
Ive just booked to go Tenerife in April with playway and im a little worried about it too, already paid!! They told me i would receive a confirmation pack in a couple of days which is fine right up until i realised i hadnt even been aasked for my address- really worried about it now, they called me back on a mobile number, took the payment from me and said bye. In all my excitement i didnt question it but on reflection im slightly worried. Replies would be soooooo very much appreciated as Ive already handed over my savings of about £500!!
Reply 8
ooooo just got through to them and they said it comes via email which does make sense as it will have differnt flight options attached- for the sake of other worriers i will inform you all when/if i receive this email, because other than that i have no worries!!
Original post by evieee24
ooooo just got through to them and they said it comes via email which does make sense as it will have differnt flight options attached- for the sake of other worriers i will inform you all when/if i receive this email, because other than that i have no worries!!

Well done for having the courage to book :smile: you are gonna have the best summer ever. There is a group page on facebook for anyone booked to go to tenerife this year. Its called tenerife 2013 playaway abroad! I shall see u out there as im going 26th march. X
Reply 10
Hi did any of use eventually book with playaway if so how did use find the whole experience? x
PLEASE READ THIS BEFORE BOOKING WITH PLAYAWAY - my bad experience.

The problem has already started at the airport, a rep was supposed to be waiting for me at the airport, when I arrived there was no rep, I have tried to call them numerous times but no reply, after continuously trying the rep has picked up and told me to wait at the cafe, she will 'shortly be here' I have waited at least 2 hours. When we got to the apartment it was very filthy, the floor was unclean with bugs crawling all over the floor, not even mentioning there were bug inside the sink, yes the SINK!!! The next day we all meet at the café for drinks, I have asked my rep to sort me out with a Spanish phone, she said no problem and she will come to my apartment later on in the day, she never turned up, I especially stayed in waiting for her, I haven’t seen her in a few days, when I did see her she told me she came in for me but I wasn’t in, absolute rubbish!!. I have then asked her for a job, NIE number and a bank account. The situation was the same as with the phone, when I seen her a few days later and asked her to help me set up a bank account, she simply said, quoting the exact words I don’t know how to set up a bank account’. Overall she was very rude and treated most people with no respect at all. This was my worst experience ever, I have paid a lot of money for things and services I did not receive. So please double think when booking with this company, they will try suck every penny out of you. Also I did not receive my 100 euro of deposit back, and neither did most of my friends. THE WORST COMPANY EVER!!!!
Reply 12
Went with playaway in june, apartments were abs dirty with no clean sheets :frown: reps were very unfriendy and had to ask plenty of times for small help, poor job guys
Hello.
mature older woman just needs company. Young at heart and would like to help you come to the US if you help keep me company. I will sed you a pic...okder but not a troll..lol

Me and a friend are trying to see if playawayabroad is legitimate because we cant seem to get in contact with anyone who has actually been away with them to Kos (or anywhere else!). Obviously the reviews on the site can be made up which is why were checking :smile:

Thank you x
Ok. BB...want to cum to US???? I may sponsor you. Talk to me. OSusan[QaokUOTE]Hey,

Thank you x
My friend booked tenerife with playaway Cost her £506 which only included her accommodation for 4 weeks and transfer she then had to pay for for a flight and insurance on top of that And €100 deposit on arrival and €50 for the rep on arrival when actually it's costs no more than £100 for a one way ticket and €350 per month on average for an apartment and €20 for transfer anyway turned out there wasn't enough people in the group and they cancelled a week before they were due to fly out however they did refund everyone so I'd say to arrange accommodation etc yourself if you feel brave enough would save yourself a fortune compared to what these working holiday companies charge. Good look hope I helped plus they never respomd to emails or answer the phone x
Robbing c***s i went tenerife and they said they couldnt get me a job ! Seriously dont use them unless you have money to waste on a **** holiday
Three years ago I posted they were pointless, still stand by that. Cheaper rent can be found going solo, and they can't guarantee a job, just like you can't pay a company in this country to get you a job in a bar.
So if u don't book through Playaway and ur flying alone how do u find a cheap apartment for one month?!! X
So if I want to fly there solo how do I find a cheap apartment on my own?! The reason it's cheaper through them is because they put u with like 5 other people in one apartment I can't find anything as cheap online :/ pls help I want to go in one month time and dunno whether to book trough Playaway x

Quick Reply

Latest