The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Stir fried Giblets
Does anyone know any places where I can buy almond milk for cheap? I'd love to try it and see if my mam can start getting it with the grocery shop but I know she won't consider buying it unless it's cheaper than normal milk.

Quick search shows that Asda sell it for £1 for a litre (Alpro Almond Milk). Sainsbury's and Tesco's sell the same thing, but for £1.80/£1.70.
You can also make almond milk yourself

-----

Eugh, feeling all lethargic and gross thanks to TTOTM. Also making me crave carbs.
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by luckycharm
I can't believe I'm writing this cos I never tell anyone outside my family what I weigh but it's the Internet so.......basically at 5ft7 I weighed 120 (now 99)and when I started in the first month is when I lost a lot of weight quickly so I think my body reacted positively to the change and exercise ...plus I was eating 1200 calories a day which was very stupid cos and I soon found out it was below what I needed :frown:. My weight loss is not soo drastic anymore and is much more stable and normal :smile:

Don't worry about it, we're all open here! Too open sometimes haha. That's not too bad then, and well done on getting the weight down :biggrin:. I've been on 1,200 before.. miserable right?! Much better to raise it a little bit :biggrin:.
Ew, exams and TOTM = not such a great combination! Theres no rubbish in the house though, only fruit and a seriously basic food cupboard haha. So I am resisting!

Only had some Alpen porridge today, probably gonna make some tuna pasta in a while with mixed veg. Probably have that for tea too.. is pasta twice in a day bad?

This was posted from The Student Room's Android App on my GT-I9100
Just ran 12 miles. And I have the gym later too. I want to cryyyyyyyy from the pain!
Original post by outlaw-torn
Ew, exams and TOTM = not such a great combination! Theres no rubbish in the house though, only fruit and a seriously basic food cupboard haha. So I am resisting!

Only had some Alpen porridge today, probably gonna make some tuna pasta in a while with mixed veg. Probably have that for tea too.. is pasta twice in a day bad?

There's an app??
Been on a nice walk and done a fair amount of weight work today. Hoping to get something else done before bed time, but tomorrow is my set day for exercise anyway :-).

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
This was posted from The Student Room's Android App on my HTC Sensation XE with Beats Audio Z715e

Eeeeeeeee
Reply 3367
I'm always sooo hungry in the evenings. Is it OK to save the majority of my calories for the evening? Also may I ask how many calories a day is everyone on?
^ I'm on 1500 net per day :smile:

Done SO much exercise today. My dad is ill so I've been running around after him, tidying the house, walking the dog, going to the gym, had to apply for a passport so walked to the post office as well. My feet are killing me! :p:

(obviously I didn't log all of this as exercise but I haven't stopped for most of the day haha)
Reply 3369
Original post by amizzle91
^ I'm on 1500 net per day :smile:

Done SO much exercise today. My dad is ill so I've been running around after him, tidying the house, walking the dog, going to the gym, had to apply for a passport so walked to the post office as well. My feet are killing me! :p:

(obviously I didn't log all of this as exercise but I haven't stopped for most of the day haha)

Thanks, that's helpful. Have you always been on roughly that amount may I ask? Sorry to hear your Dad is ill, hope he gets better soon. Sounds like you've been a busy calorie burning bee though :smile:
Original post by sauce
I'm always sooo hungry in the evenings. Is it OK to save the majority of my calories for the evening? Also may I ask how many calories a day is everyone on?

No because then you wont burn them off and they will just equal fat when your sleeping !
Try and overt your eating habits so you lower what you eat at night and eat more in the morning:smile:
Reply 3371
Original post by jellytotsx
No because then you wont burn them off and they will just equal fat when your sleeping !
Try and overt your eating habits so you lower what you eat at night and eat more in the morning:smile:

Well, I know for a fact that metabolism doesn't quite work like that, I was more worried about not being able to sleep on a full stomach and getting sick, although I struggle anyway as I'm usually pretty hungry by the time I'm falling asleep anyway. Thanks though....any other thoughts?
Original post by Jennie1987
Well done!!! Bargains galore

Phantom negger on this post? :rolleyes:
Original post by sauce
Well, I know for a fact that metabolism doesn't quite work like that, I was more worried about not being able to sleep on a full stomach and getting sick, although I struggle anyway as I'm usually pretty hungry by the time I'm falling asleep anyway. Thanks though....any other thoughts?

I generally eat more in the late afternoons/evenings - it's just when I get hungriest. I've never found it to cause me any problems sleeping (I'm like you - I struggle to sleep if I'm really hungry)

-----

Mmmm, stir fry for dinner. Was feeling lazy, so I bought one of those pre-chopped veg packs, the straight-to-wok noodles, and a sauce. Lazy but delicious :tongue:
Reply 3374
Breakfast: porridge with apple and raisins
Lunch: grilled chicken, mashed potato, carrots. Plain yoghurt
Snacks: doughnut (from a friend), 40cal hot chocolate, couple of squares of dark chocolate, 2x satsumas
Dinner: tortilla with stir-fried chicken and peppers and a little bit of cheese, salad, few nachos.

~3mile cycle. Was cycling against the wind for most of it, made it so hard!
Original post by Jennie1987
Phantom negger on this post? :rolleyes:

And a neg for this, thats like 7 posts in 4 days across members.
Original post by The_Goose
This was posted from The Student Room's Android App on my HTC Sensation XE with Beats Audio Z715e

Eeeeeeeee

Original post by The_Goose
There's an app??

haha yeah its ace! Procrastinatiom central.

I got a Samsung Galaxy S2 today and I've done nothing but procrastinate on this app.

haha yeah its ace! Procrastinatiom central.

I got a Samsung Galaxy S2 today and I've done nothing but procrastinate on this app.

You can even quote from the app :biggrin: this is incredible

Is it bad that I am going over on my sugar allowance on MFP if most of it is fruit sugar?

Is it bad that I am going over on my sugar allowance on MFP if most of it is fruit sugar?

I don't know really, it's still sugar and hence bad if you don't use it. But then if you're under your calories and exercising how can you not lose weight?

In short - i have no idea

Latest