Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there! Sign in to have your say on this topicNew here? Join for free to post

WHY exactly did the Holocaust begin?

Announcements Posted on
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by uj26894)
    it was pure racism. hitler knew about the origin of humans on earth and the fact that Jews are genetically superior(since the team that was responsible for creating jews had most talented scientists and artists). So, Hitler was in a way jealous and wanted to eliminate them.

*i used the word 'creating jews' because we all have been created by humanity from another planet in our galaxy which is over 50000 years ahead of us(yes, they are the same people who visit us in so-called ufos). They initially created us to study about their own origins but later learned that they appeared in the same way. They love us and are worried yet optimistic with the way things are going on our planet.
    I don't wish to debate since I am convinced with my research and reasoning. Everyone has the right to believe in things they wish to unless its not harming the society in general. I am not forcing my belief on anyone but just giving an honest opinion.
    Been watching Ancient Aliens I see..
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by helloiamaloser)
    My point was sarcastic, as evident by the language used. This may be the internet but even a blind monkey could have picked up on that.

Well thank you, for tooting your own horn. You may be a historian, but you clearly are not one who is even familiar with the Holocaust, let alone the debates surrounding it. You have exposed nothing, save your own ignorance.

You have to ask me again despite the fact I have already posted several lengthy posts on the causes and reasons of the Holocaust? Rather than waste my time writing yet another post reiterating all that I have said before, I shall direct you to those posts (page 2-3.)

You will recall I never denied that others died, but merely said the Jews were a special case. You will also recall that, actually, I started agreeing with you somewhat, in that the extent of the planning of the Holocaust (by this I mean before WW2) can never be known. I even said that the first victims of the Holocaust were not Jews. However, your own wildly absurd statements about a lack of "planning" of the Holocaust has lead me to believe that you really know nothing about that which you pretend to do so. I merely stated, and which you have misunderstood, was that the Jews were the largest minority. Not that they were the only one.

but, there was no planning. all i am asking is a simple question -- if roughly 13 million died in the nazi labour camps then how did the other 7 million non jews die? -- as clearly there was no planned extermination of this 'gentile' 7 million.]

of course, i already know the answer -- the 7 million gentiles died of disease and starvation mostly towards the end of the war as the nazis became increasingly unable to service their POW labour camps.

its clear this was alos the fate of the camps jewish inhabiants.
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lulubel)
    but, there was no planning. all i am asking is a simple question -- if roughly 13 million died in the nazi labour camps then how did the other 7 million non jews die? -- as clearly there was no planned extermination of this 'gentile' 7 million.]

of course, i already know the answer -- the 7 million gentiles died of disease and starvation mostly towards the end of the war as the nazis became increasingly unable to service their POW labour camps.

its clear this was alos the fate of the camps jewish inhabiants.
    The non Jewish victims of the Holocaust (that is if you count them as victims of it, some scholars do some don't) died in various manners. Of the 1.8-2.5 million Poles that died at German hands or under German occupation, 150 000 died at Auschwitz (I'm not sure where they died in Auschwitz I, Auschwitz II-Birkenau or Auschwitz III). 20 000-25 000 Slovens were also killed, most probably at Rab concentration camp, although the Ustaša and SS Sonderkommandos probably participated too. 581 000 Yugoslavs, mostly Serbs, were killed by the Nazis, Ustaša and other Fascist allies. Most of them at Jasenovac concentration camp. There's also the 12 220 000 million Soviet civilians that died in the occupied USSR, but they aren't normally calculated as it's hard to tell how many were killed or starved. Then there's the 2-3 million Soviet POWs that are, who were mostly died in work camps. 220 000–1 500 000 Romani were killed in Concentration and Extermination camps, and out in the field by the SS Sonderkommando, Einsatzgruppen and Ustaša. 200 000 mentally ill people were also killed, as well as 5000-15 000 homosexuals, 80 000 -200 000 Freemasons and 2500-5000 Jehovah's Witnesses.

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: March 19, 2012
New on TSR

Halloween 2014

Spooky tales from this year's fright night

Article updates
Useful resources
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.