The Student Room Group

Primary Education 2013 - Scottish

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Original post by Sammytom98
Aww don't worry there's still plenty time and its still early. Didn't expect to hear back this soon. I sent mine away at the end of October.
Yes there is. They gave me a choice of 4 videos and I have to do a presentation on one. Just wondering what kind of questions they are going to throw at me though. :smile:

I sure hope so!
Have they given you much notice before your interview? Oh that sounds ok, are they interesting? Probably be on what your views are on the topic? And why you chose it? Questions like that I'm guessing, but I really have no idea! :biggrin:
Reply 61
Original post by FinnLassie
Don't be afraid you haven't heard anything yet! A lot of people got their interview invitations around January and February, I got mine just like a week before the interviews (which were in March, but then again I had a skype interview).

aah, okay! thank you for putting my mind at ease! :smile:
Reply 62
Original post by itsmaaarc
aah, okay! thank you for putting my mind at ease! :smile:

Just remember that the UCAS deadline isn't even over yet so they don't even have to look at any applications before that. I believe that at least Strathclyde doesn't give offers until February-March time. At this point... No news, good news. :smile:
Reply 63
Hi I have applied for primary education this year with ACCCC from fifth year and I'm currently doing Advanced Higher Chemistry, Higher Photography, Open Uni Understanding Autism course and a Childcare course. I have a C in English and was noble to re-sit this year due to the fact I was only 1 mark off a B and so many 5th years wanted to do it. I have 70+ hours of experience in classrooms with primary children and was wondering I have applied for UWS and was told they look at the whole picture before making a decision is that true and also do I stand a chance got told I had an advantage as Iam male haha.
Reply 64
Interview letter for Aberdeen today! 14th of February at 12:30, anyone else? :biggrin:
Reply 65
Interview letter for Aberdeen today! 14th of February at 12:30, anyone else? :biggrin:

Yes!:smile: Got my aberdeen interview letter today for 14th as well!:smile:
Reply 66
Original post by em10
Yes!:smile: Got my aberdeen interview letter today for 14th as well!:smile:

Well done guys. It'll be fine, Already had mine. The people there are so friendly!

I've got Dundee group interview In a couple of weeks, Anyone else? :smile:

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 67
Original post by NairnMcD
Hi I have applied for primary education this year with ACCCC from fifth year and I'm currently doing Advanced Higher Chemistry, Higher Photography, Open Uni Understanding Autism course and a Childcare course. I have a C in English and was noble to re-sit this year due to the fact I was only 1 mark off a B and so many 5th years wanted to do it. I have 70+ hours of experience in classrooms with primary children and was wondering I have applied for UWS and was told they look at the whole picture before making a decision is that true and also do I stand a chance got told I had an advantage as Iam male haha.

I had very similar grades to you ABCCC from 5th year (A in Chemistry). I got an offer from everywhere I applied to. I got an unconditional from Aberdeen, where I decided to study. I was told also because I was male I had more of an advantage? Don't know how much of that is true. UWS are very flexible because you don't need a B in English, they accept a C. You will have a strong chance of an offer and you have far more experience than had. Its not all about the grades, they take a mixture of people.
So worried, everyone seems to be getting offers and interviews and I've not heard anything yet! Thought my grades were pretty decent too until.I came on here n seen the amazing results. I got AABC in 5th year with the B in English. I'm really worried now though :frown:
Reply 69
Original post by Brodieh88
So worried, everyone seems to be getting offers and interviews and I've not heard anything yet! Thought my grades were pretty decent too until.I came on here n seen the amazing results. I got AABC in 5th year with the B in English. I'm really worried now though :frown:

I wouldn't worry if I had your grades. I know someone on my course that got an offer and they had one Higher from 5th year at B. You have very good grades, better than most people have. I am sure you will hear soon - I didn't start getting letters for interviews until the end of January.
Original post by teach4fun
I wouldn't worry if I had your grades. I know someone on my course that got an offer and they had one Higher from 5th year at B. You have very good grades, better than most people have. I am sure you will hear soon - I didn't start getting letters for interviews until the end of January.

Aw thanks so much, thats such a relief to me :smile: okay thanks so much, hopefully get something within the next few weeks. The wait is awful!
I've applied for Glasgow, Edinburgh, Dundee, Aberdeen and i have had welcome letters/emails from all of them except dundee!

I've had no invitations to interviews either, im quite worried :frown:

I got ABCCC Last year with the A in english, and i am predicted AAAA this year, any advice or help to calm my nerves?
Reply 72
Original post by Sammytom98
Well done guys. It'll be fine, Already had mine. The people there are so friendly!

I've got Dundee group interview In a couple of weeks, Anyone else? :smile:

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

Aw thnx yh am looking forward to it!:smile:
Reply 73

I got mine for the 15th! anyone else!?
Reply 74
I applied to west of Scotland, strathclyde, Edinburgh, Dundee and stirling. I've had acknowledgment emails but no interview news or anything stressing out!! especially since my English is a C but I'm doing the HNC early education and childcare course at college just now I'm hoping that helps me! I sent my application a couple days before the deadline date
Reply 75
I'm in a similar position ! I have applied to Glasgow ,Glasgow (Dumfries), Aberdeen , Edinburgh and UWS ! I haven't heard anything yet ! I take a group of children for six hours a week and volunteer in the children's liturgy in my local parish ! I also help with a young glee club every Saturday ! Only down point is I was one mark off of a c last year for english and I have been getting tutored this year, I'm so nervous that I won't get interviews :/
Is Anyone doing the Top Up programme by Glasgow University?
Reply 77
Original post by xhannahdoherty
Is Anyone doing the Top Up programme by Glasgow University?

Yeah i did it last year.
Also i got an interview for Glasgow University in Dumfries for the 22nd February!
Anyone else?
Original post by kierangem
Yeah i did it last year.
Also i got an interview for Glasgow University in Dumfries for the 22nd February!
Anyone else?

Their interviews are great, did it last year but then decided I didn't want to do uni this year after all so i'm re-applying to a couple of different things this year, but yeah, dumfries interviews are brilliant and the course is fantastic too, would of taken it but too far away from where i need to be - good luck for the interview though, I loved it - won't tell you more than that as that would probably be a bit unfair :tongue:
Reply 79
Original post by chameleon94
Their interviews are great, did it last year but then decided I didn't want to do uni this year after all so i'm re-applying to a couple of different things this year, but yeah, dumfries interviews are brilliant and the course is fantastic too, would of taken it but too far away from where i need to be - good luck for the interview though, I loved it - won't tell you more than that as that would probably be a bit unfair :tongue:

Bit worried about how im gonna get there to be honest.
Also extremely worried about the group task because i'm deaf i find it really hard to hear people that i have just met and you cant really expect a deaf person to be able to communicate effectively with a whole group within the first day of meeting them and there this is really daunting, :frown:
The group task is putting me off going really :frown::frown::frown:

Quick Reply

Latest