The Student Room Group

Babestation's Indian Twins TV Interview Promo

Scroll to see replies

Reply 140
Original post by Picaa
I don't think your definition of 'culture' is the same as mine. It's obvious they don't know their own language (the sleazy presenter actually tries to 'teach' them a few words), and no doubt they have no idea about their own society and traditions either. Maybe they spell words in English even worse than you as well. Bear in mind any fool can watch a Bollywood movie. How can they know anything about their own culture and not know their own language?

You should be asking me about South Asian culture. It's not about who's on TV shaking their a*s. It's about having a brain. If you're impressed with those two then let's just say that says a lot.

Picaa where r u? What hv u got 2 say 2 my last reply 2 u?
Reply 141
Original post by Mashhk
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!! U called the presenter SLEAZY!!!!! LOL!!! I know sum guys who know him...im SO gonna tell them sum1 called him sleazy!!! LOL!!! They gonna get a kick outta that lol!!! :tongue:

What is your connection to them? Do you work for their channel? Are you the presenter who interviewed them?

I'm not 'impressed' by those 2 when it comes 2 knowing their culture...but I dont think 1 shud be so harsh on them. So u r SA...do u know Afrikaans or any SA languages??? Do u know the entire history of your country...and everything 2 do with it's culture???

Afrikaans is not a South Asian (Indo-European) language.
Yes I have a better knowledge than most about South Asia including languages, culture and history, having studied it at SOAS.

P.s. My English is vry good...I choose 2 write this way in a forum...cos this is just a bit of fun and not formal

There is a South Asian intellectual tradition going back millenia. It is really hardcore stuff. Muttering a couple of words from Hindi songs as those girls does not represent South Asian culture and it NEVER will. The next generation is growing up learning about their history and culture, and won't be doing Elvis impressions.
Reply 142
Original post by Picaa
What is your connection to them? Do you work for their channel? Are you the presenter who interviewed them?

Yes I have a better knowledge than most about South Asia including languages, culture and history, having studied it at SOAS.

There is a South Asian intellectual tradition going back millenia. It is really hardcore stuff. Muttering a couple of words from Hindi songs as those girls does not represent South Asian culture and it NEVER will. The next generation is growing up learning about their history and culture, and won't be doing Elvis impressions.

Na na nothin like that...I'm just a HUGE fan of Preeti and Priya...always hv been...after the 1st time I saw them on Babestation. But yea I do know sum guys who know the presenter/host of the interview...got a number of mutual friends with the guy. Infact thats how I initially came 2 know about the interview (I saw it on TV then again on YouTube). U can say I wanna promote Preeti and Priya...screw the presenter and the TV channel

Ohhh ****...my bad...so sorry. I thought u wrote South Africa not South Asia :tongue: Ok then do u know Hindi, Urdu, Bengali or Sinhala/Tamil??? Or any state languages like Gujarati or Punjabi??? SOAS is a top uni with alot of African and South Asian related courses...granted...but that does not mean u know alot about the languages, culture or history of the countries that make up South Asia. I hv a number of friends who went 2 SOAS...and they dont speak any South Asian languages...or know much about the culture of history of South Asia...other than what they were taught at uni

I agree with u...completely. But like I keep sayin the girls r not fully Indian...they r 1/2 Irish. And like I said b4 they relate more 2 their Irish side...cos they r closer 2 their father...and grew up in the UK (I think Surrey or Sussex...they mention it in the interview)...and had mostly Western influences...like English friends. Give them a chance...and pls dont judge them so harshly. Watch the 1st 1/2 of the interview...they do try 2 relate 2 their mother's culture (especially more now)...and talk about how they wanna improve their understand of her culture (like maybe learn Gujarati...her native tongue/language)...and visit India again soon (where they hv family/relatives)
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 143
Original post by Picaa

Here is the 1st part of Preeti and Priya's TV interview...where they only discuss their Indian culture (the 2nd 1/2 of the interview is all about their work):

www.youtube.com/watch?v=A4PLmUt9LV0
Reply 144
Original post by Picaa

Picaa u always take so long 2 reply 2 me lol :frown: I'm enjoyin our forum battle lol :wink:
(edited 12 years ago)
Why is this a thread?
Reply 146
Original post by GottaLovePhysics! :)
Why is this a thread?

Cos I want 2 promote the gorgeous Preeti and Priya...so pls dont hate...just appreciate :smile:
Reply 147
Original post by Picaa

Picaa no message 4 me anymore lol? :frown:
Reply 148
Kill this thread. Obviously mashhk has some connection to the channel or to either the presenter's or the twins' business and is just using TSR to raise the hit level for their brand. This thread contains nothing of any interest to students. If we want we can search for own pr0n but this 'discussion' contributes nothing of note.
Reply 149
Original post by Picaa
Kill this thread. Obviously mashhk has some connection to the channel or to either the presenter's or the twins' business and is just using TSR to raise the hit level for their brand. This thread contains nothing of any interest to students. If we want we can search for own pr0n but this 'discussion' contributes nothing of note.

Jees...how am I harming u? How is this thread harming u? Dont hv 2 be so mean. True...I wanna promote the twins...but I hv no connection 2 them...BELIEVE ME! I wish i did! I'm just a HUGE fan! And yea it does contribute 2 students...especially students of Sociology...cos here r 2 girls of a presumably conservative background (being 1/2 Indian) who r in an industry that most in society wud see as 'shameful'. The TV interview is their story...and their way of hitting back at ppl like u...who wanna judge others...and clearly hv serious anger issues. I'm dun communicatin with u Picaa. If u dont want anythin 2 do with this thread pls no longer post messages within it. Thnk u
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 150
Original post by Picaa

Said the guy who probably just resurrected the thread.
Reply 151
Original post by nonotrly
Said the guy who probably just resurrected the thread.

Lol! SO true! :tongue: Btw Picaa how is this thread any more inappropriate 4 students than i donno 1 about a ridiculously stupid reality TV show like Made in Chelsea (which has a ridiculous amounts of views and posts)???
Reply 152
Any1 who wud like 2 bantar about the twins or their in-depth TV interview pls feel free 2 :smile: Fun comments r vry welcome
Reply 153
Don't bump, attention whore.
Reply 154
Original post by nonotrly
Don't bump, attention whore.

Mate im not tryin 2 'bump'...i wanna start a proper discussion in this thread...unlike the crap u get in threads like the 1 about Made in Chelsea
Reply 155
Ok it wud be great if this thread got 10,000 views...but i'm no longer gonna 'bump' it up anymore. I'm dun
Original post by Mashhk
Yea it is mate...100 grand a year is quite a bit. So Mr Millionaire how much do u earn a year? I know a lot about the world...thnk u vry much...and no im not obsessed with female nudity...like most men i just enjoy it (if u dont i think u may be batting 4 the wrong team...maybe Bollywood hunks is more yr thing). Im sure it aint...so what do u do? R u the 1st Indian astronaut?

it really is nothing... yeh i am the 1st indian astronaut hahaha....
Original post by Mashhk
Got nothing 2 say in reply bruv?

you're a little full of yourself arnt you, no i have things to do unlike you....

Original post by Mashhk
Ok so thats goodbye 2 Indian_Prince...and good riddance...what have others gotta say about Preeti and Priya...and/or their in-depth TV interview...which once again can be found at/on YouTube by searching 4 'Venus Special with Preeti and Priya'? :smile:

nahhh.. spoke too soon mate.... what they do is disgusting, pretending they are cultured indian women when they are clearly not, i dont care that they are of indian origin but why lie about being a part of the culture just for a name so that a whole load of horny old paedo indian men subscribe up or phone them so they can get money, its all a show, and its wrongs for them to do what they are doing.
Reply 157
Original post by Indian_Prince
it really is nothing... yeh i am the 1st indian astronaut hahaha....

you're a little full of yourself arnt you, no i have things to do unlike you....

nahhh.. spoke too soon mate.... what they do is disgusting, pretending they are cultured indian women when they are clearly not, i dont care that they are of indian origin but why lie about being a part of the culture just for a name so that a whole load of horny old paedo indian men subscribe up or phone them so they can get money, its all a show, and its wrongs for them to do what they are doing.

Indian_Prince! Back from the dead lol! :tongue: Thought u were gone 4 good lol...welcome back :tongue:

Dude b4 we continue our awesum debate lol...is Picaa yr gf or bf lol?

Hahaha u wish! :tongue: 1st Indian astronaut my arse...more like the millionth Indian UK uni student! :tongue:

Lol! Thats true...im a masters student bored outta my mind with revision and planning my long-arse dissertation :frown:

Ok now we debate properly...no more mr nice guy. How is it disgusting? As far as im aware (the same goes 4 the rest of the world) ALL Preeti and Priya do is get naked on TV and hv fone sex with guys (which cant be heard unless u r the guy they're hvin fone sex with). How is showing the female form in its natural beauty disgusting? Unless u know otherwise...as far as most of us know those girls dont hv sex on TV or perform any 'sexual acts'. And when do they pretend that they r cultured Indian women? WATCH THE FULL TV INTERVIEW MAN (or AT LEAST THE 1ST 1/2...www.youtube.com/watch?v=A4PLmUt9LV0)!!! I believe its the presenter/host of the interview who tries to make the girls relate to their Indian culture. The girls always admit they r ONLY 1/2 Indian...and relate MORE to their Irish side. Dude they say they r Indian cos at the end of the day they r 1/2 Indian...so y not use that to their advantage. Thats just good business. Y be the 100th Irish Babestation babe when u can be the 1st Indian Babestation babe??? Yea offcos its all a 'show'. They r actors...and r just acting on screen. What is the difference in what they do and what actors/actresses do who pretend they r Indian and hv 'fake' sex in movies or in TV programmes??? End of the day who r they hurting? As far as I see it (and most will agree with me) they entertain those who watch Babestation...and those ppl r not forced to do so (they choose to watch Babestation). And ppl who watch Babestation r not paedos...seein as all the girls on Babestation r over 18 yrs old. Get yr facts straight yaar
Reply 158
4 u die-hard Preeti and Priya fans...here r 2 more TV interviews they did that r on YouTube:
[video="youtube;kv25rd4mkU0"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kv25rd4mkU0[/video]
[video="youtube;rtoZWbPg7fA"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rtoZWbPg7fA[/video]
(edited 11 years ago)
why is there a thread about this?

and why is it still alive??

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending