Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

McGill Offers

Announcements Posted on
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Hey,

Anyone doing A-levels heard anything yet?
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Alexlol28)
    Hey,

Anyone doing A-levels heard anything yet?
    Sent it quite a while back and its been on ready for review for quite sometime now. What were your grades and which faculty did you apply to?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I applied for Material engineering and computer engineering, i am predicted ABB, in Physics, Chemistry and Maths with an A in French...

How about you?
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    Applied for Management and Arts, achieved A*A*C in Business Studies, Economics and Math with an A in English Language. Just bad luck with the math..never had a teacher for most of the year and had to make do the best i could lol. Anyway wish you luck, who knows might meet you there in Sept.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Possibly..
    Do you know when they usually send out offers?
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    From what I've heard they start giving out offers by the second week of Feb. Not sure how the system works though as some friends of mine have got offers as late as march end last year. Dont bother mailing minerva though as they never reply.
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    Offers for internationals started in January, it can be anytime between then and May I think it is.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Anyone? Any offers out yet?
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    Mine came through a few weeks ago, but it was just the renewed offer for 2012 (I deferred last year)... So they have started.
    • 7 followers

ReputationRep:
    Anyone? Any offers out yet?
    Yep, my unconditional offer came this morning.

But i'm just wondering, how would i know if i'm able to enter sophomore year based on my A level ?
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fellowjoe)

But i'm just wondering, how would i know if i'm able to enter sophomore year based on my A level ?
    I dont think you skip a whole year. What exactly are your subjects btw as they have some kind of list which tells you how many credits you get for each subject. However if you did IB then you do skip pretty much a year. Although as your from singapore and you did the singapore-cambridge A levels, they may have a different credit system for that.
    • 7 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Azland)
    I dont think you skip a whole year. What exactly are your subjects btw as they have some kind of list which tells you how many credits you get for each subject. However if you did IB then you do skip pretty much a year. Although as your from singapore and you did the singapore-cambridge A levels, they may have a different credit system for that.
    Seriously?

The main reason why i'm considering McGill too is its advanced standing as it would save me a year worth of tuition fees and living expenses. If i don't get to enter in the second year, i guess i'd probably go for UBC (assuming that i get their offer too).
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    Seriously?

The main reason why i'm considering McGill too is its advanced standing as it would save me a year worth of tuition fees and living expenses. If i don't get to enter in the second year, i guess i'd probably go for UBC (assuming that i get their offer too).
    Yeah, I'm guessing best case scenario is you skip half a year worth of credits if you have the right A Level subject combinations for your course. The management faculty If I remember takes into account Business Studies, Math and Accounts.

Also, which course did you get an offer for? If you get an offer for one is your second choice automatically removed or do you have a chance of getting offers from both and choosing between the two?
    • 7 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Azland)
    Yeah, I'm guessing best case scenario is you skip half a year worth of credits if you have the right A Level subject combinations for your course. The management faculty If I remember takes into account Business Studies, Math and Accounts.

Also, which course did you get an offer for? If you get an offer for one is your second choice automatically removed or do you have a chance of getting offers from both and choosing between the two?
    You stand a chance of getting both offers and choosing between them.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:

Wooo~! Moi aussi! Me too!
    Well, it's not unconditional but pending final results.. still an offer from McGill!
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Remy-Rae)
    Wooo~! Moi aussi! Me too!
    Well, it's not unconditional but pending final results.. still an offer from McGill!
    You did A-levels?
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    Do they check based on how early you applyed? I ask because I did my application only a few days before the jan 15 deadline.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    You did A-levels?
    Still doing them
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Remy-Rae)
    Still doing them
    I also applied, hope i will get an answer soon..
    What did you apply for?
    Do you mind me asking what your predicted grades are?

Merci.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    I also applied, hope i will get an answer soon..
    What did you apply for?
    Do you mind me asking what your predicted grades are?

Merci.
    No problem ^^
    I applied for Arts - undeclared but probably majoring in PolSci or Anthropology
    Uhm, I'm predicted A*AA in Biology,Spanish and Geography respectively.
    Hope that helps Are you studying in England too? Make sure you check Minerva, the email they send isn't like UCAS track.. it's pretty delayed.

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?

this is what you'll be called on TSR

2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?

never shared and never spammed

3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide the button to the right to create your account

Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: January 28, 2013
New on TSR

Student crowdfunds degree

Graduate raises £26,000 online for Masters course

Article updates
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.