The Student Room Group

What did you aspire to be when you were young?

Scroll to see replies

A writer, a singer or a primary school teacher :p:
Just remembered, I went through a phase of wanting to be Rolf Harris because I loved Animal Hospital so much.
Not too sure why I wanted to be Rolf and not just a vet..

Anyway, I also took that one quite seriously, and would quite earnestly say "The poor little blighter" if I saw an ill / injured animal.
An air hostess or a hairdresser. I think my parents were quite upset by it.
Reply 63
I wouldn't be suprised if Connexions told someone that it is possible to be a police dog/ police horse/ fire engine, to be honest.
Prime Minister.

I was a worryingly ambitious 6 year old...

(Changed to Scuba Diver when I was 10 so I guess I lost motiviation?)
Reply 65
When I was really young (4 onwards) I wanted to become a police officer, so that I'd be able to own a gun. As I got older (7 onwards), I wanted to be a gynaecologist (the less said about that, the better).
A Dalmation
A Mermaid
A swimming instructor
A Vet
A Pokemon game designer
A Marine Biologist
A professional ice skater
An aromatherapist
An Author
A Journalist
A Pharmacist
A Doctor
A Poet

Specifically, I also wanted to work with Rolf Harris on Animal Hospital, and also Steve Irwin on Crocodile Hunter :yep: And yet I do not really know what I want to do with my life. Looks like I'm the road to being a Biologist at the moment though!
I wanted to be a dustbin-man, and in my spare time I would play the triangle.
Happy.
Reply 69
I always thought working on tills would be lots of fun. The scanning and beeping, the buttons on the till, counting out money ... :biggrin:
Reply 70
a ballerina
a lawyer
a dog trainer
a horse trainer
a foreign ambassador
a doctor
a nurse

now I want to go into biomedical research :smile:
Reply 71
I either wanted to be a vet or a history teacher :smile:
I wanted to be an archaeologist. Am now at uni doing an archaeology degree :h:

I think at one point I wanted to be an author, archaeologist and architect all at the same time. Not sure how I planned on balancing that one out.
Reply 73
Being an astronaut dominated most of my childhood aspirations, although time traveller and writer have also been pretty big chunks of my aspirations. Now I want to be a solicitor and perhaps write in my time off as a hobby.
Reply 74
Original post by philistine
Happy.

How's that working out for you?
I wanted to be a grown up.

Now I'd like to be a toddler.
I wanted to be a fireman for ages - won't catch me being one now, I'm too scared of a lot of things lol
Reply 77
Part of a crack mystery-solving team with my best friend, travelling the world in a horse-drawn caravan.
(I read a lot of Enid Blyton)
Original post by Besakt
How's that working out for you?

Careful sonny. This belt doesn't just keep my pants up.
Original post by lizolove

:tongue:

since i was really really little (like 4years old) ive always wanted to be a vet (- after watching the well loved animal hospital every day =D)

....still do now (at 20) =] will get there one day in the next centery haha! =D

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending