The Student Room Group
University College London, University of London
University College London
London

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
In short: London is very expensive!

travel is very expensive, and you will need to travel, as to find a place reasonable priced to live, you will be somewhere remote. I would only live in london if you are going (and happy) to live with your parents and they will finacially support you with your spending. I go to school in london and everything robs me, especially london underground - uni students get 30% off but that is for weekly or more passes - check out how expensive they are and tell me somewhere you would spend that much on transport (btw uni students get the discount, 11 yr olds will get it free soon, but 18 yr old a-level students pay full adult price :frown: )
University College London, University of London
University College London
London
swim730885
30 min is very far by tube to get to Uni

Come one - 30 minutes travel is nothing.
Reply 42
Eidothea
Which other unis have you applied to? Any of them outside of London?

Birmingham and Sheffield. Applied to LSE too but was rejected.
Reply 43
President_Ben
I was born, bred and still live in London. I've seen a fairly large amount of it.

Greenford is a suburban field of housing that is best known for a large roundabout that is heavily observed for monitoring traffic on the A40 and being the only underground station on the network where you have to go up in order to get onto the train platform. Mmmmhmm. Fantastic place.

Ahem, I also happen to live near there.
Reply 44
evilheat
Birmingham and Sheffield. Applied to LSE too but was rejected.

Am I right in assuming that you're bitter about London because you were rejected by LSE?
Well, Birmingham and Sheffield are pretty cool unis - less pollution, cheaper food and accomodation. Good luck there!
Reply 45
Eidothea
Am I right in assuming that you're bitter about London because you were rejected by LSE?
Well, Birmingham and Sheffield are pretty cool unis - less pollution, cheaper food and accomodation. Good luck there!

Bitter. Good one. Feels like you know me already.

I'm still waiting on UCL, who knows, might get an offer and decide to go there.
Reply 46
evilheat

I'm still waiting on UCL, who knows, might get an offer and decide to go there.

Good luck. I've come to like Swedish men. :yy:

(jb_sweden, did you find this amusing?)
Reply 47
Very!
Reply 48
jb_sweden
Very!

:rofl:
Reply 49
Well.. I was thinking about going to London.. because it sounded more "alive" than York... but I just realised that I probabily won't be able to afford any of the clubs in London! Does anyone have the price for a non sharing on-suite room in a relatively safe area?
Reply 50
Ludivine
Good luck. I've come to like Swedish men. :yy:

(jb_sweden, did you find this amusing?)

Thanks. Btw, I don't get it.
Reply 51
hey I'm from lithuania so i dont really know much about london could somebody tell me how much costs to rent room near this uni(UCL) ??
Neringa
hey I'm from lithuania so i dont really know much about london could somebody tell me how much costs to rent room near this uni(UCL) ??

Privately? Depending on what you mean by 'close' - you're looking at around £100 to £130 a week.
Reply 53
Zophixan
Well.. I was thinking about going to London.. because it sounded more "alive" than York... but I just realised that I probabily won't be able to afford any of the clubs in London! Does anyone have the price for a non sharing on-suite room in a relatively safe area?

It really depends on what area you're talking about. Obviously, the prices goes down as you move further away from central London. Most of the suburbs are safe btw, but it'd mean aound 30- 60 min time journey to UCL.
Why aren't you considering student accomodation? You get loans & maintenence grants to help you pay them off and they're closer to uni.
Reply 54
By non sharing I mean single room student accomadation, sorry that I wasn't clear!
non sharing en suite is quite a bit my friend pays £109 a week for his room at LSE in comparison another one of my friend's at Imperial pays £64 for a sharing room which isn't en suite

Latest

Trending

Trending