The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 220
Just did circuit training, feel dead now (but in a good way). Really wish it would get warmer, cycling to lectures is almost a form of torture at the moment. Plus it does make stodgy food a lot more appealing...

I gained a few lbs over the last couple of weeks due to general stress-related eating, but I think Ive lost them again now. Feeling motivated too which is nice :biggrin:

Hope everyone has a great weekend x
I've changed what I'm having for dinner, which leaves me a few hundred extra calories to play with :smile:
Was going to have a slice of cake, but it's not cooled properly yet, so I'm having an apple instead.
Just done 30 minutes on my bike, which has made me feel ever so slightly better about the day.
I keep changing my mind about what I want for dinner...
Had an epicly bad last few days :c Decided to do a documented 30 Day Shred to get myself back on track! Pics will be up soon :biggrin:

Anyone else want to join me?
I've just gone really wild and chopped a kiwi up in my Activia! I'm such a badass it's untrue.
Oh, I forgot, I bought my first dumbbells today :biggrin: Found some 2kg ones from Sports Direct - £4.99 each! Not too bad I thought.

Going to try them out with my Davina DVD later :smile:
I think after this semester I'll work on my fitness. Its going to be hard having not done any sports in 4 years.
I'm helping a friend sell her homemade cupcakes and cakepops at a valentines fayre tomorrow, and my mums parting quote on the phone tonight was 'remember, a moment on the lips, a lifetime on the hips' so I said 'yes mum, because obviously I'm going to sat there shovelling cupcakes down my throat whilst serving customers' and we had a little laugh.

Then my friend sent her a photo of me with frosting smeared around my mouth and 'I turn my back for 10 seconds, god knows what I'm going to do tomorrow'!

Haha it was quite funny but it annoyed me a little bit that my mum still doesn't have much faith in me!
I could be at a BBQ tonight :s-smilie: Who decides to have a BBQ in February? When it's spent the last week snowing on and off?!?

Quite glad I'm at home. Although I'm already at my cal limit today, and a second glass of wine is calling to me :tongue: Might have a bit of a cheat evening, then get back on track tomorrow - going to be in the library all day, so I won't be able to spend the day picking in the cupboards like I have today. I'm thinking wine, mini cookies or cake, a hot water bottle and a crap film. Sometimes a girl just needs a break :smile:
Reply 230
Had a normal breakfast today! Then had nandos chicken for lunch and just ate 2 slices of pizza and chips! Feel so full and bloated, will exercise it off later :smile:
[QUOTE='Flo[ProActiv];36329826']I could be at a BBQ tonight :s-smilie: Who decides to have a BBQ in February? When it's spent the last week snowing on and off?!?

Quite glad I'm at home. Although I'm already at my cal limit today, and a second glass of wine is calling to me :tongue: Might have a bit of a cheat evening, then get back on track tomorrow - going to be in the library all day, so I won't be able to spend the day picking in the cupboards like I have today. I'm thinking wine, mini cookies or cake, a hot water bottle and a crap film. Sometimes a girl just needs a break :smile:

You have done so well with your healthy eating so I think you deserve a break! :smile: Plus, wine solves everything :tongue:
Reply 232
Going to start going for brisk walks in the mornings rather than jogging - I feel like the consistant pace and the fact I can wear lots of layers and not overheat will make it a good thing.
Original post by Muffinz
Going to start going for brisk walks in the mornings rather than jogging - I feel like the consistant pace and the fact I can wear lots of layers and not overheat will make it a good thing.

I need to do this too haha, I'm making staying in bed an awful habit :tongue:
Terrible day.
Had porridge for breakfast, and then got on a train to travel home for a few days. What is usually under a 3 hour journey took 7 hours almost because of cancellations and delays, so I arrived stressed and starving. My mum had buffet lunch out cos there was family round, and I just ate and ate.
:frown:
Original post by outlaw-torn
You have done so well with your healthy eating so I think you deserve a break! :smile: Plus, wine solves everything :tongue:

Hehe, and yes, I have yet to find a problem to which wine is not the answer xD
Reply 236
Original post by outlaw-torn
I need to do this too haha, I'm making staying in bed an awful habit :tongue:

I like the exercse but I went out jogging the other day in just a top and tracky bottoms and had to stay in bed for 5 hours afterwards as I was absolutely freezing!!! ><
Eugh.
Stumbling across thinspo stuff just when I'm trying to learn to love my body = not great.
Original post by SoapyDish
I've had like a week-long binge, for various reasons, culminating in eating a whole tube of Pringles and 4 of those Taste The Difference bakery cookies for dinner last night. Felt so rough. Really really unmotivated at the moment...got my BMI down below 20 and now I just can't drag myself to the gym or force myself to eat healthily. I'm reading a book about eating disorders at the moment as well, which is almost making me feel weirdly guilty...not sure why.

Do you feel like you are gotten to slim or that your body is giving you signs not to lose anymore weight?

Original post by Feeling low
Wow cool cheers! You summed up alot of research i've been trying to do in a neat couple of lines. Yeh I guess I need to stop cardio, kinda wimpy when it comes to the gym i'm just so weak its unbelieveable i've tried one haha kinda embarrased when i'm lifting really light and everyone just staring... and I havent even got any friends that go to the gym to tag along with... dead end!

I've been given that advice by other people too about eating 1g of protein per lb of body weight but it's really hard to eat 180g or whatever of protein and it's really hard to measure too with things like chicken how am I meant to know?

And I didn't know this was a girl only thing haha :s-smilie: but still you're advice was perfect!

Glad to help. The best way to measure how much protein, carbs e.t.c you are eating is to log your food on myfitnesspal. On all foods it should tell you how much calories, carbs, protein e.t.c is in the chicken. You may also want to get some food scales as well to measure out your food so that your protein and calorie count is more accurately. Also don't be afraid to lift even if it seems small compared to what others are lifting. Everyone has to start from somewhere
Reply 239
Going to have egg whites and toast for breakfast :smile:

Latest