The Student Room Group

SOLVED (Radiotherapy talk here 2012)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Original post by GyStudent
HHmm, had an "unsuccessfull" message today from liverpool university, reason stating I did not include the clinical placement form with my application, and that I have no recent academic qualifications???
Does this sound right to you guys? Did you have to send off a seperate clinical placement form as part of the application process?

P.s. I have a Science degree already, graduated a few years ago.

I cant remember anywhere in the application process it stating "applicants need to have finished A levels within a certain time period" OR "Please send seperate details of your clinical placement"

Can anyone enlighten me?:s-smilie:

have you tried phoning them?

I had a simlar problem, my work experience is this friday so it wouldnt of been before the interview.
but surley the fact that im doing work experience wether before or after should count for something?
+ my gcse's were from a*s to c... but because my maths is a grade C i got unsuccesful!

so fustrating gcse's were a doddle to pass, why should it have such a big impact :confused:
Reply 61
It is strange, say for instance you had a C in gcse Maths, but a B in A level Maths, then your C would still go against you! its crazy. I had a C in english so know all about this little problem :angry:

The email they sent me literally says "The School of Health Sciences will not enter into further correpondence about this decision"

Basically saying, we're fobbing you off please dont argue!
Although I will give them a ring :smile:
Reply 62
Has anyone applied to Birmingham?
Just got in from Liverpool.

FML
Original post by Spoonforknife

FML

I got back a couple of hours ago, and got my burger king, woop :smile:
Reply 65

FML

How did it go? Did you have an interview type thing at the end?
Original post by jodiedoodles
I got back a couple of hours ago, and got my burger king, woop :smile:

Haha :smile: I couldn't find anything! Ended up 5 mins away from home and due to starvation settled for a mcdonalds! Was nice meeting you :smile:
How did it go? Did you have an interview type thing at the end?

Yooo, was alright thanks, just tiring in all honesty! Kinda, we just got put in groups and spoke to students, admissions tutors, lecturers!

I think they probs did assess you tho! Was more of a get to know you kind of thing.

Jodiedoodles also went!
Reply 68
Has anyone applied to Birmingham?

Mee!
You have an interview 28th march?
x
Reply 69
It is strange, say for instance you had a C in gcse Maths, but a B in A level Maths, then your C would still go against you! its crazy. I had a C in english so know all about this little problem :angry:

The email they sent me literally says "The School of Health Sciences will not enter into further correpondence about this decision"

Basically saying, we're fobbing you off please dont argue!
Although I will give them a ring :smile:

Sameee! So fustrating i was like everything other than my maths at gcse is above a C whyyyy!????
Ah well, better luck next time ay :/ x
Haha :smile: I couldn't find anything! Ended up 5 mins away from home and due to starvation settled for a mcdonalds! Was nice meeting you :smile:

aaah not good, i was so hungry, stopped when we got on the motorway :biggrin: sandwiches for lunch were disappointing... :frown:

nice meeting you too :smile: you decided anymore about choices now after visiting liverpool?
aaah not good, i was so hungry, stopped when we got on the motorway :biggrin: sandwiches for lunch were disappointing... :frown:

nice meeting you too :smile: you decided anymore about choices now after visiting liverpool?

I didn't even touch the sandwiches! I don't like mayo :tongue: so I was pretty screwed (I think my dad clearly enjoyed them tho... Loll)

:smile: Kinda! I really liked it, but also am really unsure! That youtube video made me cringe in all honesty lol! I originally had City+Herts for certain, but now I'm kinda torn with liverpool cos of it's status!

How about you? Or are you still unchanged on your decision?:smile:

My dad also told me I must make my own way to Cardiff if i get an interview after I slated his driving on the way home, fml -.- ^^
I didn't even touch the sandwiches! I don't like mayo :tongue: so I was pretty screwed (I think my dad clearly enjoyed them tho... Loll)

:smile: Kinda! I really liked it, but also am really unsure! That youtube video made me cringe in all honesty lol! I originally had City+Herts for certain, but now I'm kinda torn with liverpool cos of it's status!

My dad also told me I must make my own way to Cardiff if i get an interview after I slated his driving on the way home, fml -.- ^^

Hahaa, I also don't like mayo so stayed well clear of the sandwiches :P

I'm also kinda confused, I really like the sound of the course at Liverpool, sounds really interesting, but I think the jam packed schedule would stress me out, as at Scottish uni's its a 4 year course so is more spread out and not as intense...still get decent holidays and stuff :\
Reply 73
Original post by Hannah'x
Mee!
You have an interview 28th march?
x

Mine is on 16th april!!
Its worded a bit odd though, the word "interview" is used several times, but its also called a "recruitment day" :s-smilie:

Is birmingham your only choice left?
Reply 74

LMAO. Ye, its generally said that if you need a lift, dont dis the driver!! Although i do it to my GF all the time (mainly cos i want my car to stay in 1 piece!!)

Im interested in the youtube video they showed u, did it proper big up liverpool's status?? (it is regarded as a great university, even here in Wales!)
Reply 75

I'm also kinda confused, I really like the sound of the course at Liverpool, sounds really interesting, but I think the jam packed schedule would stress me out, as at Scottish uni's its a 4 year course so is more spread out and not as intense...still get decent holidays and stuff :\

I wouldn't let it scare you too much, they actually run a PGDip in Liverpool too in radiotherapy (for recent graduates) which is 2 years!! So you will have time to relax a bit... Really though, its all about good time management. My advice - treat it like a job, work 9-5 week days (every week day) and assignments on weekends. If you only had 3 lectures in a day, you will probably find most people (instead of going to the library) would go to the bar, this is where those few hours really add up! :smile:
Reply 76
Mine is on 16th april!!
Its worded a bit odd though, the word "interview" is used several times, but its also called a "recruitment day" :s-smilie:

Is birmingham your only choice left?

yeah unsuccesful elsewhere :/!!
yeah i know, my friends in her first year there and she said it's class!
and you look around for the day + then have sperate interviews :smile:
what about youu, you got any other offers xx

wooo another anti-mayo person!

I totally understand you, and the 4 years does sound really good in all honesty. the 9am starts after nights out are murder enough without them putting the 90% attendance thing on there lol :/
And the summer holiday for 3-4 weeks... i mean seriously!? I have a lads holiday every year in the summer for 2 weeks, this year Zante, next year Thailand probs, and I can't believe it. If the course is so PACKED, I would have thought they would have given us more holiday :frown:

I like the NHS discounts tho, makes up a little with it's 50% off at Papa Johns and 40% of at Dominos pizza :biggrin:

LMAO. Ye, its generally said that if you need a lift, dont dis the driver!! Although i do it to my GF all the time (mainly cos i want my car to stay in 1 piece!!)

Im interested in the youtube video they showed u, did it proper big up liverpool's status?? (it is regarded as a great university, even here in Wales!)

Here is the video, I kinda lol'd thru it... :redface:

Yeah i'll remember the driving thing now :biggrin:, gonna cost a bomb for the train ticket to Cardiff... bleugh!
wooo another anti-mayo person!

I totally understand you, and the 4 years does sound really good in all honesty. the 9am starts after nights out are murder enough without them putting the 90% attendance thing on there lol :/
And the summer holiday for 3-4 weeks... i mean seriously!? I have a lads holiday every year in the summer for 2 weeks, this year Zante, next year Thailand probs, and I can't believe it. If the course is so PACKED, I would have thought they would have given us more holiday :frown:

I like the NHS discounts tho, makes up a little with it's 50% off at Papa Johns and 40% of at Dominos pizza :biggrin:

Yeah the holiday thing isn't good :frown: I have a job where I'm living at the moment and my boss has said I can go back during holidays for some work to get some extra money for uni, so if theres only 3/4 weeks holiday I won't be able to do that :frown: but I will be in a job a year quicker so its got its advantages too :smile:

I'm hating all this waiting now, keep getting waaaay more emails than usual and it makes me excited thinking one could be ucas :frown:
Reply 79
Ah well done spoonforknife and jodiedoodles! So exciting! Wait until you have had your other interviews before making your decision.. good luck! x

Quick Reply

Latest