The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

As much cardio as possible, pref on an ergo.
Reply 161
Keith Lemon
As much cardio as possible, pref on an ergo.

I've already spoken to her about this - I wouldn't advise getting on an ergo unless she can get some actual advice as to the correct technique. But I do agree - lots of cardio to build a good platform to work off :smile:

Had a 5k test tonight.....18:02.1 :frown: my pb is 17:55.8 grrr (68kg, 5'7).
dobbs
I've already spoken to her about this - I wouldn't advise getting on an ergo unless she can get some actual advice as to the correct technique. But I do agree - lots of cardio to build a good platform to work off :smile:

Had a 5k test tonight.....18:02.1 :frown: my pb is 17:55.8 grrr (68kg, 5'7).

Yeah this is very true.

18:02 isn't that bad at all for your height and weight!
Reply 163
Keith Lemon
Yeah this is very true.

18:02 isn't that bad at all for your height and weight!

I know but it's still not a pb, which is all that matters at the moment, I'm going backwards even though I'm still training loads. Must do more! Ha!
Sub 18min at your height/weight makes me feel lame! I need to pull harder. I got a 5k test this week, will be interesting to see how it goes.
Reply 165
partoftheweekend
Sub 18min at your height/weight makes me feel lame! I need to pull harder. I got a 5k test this week, will be interesting to see how it goes.

Yeah but that was back in November during some very high intensity training to get the whole squad up to a decent level of fitness. Was basically:

Mon Erg 2x20mins; Weights circuit
Tues Water 16k
Weds Erg 30mins or 6x1500m; Weights circuit
Thurs Water 12k, Circuits
Fri OFF
Sat 8am Water 18k, 11am Water 12k
Sun 8am Water 18k, 11am Water 12k

So everyone was smashing their PBs back then. Then Christmas came, bad times!! Ha!
Reply 166
personally I go for a bit of Progressive House ie Pryda or some Ambient like Blu Mar Ten or Chicane because it's pretty chilled out which is what you need for a 5k-20k piece.

for 2k's, I go for drum and bass ie High contrast/ Pendulum/ Culture Shock
Hello, I row and scull at my local club, I'm doing it at Novice mens level although I'm still only 16 hah, I've got my first race next Sunday which could be interesting, rowing in a four with some of the other novices who are all 9+ years older than me hah
Had to do erg this morning since the water was crap.

1 hour session:
10 mins warming up
8 mins pull - 4 mins rating 26/4 mins rating 28
10 mins rating 18
8 mins pull - 4 mins rating 28/4 mins rating 30
10 mins rating 18
8 mins pull - 2 mins rating 26/2 mins 28/2 mins 30/2 mins 32
6 mins cool down.

Had to keep the total split under 2:10.00 (including the rating 18's and the warm up/cool down) otherwise you had to do another 8 min pull. I was at about 2:08.00 overall so was pretty safe.
Reply 169
Hi all, see another thread in the sport forum called "ROWING CHAT" where a lot of regular rowers check it out more often than this thread, if you want to chat about rowing or get advice etc :smile:

Latest