The Student Room Group

What did you aspire to be when you were young?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 340
As a kid i had an odd fascination with being a binman, loved seeing the bin truck pull up outside my house
Reply 341
I really wanted to be an actress, more specifically a soap actress on Eastenders!
I wanted to be an Astronaut until I was about 10 and found out that going into space would lower your bone density.

I then wanted to be a R.S.P.C.A inspector, but then gave up that idea when I found out I had to learn to drive

I did consider trying to be a writer, but all my mates at school could write better stories than me, so put that idea on the back burner.

Tried the actress route, didn't work out.

So am now set on being a Genetic Researcher!! XD

How funny to see it all written out!!!
- A zoo keeper looking after the 'dinosaurs'. (I was a very strange child.)
- A famous writer
- A singer
- A primary teacher (my parents encouraged me towards the more sensible option!)
- Doctor
- A vet. (Seriously put off when my Dad told me that I'd have to stick my hand up funny places.)
- A heart surgeon. (Hate the sight of blood.)

I love how kids have such great imaginations. We just don't seem to care of we have absolutely no hope of doing those jobs!
I've stuck with the Primary School Teacher path though, heading to do my degree in September- super excited. However, creative writing and poetry will always be in my heart. :biggrin: In an ideal world...
I went through a phase of wanting to be a vet, until I found out I was crap at science :emo:
Also had a phase where I wanted to be a 'professional egg-crusher in the omelette-factory'... crushing eggs with my feet :lolwut: Yeah, I actually thought that was a job... I was so weird.
Also wanted to be a writer, and to be honest that's still my dream job today :colondollar:
Ahh some of these are so funny!!

I started off pretty normal and switched between a teacher/air hostess/waitress (I liked the black and white uniform thing!)

Then I went through a serious phase for years and years where I dreamed of being a wedding planner :biggrin:

Then through the influence of TV most likely I decided on a forensic scientist (thanks CSI), then a member of the CIA or FBI (but adamantly not the MI5/6, as American shows seemed far cooler)...then for some reason I decided it would be pretty awesome to flip it around and be a really really awesome assassin, or if I didn't have enough talent for that, a Mafia wife!

Fortunately I saw the errors in that kind of career planning!! :colone:
Reply 346
In Eastenders
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by Sui-Kinxtar_kitty
Grave digger

Quite some career choice, for someone so young...
Reply 348
A FBI agent ... but apparently you have to be american to get that job *sigh*
A hairdresser.
Then an ambassador, because at that young age I had this idea that all ambassadors lived in the pink houses in Regents Park. I'm actually coming back to this idea of being an ambassador now though, but for different reasons :P
Then, when I was about seven, I decided I wanted to be an author. Still working on that XD

Bizarrely, in the school that I attended for years 5 and 6 nearly all of the girls wanted to be marine biologists. I didn't even know what those were back then.
Original post by Kruz
Quite some career choice, for someone so young...

Well I liked the cemetery and digging... So I guess it just added up :biggrin:
Original post by DesignFreak
An Artist.

me too :smile:
a kind of a caped superhero, with my own horse.
I wanted to be a palaeontologist after watching the "Walking With" series. I was a geeky little kid:h:
I wanted to be Freddie Mercury, to be honest.

And in a way, I still do! :tongue:
I wanted to be a vet, and later a teacher.

Interesting fact: when Wayne Rooney was young, he wanted to be a doctor.
Not going to lie, I'm not sure I can quite imagine him as a doctor and I'm not sure I'd want him as my doctor.
Right from when I was little I wanted to be a published fiction writer. Achieved that goal not too long ago and then realised I don't want to turn it into a profession after all. :rolleyes:
(edited 11 years ago)
Meteorologist or Astronaut

...guess I still wouldn't mind becoming either. Still young, still aspiring.
At first, I wanted to be a vet, but then I wanted to be a writer.
nananananananananan batman, still do tbh or id be his sidekick :smile:

like my page guys http://www.facebook.com/pages/Steve-Smith-Author/250039855067584

Quick Reply