The Student Room Group

Primary Education 2013 - Scottish

Hey :smile:

Thought I should make a thread for us Scottish applicants, the process and courses seems so much different from English ones.

Where are you guys looking to apply and what are you doing this year :smile:

This was posted from The Student Room's iP

Scroll to see replies

Hi there!

Good idea! I'm applying for 2013 :smile: I'm going to apply for Glasgow and UWS. What about yourself? :smile:
Reply 2
Edinburgh, Glasgow, Strathclyde, Dundee, Aberdeen :biggrin: Really want to go to Edinburgh D':

Reply 3

I'm applying to the PGDE course at Edinburgh University this year. I applied to it last year and got to the interview stage, but that was as far as it went. Let's hope I have better luck this year!
Original post by iLanny

I'm applying to the PGDE course at Edinburgh University this year. I applied to it last year and got to the interview stage, but that was as far as it went. Let's hope I have better luck this year!

Fingers crossed! Did you get any feedback from your interview?
Original post by aroy45
Edinburgh, Glasgow, Strathclyde, Dundee, Aberdeen :biggrin: Really want to go to Edinburgh D':

Aren't you only allowed to apply for 2 primary education courses? Or is my friend incorrect? :P
Reply 6
Original post by Mr Rock N Roll
Aren't you only allowed to apply for 2 primary education courses? Or is my friend incorrect? :P

She is incorrect :P

Reply 7
Went to Edinburgh open day and got told by the lecturer the B.Ed is defunct and not to apply...

Have yous came across this B.Ed vs MA/BA yet?

Reply 8
Fingers crossed! Did you get any feedback from your interview?

Yep sure did. I think it was basically down to the fact that I didn't communicate my views very well, which is something I can work on :smile:

Good luck with your applications! Did you apply last year?
Reply 9
Original post by aroy45
She is incorrect :P

I thought that you could only apply to two Primary course as well... at least for the PGDE programme. :confused:
Reply 10
Original post by iLanny
I thought that you could only apply to two Primary course as well... at least for the PGDE programme. :confused:

I applied to 5 undergraduate ones last year and got 4 offers :P I can assure you it is 5 for undergrad. No idea about postgrad
Reply 11
Original post by aroy45
I applied to 5 undergraduate ones last year and got 4 offers :P I can assure you it is 5 for undergrad. No idea about postgrad

Oh I see! Yeah I was thinking about the postgrad ones.

Congrats on the offers :smile: Do you have interviews for them or are they based on other conditions?
Reply 12
Original post by iLanny
Oh I see! Yeah I was thinking about the postgrad ones.

Congrats on the offers :smile: Do you have interviews for them or are they based on other conditions?

I applied a year early and got 4 offers after interviews - but then I read a bit more into it and realised the new course would be coming out so I went back to school for a 6th year :smile: Plus I would have been 17 for all of first year - not the best :P
Original post by iLanny

I was talking about the PGDE too, I knew you had 5 choices for undergrad. Are you applying for PGDE? :smile:
Hey
I'm applying to Edinburgh, Aberdeen, Glasgow, Strathclyde and Stirling :biggrin:

I'm really hoping for Edinburgh also :biggrin:
Reply 15
I was talking about the PGDE too, I knew you had 5 choices for undergrad. Are you applying for PGDE? :smile:

Yeah I'm applying for the PGDE at Edinburgh, and possibly Glasgow as well. Looks like applications are open soon so I better start thinking about my personal statement! :eek:
Reply 16
Hi guys I've just started my first year in Strathclyde in B.Ed so you can ask me some questions if you'd like. Although the whole course system is about to change next year so I probably won't be that much of a help! :O
How is everyone getting on with their applications?
Yeah i'm looking to apply for 2013 entry too, just beginning my personal statement now, panicking a bit. I'm looking of applying to Stirling, Glasgow, Dundee, Aberdeen and either Edinburgh or Strathclyde (not too keen on those two). Really want to go to Stirling to do Early Years though! Thing is i didn't do as well as expected in my highers last year (ACCCC) so im resitting this year, how d'you think my chances are? good luck everyone!
Reply 19
Original post by hollyhepburn
Yeah i'm looking to apply for 2013 entry too, just beginning my personal statement now, panicking a bit. I'm looking of applying to Stirling, Glasgow, Dundee, Aberdeen and either Edinburgh or Strathclyde (not too keen on those two). Really want to go to Stirling to do Early Years though! Thing is i didn't do as well as expected in my highers last year (ACCCC) so im resitting this year, how d'you think my chances are? good luck everyone!

Hi, may I ask why you're not that keen on Strathclyde? I'm currently here and I can say the lecturers are top notch, campus is great yadda yadda yadda. Loving it. :smile:

You should directly ask the universities' admission office how they view resat grades.

Quick Reply

Latest