The Student Room Group

What did you aspire to be when you were young?

Scroll to see replies

Author & Journalist

Now, neither.
When I was six, a vet, simply because I got an amazing Animal Hospital toy for Christmas that year :biggrin:

Now, I have no idea :moon:
Original post by LifeIsGood
Author & Journalist

Now, neither.

Aw why? :frown:
When I was little I would tell people I wanted to be a genius when I grew up... shame it didn't work out that way!

A bit later I wanted to be an author (still do, really) and a bit later still I wanted to be a graphic designer like my Dad.

Fickle as I am, I'm now studying to be a doctor... :s-smilie:
My mum's kept all my old school reports, and in primary school they used to make us all write a page about how we think we're doing at school (favourite subjects, things we could work on etc) and in my Year One report, I'd written that when I grew up I wanted to either be an author or a contestant on The Crystal Maze!
Original post by ArcadiaHouse
Aw why? :frown:

I always enjoyed writing since I was really young but funnily never wanted to take English at A Levels, I turned more into the Science route around GCSE time. But then again, A Levels doesn't open oppoturnities, so if I was able to write my own blog/articles/book - that's something I'd love to do as a hobby. Might look into it after exams :smile:
An ant.
Reply 27
At 5, when all my friends wanted to be princesses, I wanted to be a structural engineer..
I really looked up to my dad :tongue:
Reply 28
Since I was about 4 I wanted to be an airline pilot.
Today, eventually, I'd still like to be an airline pilot, but in later life when training is more affordable (at 50 perhaps).
Until then, software engineer.
Original post by HellOnHighHeels
Dinosaur.....:biggrin:

That is just so true.
Then it was a paleontologists right :biggrin:
I wanted to be Ash Ketchum
Reply 31
Brick layer. The sound when you mix cement is so cool !
Reply 32
A jedi :colone:

And then I grew up and my dreams were shattered :cry2:
Superman. :biggrin:
A millionaire
Cosmetic scientist
Forensic scientist
Business person
Make up artist
Product designer
Fashion designer
When I was very young, a teacher (I wasn't very creative).

When I was about 11 I wanted to be a barrister who also wrote best selling children's books.

Then there was a year long phase where I wanted to be a paediatrician.

Then back to teacher.
Let's see...

Astronaut
Vet
One of the Digidestined (God I loved Digimon)
Teacher
Artist
Author
Actress
Witch (I was going to be a Slytherin)
Female Pilot
Pharmacist
Astronomer
Pharmacist
Dentist
Pharmacist
Professional Juggler (Blame Inkheart)
Pharmacist
Microbiologist
Pharmacist.

10 points to Gryffindor for anyone who guesses what I want to be. :wink:
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 37
I used to want to be a carpenter/toy make. I was like, 6 I think? After that I wanted to be an astronaut, then ever since I was 12 up until I was 16, I wanted to be a computer games designer, now I want to be an actor. How I managed to change my mind that much is beyond me, I guess i'm a fickle person.
Police officer :erm:

(Balamory :colondollar:)
Reply 39
Said I wanted to be an archiologist from about 3. (Though I actually meant paleontologist).

Then when I was about 9 it became a marine biologist/ deep sea diver.

I was always obsessed with dinosaurs and ancient cultures and myths and legends, that sort of thing.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending