The Student Room Group

SOLVED (Radiotherapy talk here 2012)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by jodiedoodles
Yeah the holiday thing isn't good :frown: I have a job where I'm living at the moment and my boss has said I can go back during holidays for some work to get some extra money for uni, so if theres only 3/4 weeks holiday I won't be able to do that :frown: but I will be in a job a year quicker so its got its advantages too :smile:

I'm hating all this waiting now, keep getting waaaay more emails than usual and it makes me excited thinking one could be ucas :frown:

I'm sure you'll make the right decision, but it's sooo hard ):

Yeh loll, got an email in the car back yesterday from UCAS... About buying text books! Had my heart goin n all! Ha

Original post by nikita1
Ah well done spoonforknife and jodiedoodles! So exciting! Wait until you have had your other interviews before making your decision.. good luck! x

Thankyouu! My LSBU interview is on the 6th so i'll be seeing you there! :smile:
Original post by nikita1
Ah well done spoonforknife and jodiedoodles! So exciting! Wait until you have had your other interviews before making your decision.. good luck! x

thankyou! :smile: x
Reply 82
Original post by Hannah'x
yeah unsuccesful elsewhere :/!!
yeah i know, my friends in her first year there and she said it's class!
and you look around for the day + then have sperate interviews :smile:
what about youu, you got any other offers xx

No other offers atm, only heard from Birmingham + Liverpool, not heard from Bristol, Cardiff or Portsmounth. Literally checking emails 5 times a day!!! lol.

Good luck for this interview though!! Shame its not on same day as mine...
Reply 83
Original post by Spoonforknife
I'm sure you'll make the right decision, but it's sooo hard ):

Yeh loll, got an email in the car back yesterday from UCAS... About buying text books! Had my heart goin n all! Ha

Thankyouu! My LSBU interview is on the 6th so i'll be seeing you there! :smile:

No worries! Yep see you on the 6th. What time is your interview?? Still can't believe I got a conditional from herts.. this process is so nerve-wracking.
Reply 84
Original post by GyStudent
No other offers atm, only heard from Birmingham + Liverpool, not heard from Bristol, Cardiff or Portsmounth. Literally checking emails 5 times a day!!! lol.

Good luck for this interview though!! Shame its not on same day as mine...

Yeah you too, sure you'll smash it!
I just dont know how tp prepare for it loadddds if you get me
You had much work experience? Xx
Reply 85
Yeah you too, sure you'll smash it!
I just dont know how tp prepare for it loadddds if you get me
You had much work experience? Xx

Ye, thats what im trying to think about atm, im sure there are loads of general questions on here... Really need to try an nail it though! lol.

Had 2 days work experience in 2 hospitals, they were very different actually + got to see the role quite a bit!

Hope you enjoy your work experience today, remember - it may be your only opportunity to ask questions.

Good luck :smile:
Original post by nikita1
No worries! Yep see you on the 6th. What time is your interview?? Still can't believe I got a conditional from herts.. this process is so nerve-wracking.

My interview is at 9.15am! Congratulations on the offer from Herts!

Yeah it is a little, then I realise i'm worrying over nothing really as it's the grades I need in the end to even go lol
Reply 87
Original post by GyStudent
Ye, thats what im trying to think about atm, im sure there are loads of general questions on here... Really need to try an nail it though! lol.

Had 2 days work experience in 2 hospitals, they were very different actually + got to see the role quite a bit!

Hope you enjoy your work experience today, remember - it may be your only opportunity to ask questions.

Good luck :smile:

I feel like it might hinder my application that i have only one day experience :/!
Have you found any information anywhere about the interviews 'cause i cant find any anywhere x
I feel like it might hinder my application that i have only one day experience :/!
Have you found any information anywhere about the interviews 'cause i cant find any anywhere x

Where is your interview? :smile:

One day won't :P they understans how hard it is to get a placement!
Hey, I've applied for radiotherapy in Liverpool :biggrin: Also Birmingham, Ulster, Edinburgh and Glasgow.
Only one interview so far for Birmingham.
Can you give me an idea of your grades gcse & as levels..
I don't think mine are that bad, yet i've only had confirmation emails and the one interview email so far.
I've also had work experience and my whole personal statement was just on radiotherapy since i find it so interesting..
Just want to get an offer :frown:
Reply 90
Original post by Charlotte_1992_
Hey, I've applied for radiotherapy in Liverpool :biggrin: Also Birmingham, Ulster, Edinburgh and Glasgow.
I don't think mine are that bad, yet i've only had confirmation emails and the one interview email so far.
I've also had work experience and my whole personal statement was just on radiotherapy since i find it so interesting..

I know the feeling mate!
just so hard to get in to, i've only got an interview for birmingham too. :frown:
decided if i dont get the place this year im not going through clearing i'll wait a year and go into hospitals for a year, atleast then i'll have more experience :smile:!
I had gcses 4a*,2a,2b,3c and AS biology, pe, sociology, art. ccde - but with both of the c's i was two marks off a b so hoping i can make the marks up :smile: i know it's not the best grades, compared to what everyone else seems to have :]
what about youu? xx

Where is your interview? :smile:

One day won't :P they understans how hard it is to get a placement!

briminghammmm!
and i know it's horrible cant find any anywhere so annoying! :/ x

I've applied for Liverpool, Glasgow, Edinburgh and Sheffield, and I've only heard off Liverpool so far and it wasn't even an offer, was just a visit day, so don't worry :smile:

I got 2 A*, 7A's , 2 B's and 3 distinctions (IT) at GCSE, and at AS I have DDC (Biology, Maths, Chemistry) but I am doing some resits this year. :smile:

Its so awful waiting for offers when most other people in my sixth form already have all their offers :frown: x

You'll be fine :smile:

You will get an offer, just be yourself and be positive!

Such a lack of people applying to London :'( WAaa
Reply 93
Oooh it's been ages since I posted here! I followed a google link about something else and got all nostalgic...

Just wanted to wish all you radiotherapy applicants the best of luck this year and hope you get where you want to be! It really is worth it in the end - it was nearly four years ago I was spamming up these boards excited about starting my course and now I'm qualified and loving it :smile:
Original post by elizabeth_poole
I live in barrow in Furness btw, where do you live?x

I live in Workington :smile: Yeah I just got a letter through the post, not heard anything via email or UCAS etc. Let us know what its about x

Another one here living in Cumbria (BIF) but I'm doing diagnostic radiography not radiotherapy. Good luck with your interviews, hope you get an offer :smile:
Original post by dreaminchicken
Another one here living in Cumbria (BIF) but I'm doing diagnostic radiography not radiotherapy. Good luck with your interviews, hope you get an offer :smile:

Aaah all the good 'ole cumbrians :biggrin: thankyou, good luck with yours too! :smile: x
Reply 96
i have a conditional from sheffield for radiotherapy!!!! :biggrin:
Original post by kerry2012
i have a conditional from sheffield for radiotherapy!!!! :biggrin:

well done! :smile:

Just got an offer from Liverpool, for Radiotherapy!

45 Distinctions..... AAAAH

Thank god it isn't my first choice! An offer is an offer tho :smile:

You heard back yet?
Reply 99
Just got an offer from Liverpool, for Radiotherapy!

45 Distinctions..... AAAAH

Thank god it isn't my first choice! An offer is an offer tho :smile:

You heard back yet?

Well done!! Not sure what 45 distinctions means, what r u predicted to get?
Not heard from any of mine yet :confused:

where else have u applied?

Quick Reply

Latest