The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Long one :p:
Original post by amizzle91
Couple of people noticed my weight loss though which was good :smile:

Brilliant! Cant wait for this to happen to me, keep going! :grin:

Original post by xoxAngel_Kxox
EDIT: Although, it is times like this that I'm GLAD I weigh myself every day. If I hadn't got on the scales since last week, and I got on them today and found that I'd STS, I'd be absolutely gutted.

You're totally right. Congrats on the probable loss lol - or actual, I dont know how to say it.

Original post by phiddy23
I know I sound like a broken record but I'm feeling so ****e again. This week has been relatively good eating and exercise wise but the weekend has been abysmal - ie. absolutely no exercise whatsoever and I must have eaten at least ten malted milk biscuits every night, let alone what I was snacking on during the day. I just am so depressed I can't find any other word for it, I hate my body so much.

Literally all I did today was go to the park with my brother and sister in law (when they got back from their 20km run). And I shed a few tears in the bathroom just looking at how fat I was. I have like two outfits and one of them is these jeans that are so tight (I think they're jeggings but still) I can't handle the way my thighs look in them.

I just can't go on living like this!! I'm such a boring miserable person 80% of the time because things that excite other people such as a warm pleasant day on a beach or a trip to a restaurant or a waterfall are torture for me for the various weight related reasons. Sometimes I shy away from even just walking down the street because I don't want anyone to look at me! I'm just completely ridiculous and I know losing two stone in three to four months should be manageable but I'm sure I'll find a way of screwing it up :frown:

Buh. Sorry again :frown: these rants are becoming a weekly thing aren't they, I just need to express it somewhere.

I dont think youre in the best headspace - saying that youll find some way of screwing up your weightloss is not going to help you. You know when people say that you cant change how you feel? you can, you have to choose to feel motivated and positive after something like this. The more you get into it - taking OP as an example - the more you get out of it, otherwise you will just be another yo-yo dieter who loses 10lbs and then puts on 12. And if youre doing these things - fitting in regular exercise, eating smaller portions, making better choices for your body, allowing yourself the occasional well-proportioned treat and then making up for it other ways, you are doing the best for you. You cant screw something up if you keep going, recognise your mistakes and make up for it. My recommendation (if its worth anything to you lol) is that youve done 5/7 days at say 90% greatness and 2/7 at 45% greatness - you have to always focus on the positive and take it a day or a week at a time. The things that have kept me going are visuals - I have a background that changes every 15s and a separate widget every 20s that show holiday destinations, destination wedding photos and pretty dresses so I can see where Im going, who i want to be in the photos and what i want to wear. Just because Ive eaten a full feast and dessert doesnt mean I cant, its just a day out of all the other things Ive been doing. :hugs:
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by phiddy23
I know I sound like a broken record but I'm feeling so ****e again. This week has been relatively good eating and exercise wise but the weekend has been abysmal - ie. absolutely no exercise whatsoever and I must have eaten at least ten malted milk biscuits every night, let alone what I was snacking on during the day. I just am so depressed I can't find any other word for it, I hate my body so much.

Literally all I did today was go to the park with my brother and sister in law (when they got back from their 20km run). And I shed a few tears in the bathroom just looking at how fat I was. I have like two outfits and one of them is these jeans that are so tight (I think they're jeggings but still) I can't handle the way my thighs look in them.

I just can't go on living like this!! I'm such a boring miserable person 80% of the time because things that excite other people such as a warm pleasant day on a beach or a trip to a restaurant or a waterfall are torture for me for the various weight related reasons. Sometimes I shy away from even just walking down the street because I don't want anyone to look at me! I'm just completely ridiculous and I know losing two stone in three to four months should be manageable but I'm sure I'll find a way of screwing it up :frown:

Buh. Sorry again :frown: these rants are becoming a weekly thing aren't they, I just need to express it somewhere.

I know exaclty what you mean, but I wish I was as open with myself as you are and other people for that matter, about how I feel. The fact that you want to address this is a positive thing! I've been indenial for practically all my life about my figure, don't worry about venting and letting your true feelings out - hopefully this will be the last time you'll ever feel like that!
Holiday and summer situations actually make me feel quite nauseous too, and for the past 2 years my 'summer bikini diet plan' has ended before I could even manage to look at a bikini. And when I tell people this time will be different, they're like, 'oh, here she goes again.' Before, i would just've agreed with people and been like, yeah who am i trying to kid! But I'm just using people's scepticism for motivation now!!
I know it can difficult as well when you think that everyone finds making a change through healthy eating or exercise is finding it easy, but no one does, it's hard but just thinking about the end result and using this thread to find out that everyone goes through ups and downs too should make it easier! Yesterday I literally ate a whole chocolate cake (6 portions) 'cos I was in a foul mood and normally I'd just end up giving up for the day but coming on here and looking at how how well people are doing gave me the motivation to just carry on. You can do it! :biggrin:
(edited 11 years ago)
Soooo another day of scales fiasco but Im taking the reading - down 3lbs this week!!! I have lost half a stone in 3 weeks! :woo::jive:
Urghh god this week has been atrocious. I've literally only had one good day. yesterday was awful and today is going the same, I'm always worse when my boyfriend is over. Scales showed I'd put on 4lbs before the weekend started...god knows what I am now. Too scared to look. Going to start again tomorrow and not weigh myself for at least a week :frown: couch to 5k is going good though, got to do week 5 day 5 either today/tomorrow (washed my only set of gym kit and didn't think this through...it's still wet...looks like it's time to buy more stuff, never thought I'd need any extra!) so I should complete it before I go home for summer. Gone so quick, 8 weeks sounds like such a long time!
:hugs: for those who are struggling at the moment - remember, each day is a new one, don't let the bad things from the day before get to you. Also, one slip up during the day doesn't mean that the day is ruined.

----

:woo: My mum sent me an M&S voucher as a treat for passing my driving test, so went and treated myself - got chicken breasts, fishcakes, low fat chilli citrus salad dressing, some pre-cooked chilli chicken for sandwiches, and a 'Fuller Longer' ready meal (planning a long day in the library tomorrow, so I want something I can chuck in the microwave when I get in), and some lentil crisp things.

Oh, also got a packet of raspberry vienese biscuits :colondollar:
Why is it that the simplest and quickest meals are always really nice? :smile:

Just had a mixture of tagliatelle and spaghetti pasta, (weighed out), and half a tin of tuna with a bit of light mayo and salt/pepper. Yum.
I found out my medical results from Summer 2010 and saw how much weight I'd actually put on in just 18 months. So depressing and embarassing! I'm hoping to be back to that weight by the end of June but I haven't lost anything for the last couple of weeks. Definitely re-motivated me though!
[QUOTE='Flo[ProActiv];37421189']:woo: My mum sent me an M&S voucher as a treat for passing my driving test, so went and treated myself - got chicken breasts, fishcakes, low fat chilli citrus salad dressing, some pre-cooked chilli chicken for sandwiches, and a 'Fuller Longer' ready meal (planning a long day in the library tomorrow, so I want something I can chuck in the microwave when I get in), and some lentil crisp things.

Nice one! just leave the biscuits (or the remaining ones) for tuesday, if you promise them to yourself then you wont take them as a snack for the library or anything. Tuesday = Treat Day?
I'm having a really hungry day today - haven't really felt hungry the past couple of weeks despite cutting calories quite significantly, but today I just want to to eat eat eat!! Going to get out of the house and go for a walk for a few hours, can't eat where there's no food!
Original post by Jennie1987
Nice one! just leave the biscuits (or the remaining ones) for tuesday, if you promise them to yourself then you wont take them as a snack for the library or anything. Tuesday = Treat Day?

I'va managed not to touch them yet. Planning on having one with a cup of fruit tea in about an hour as a treat.

TBH, I'm better when I buy nice things - if I buy a packet of Tesco value bourbons, they'll go really quickly, but if I buy myself something I see as a 'treat', I'm much better at rationing them out :smile:
[QUOTE='Flo[ProActiv];37422021']I'va managed not to touch them yet. Planning on having one with a cup of fruit tea in about an hour as a treat.

TBH, I'm better when I buy nice things - if I buy a packet of Tesco value bourbons, they'll go really quickly, but if I buy myself something I see as a 'treat', I'm much better at rationing them out :smile:

Good for you =) whatever works to stay on the wagon is a good thing =)
[QUOTE='Flo[ProActiv];37422021']I'va managed not to touch them yet. Planning on having one with a cup of fruit tea in about an hour as a treat.

I'm craving bourbons now I've seen that.. ahh haven't seen them in ages.. bit the top layer of biscuit off, then nibble the creamy bit, then eat the other bit of chocolate. And I would get SERIOUSLY impressed with myself if I managed to do so without breaking the biscuits.

I actually NEED bourbons. Not want, NEED.

But the likelihood of me being able to open a packet and not eat the whole thing are between slim and none, so I'm probably better leaving them as just a dream.. ahh.
Reply 3092
About to make vegan brownies :biggrin:
I'm craving bourbons now I've seen that.. ahh haven't seen them in ages.. bit the top layer of biscuit off, then nibble the creamy bit, then eat the other bit of chocolate. And I would get SERIOUSLY impressed with myself if I managed to do so without breaking the biscuits.

I actually NEED bourbons. Not want, NEED.

But the likelihood of me being able to open a packet and not eat the whole thing are between slim and none, so I'm probably better leaving them as just a dream.. ahh.

You should look out for the double pack at the counter in a coffee shop - 2 biscuits, you can eat the whole pack lol.
According to the scales lost 4 pounds this week- though I think the real figures nearer two- last week had eaten a big meal the night before weighing, and was also about to start time of the month which always puts my weight up. But still pleased :smile: Was expecting a loss, but was a really nice surprise this morning to see such a big loss even if its probably not all real :smile: Also discovered a new favourite dish this week- warm goats cheese salad <3 the cheese is all crispy on the outside then warm and soft inside..yumm. I'm far too much of a cheese person :P
Original post by Jennie1987
You should look out for the double pack at the counter in a coffee shop - 2 biscuits, you can eat the whole pack lol.

Oh that's great :biggrin:. Although you really shouldn't encourage me.. I will have to keep a look out for those little packs next time I'm at a coffee shop :biggrin:.

Just had dinner, and am drinking water like a crazy person to try and get rid of any salty effects it may have had.

Tbh I'm not even that bothered about weighing tomorrow either. If my body only sorts itself out for Tuesday then that would be okay, too. No need to be quite so strict with everything while I'm so close to the end, is there.
Oh that's great :biggrin:. Although you really shouldn't encourage me.. I will have to keep a look out for those little packs next time I'm at a coffee shop :biggrin:.

Just had dinner, and am drinking water like a crazy person to try and get rid of any salty effects it may have had.

Tbh I'm not even that bothered about weighing tomorrow either. If my body only sorts itself out for Tuesday then that would be okay, too. No need to be quite so strict with everything while I'm so close to the end, is there.

Great mentality for your weightloss, at least youre intune with your body and can put things in perspective. Lol its not encouragement its helping to stop craving, in a responsible way.
Official gym member! I haven't actually been to the gym yet but I have been swimming! Did just over 1/2 mile today (not sure if this is good or not - it's a 25m pool and I do an average of a length a minute?) and going again tomorrow.

(Let's ignore the 1lb I put on on Friday and the chocolate I'm eating right now)

Having said that, I'm starting to think I won't get to my goal by my holiday.
Reply 3098
[QUOTE='Flo[ProActiv];37421189']:hugs: for those who are struggling at the moment - remember, each day is a new one, don't let the bad things from the day before get to you. Also, one slip up during the day doesn't mean that the day is ruined.

----

:woo: My mum sent me an M&S voucher as a treat for passing my driving test, so went and treated myself - got chicken breasts, fishcakes, low fat chilli citrus salad dressing, some pre-cooked chilli chicken for sandwiches, and a 'Fuller Longer' ready meal (planning a long day in the library tomorrow, so I want something I can chuck in the microwave when I get in), and some lentil crisp things.

The chilli citrus dressing is amaaazing! It's also really good to use a sauce for stir fries or with couscous or anything really:smile:
Wish I could somehow block all fb statuses relating to food lol... all the 'eating out at x place/ eating ice cream/choc etc to get me through studying!' statuses keep making me crave things so badly... :P

Latest