The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Awwwh, got home from being at my boyfriend's for the weekend to find that my mum had treated me to a new sports bra

Will wear it when I go for a run tomorrow morning :smile:
[QUOTE='Flo[ProActiv];37161091']Awwwh, got home from being at my boyfriend's for the weekend to find that my mum had treated me to a new sports bra

Will wear it when I go for a run tomorrow morning :smile:

Looks really cute tempted to buy one myself. Nice of your mum to buy you that sports bra you must have been soo happy
Original post by Chrisateen
Looks really cute tempted to buy one myself. Nice of your mum to buy you that sports bra you must have been soo happy

Yeah, it was really lovely :smile: I'd seen it when I went in the other day, but am rather low on funds atm. I mentioned seeing it (not in a 'buy it for me' way though!), so when she was in yesterday she picked it up for me :biggrin:
Reply 2263
Pretty good day today:smile:

Breakfast: porridge with apple, cinnamon and raisins
Lunch: vegetable tortellini with salad, 4 squares dark chocolate
Snacks: 2 satsumas, biscuit
Dinner: Goats cheese and tomato puff pastry tart, salad.
Original post by Becca-Sarah
Yes, I freaking love it. Definitely a great motivating tool as well as useful for logging progress. I'm BeccaSarah on there :h:

Followed! It is addictive! I'm quite upset that I'll be going to bed as still a level 1 and the only reason I want to work out tomorrow is to get more points :colondollar: Plus, I think the challenges are great - I want to try and a few that I never normally would have!
Original post by lolo66
Are you a fellow follower of Mark's Daily Apple? :smile:

Yeah, well trying to be lol! I think parts of my diet are still quite far from ideal, atm have been tending to eat pretty healthy meals with next to no carbs but then having a wee bit of easter egg each day. I don't remember ever reading about easter eggs as part of the plan but realistically going to eat them at some point so spread out seems best, and I like having a wee bit of sweetness to look forward to :P Its so weird how there's so much on there that goes so directly against conventional dieting wisdom, but once you think about it makes a lot of sense!
Hey guys you probably don't remember me lol but I was posting on here back when the first thread was at about 300 pages. Have had a bit of a bad / good time since then - been backpacking around asia which was great and I'm now in Australia, I didn't manage to lose any weight at all though before or during that time and have come out of it more insecure than ever. So while you guys have all lost amazing amounts of weight and are doing really well (I did a quick skim read over a few pages) I've pretty much stayed the same if not put on weight :frown: (I am about 5ft 7 and weigh 74 kilos, think thats around 164-5lb) I really just hate myself right now. I know my problem is exercise as well, my eating is completely fine but I find it impossible to motivate myself to exercise properly and have had the exact same problem for a few years, so it's grown into a massive wall that I can't seem to overcome. :frown: Buh. It kills me as well that if I could have just motivated myself properly a few months ago I would be slim by now. Anyway rant over, I just wanted to say hi again :smile:
I did buy chocolate yesterday. A bucket load. I did have one last night, and one this morning. However, I got rid of them. :woo: The fact that chocolate was the first thing I though about when I woke up shows how much even just one slip up makes me want to carry on damaging my body.
Bit of a rubbish run this morning - I stopped in the middle to talk to someone, and just couldn't get back into it.

Also, getting incredibly frustrated at the pole dancing thread in this forum :angry: People implying that you're a stripper/whore is a great way to start the morning :rolleyes:
(edited 11 years ago)
I think Marmalady is right. On none exercise days aim to eat around 1400 calories. Then on days you exercise aim to eat around 1900 calories. Try this for a few weeks (it may take a week or two before the weight shifts again) and the weight should start moving again.

Thanks, fingers crossed!

__

Was on a night shift on an ambulance last night! Very exciting. Meant I had to kind of graze up until about 4 am though so I'm not entirely sure where I am calorie wise today :confused:

And later I have my filling...:afraid:
Just been shopping as I wanted a new jacket. Ended up getting 2, both in a size 10, both of which are awesome :biggrin:.
Mmm.

Spinach falafel, halloumi and chilli jam wrap with salad for lunch :biggrin:
Reply 2272
All I can say is to keep going. I'm sure if you stick to it you will look great when you start uni

Aaa thanks everyone ive lost another 3 pounds so lost 20 pound altogether now and I already feel loads better. Starting the c25k today and I am megga nervous don't think I am fit enough to do this!!!!
Reply 2273
Run was really hard today

5.57km in 31:23 which is 10.6km/h on average and I was dead by the end! That's the kind of pace I want to be running on long runs so really need to start working on my speed. I am absolutely fine running at 9.5km/h and feel like I can keep going for hours, but as soon as I try to speed up I get into difficulties.
Soo hill sprints and intervals here I come

----------

pole tonight for the first time since the start of march, been having pole withdrawal so really excited :biggrin:
Pic of one of my new coats :-). It's a size 10, and I think quite flattering!

Spoiler

Reply 2275
Just had an amazing dinner :biggrin:

I'd been starving all the way home, I held back from scoffing the nearest thing in sight with a cup of tea whilst I made a stirfry - chicken breast, beansprouts, peppers, cabbage, red onion, carrot & mange-tout with soy sauce.. so colourful and full of goodness :biggrin: Trip to a new gym later too!
Reply 2276
Nice light dinner of baked marrow stuffed with bolognese (with quorn mince). Not feeling stuffed so shouldn't interfere with hanging upside down :smile:
Making a roast dinner tonight :smile: Had 800 cals for dinner leftover so thought I'd treat myself. Still having quite a healthy roast- chicken, stuffing, roast potatoes with frylight and veg with homemade gravy. Coming to about 700 cals because I'm allowing myself a big portion :biggrin:
Original post by lolololol
Making a roast dinner tonight :smile: Had 800 cals for dinner leftover so thought I'd treat myself. Still having quite a healthy roast- chicken, stuffing, roast potatoes with frylight and veg with homemade gravy. Coming to about 700 cals because I'm allowing myself a big portion :biggrin:

Mmm, jealous, that sounds delish!

I had butternut squash and chickpea curry with rice for dinner - had quite a small portion, but it took me FOREVER to eat cause I accidently added too much chilli pickle to my serving :colondollar:

Been banned from going running tomorrow morning - my mum thinks I'm looking peaky and getting too stressed about everything, so I'm under strict instructions to have a relaxing day.
Had an awful day uni-wise. Got 59 and 53 on two essays I worked my bum off to do.

Food-wise hasn't been TOO bad.
Breakfast: two slices of small toast with some butter
Dinner: egg mayo seeded roll, green apple, diet coke
Tea: homemade steak pie (I LOVE my mum for saving me some to bring back to uni), loads of carrots, some mash, and some stuffing with gravy of course.

Snacks: malteaster bunny (purchased straight after I got my essay marks back. fail.)

I know this thread isn't about uni but I just really don't want to be here right now. I miss my boyfriend, and just want to cuddle up with my dog and feel sorry for myself. 5 weeks and counting, and I'm out of this god awful house for the summer.

Latest