The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 6180
Been a bit rough lately so I haven't been to the gym much, just been doing light cardio, my bones are getting pretty weak at the moment though so I'm best doing something about it. Will bodyweight exercises help or am I going to have to lift to repair some of this damage? :/
Reply 6181
Original post by phiddy23
PS I found this website - www.dashingdish.com - it has some really well presented low carb recipes, including one for 'low carb rice' which is actually wizzed up cauliflower. It says that you have to pay for membership but when you click the sign-up button you can do it by donation and put $0 in (cheeky) and get access to all of the recipes and workouts.

felt quite guilty doing this, but the site is so good!
Original post by Emaemmaemily
Ha, I do. Not sure why.
I don't buy stripes intentionally... They just happen to end up in my wardrobe.

Can totally tell a difference. In particular your stomach has shrank.
Original post by Chrisateen
Can totally tell a difference. In particular your stomach has shrank.

Yeah my stomach is my major problem area, I carry most of my weight there, so that's good :smile: I'm really gonna be pushing hard at this now.
Just a couple of comparison photos to celebrate reaching 100lbs loss! :smile:
Spoilered for size :smile:

Spoiler

Original post by amizzle91

Spoiler

Well done :smile:
RIGHT I decided I'm doing this: http://dashingdish.com/recipe/low-carb-white-rice/ WHAT A GOOD IDEA with lamb ragu for dinner.

Just tasted the 'rice', so far a bit too cauliflower-y but I just added a load of pepper and nutmeg and it tastes ace, more like mashed potato than rice, I think in future I will mix it with mashed sweet potato. I love discovering ways of cutting out carbs / calories. Only 30 calories in a whole cup of the above! As opposed to about 200 + in the equivalent amount of rice or potato

PS amizzle91 you look ace in those pics well done!

:eek: Wow just wow the difference is huge. You should be really proud of yourself for what you have achieved

Spoiler

You look amazing now, well done on such a momentous achievement!! :smile:
Original post by Emaemmaemily
Well done :smile:

Original post by Chrisateen
:eek: Wow just wow the difference is huge. You should be really proud of yourself for what you have achieved

Original post by areebmazhar
You look amazing now, well done on such a momentous achievement!! :smile:

Thank you all for your comments and support :biggrin:
Eaten 1,500 calories today and burned 150 off exercising, so looks like I'm in a deficit for the day, fingers crossed. Hopefully I can get myself right back into this thing now.
Original post by phiddy23
RIGHT I decided I'm doing this: http://dashingdish.com/recipe/low-carb-white-rice/ WHAT A GOOD IDEA with lamb ragu for dinner.

Just tasted the 'rice', so far a bit too cauliflower-y but I just added a load of pepper and nutmeg and it tastes ace, more like mashed potato than rice, I think in future I will mix it with mashed sweet potato. I love discovering ways of cutting out carbs / calories. Only 30 calories in a whole cup of the above! As opposed to about 200 + in the equivalent amount of rice or potato

PS amizzle91 you look ace in those pics well done!

Ahh, this looks awesome! I like rice but it's so high in calories for what you get. Not a massive fan of cauliflower but if I pair it with something else with a stronger flavour... then it's a good way to get some more vegetables in my diet.

I don't have a food processor, I wonder if I could achieve the same effect in a blender? :s-smilie:

And thank you! :smile:
Reply 6192
I'm so hungry, not sure why I had a large tuna sandwhich for lunch, a chicken burger and jacket potato for dinner and I had a little bit of ice cream as well! ok I didn't have breakfast, which is why I had lunch really early but I don't think that should make me so hungry now when I've eat twice in between then :s

its a bit late for me to make any "proper" food and I don't really know if theres any thing snack wise in that isn't really bad
Original post by boba
I'm so hungry, not sure why I had a large tuna sandwhich for lunch, a chicken burger and jacket potato for dinner and I had a little bit of ice cream as well! ok I didn't have breakfast, which is why I had lunch really early but I don't think that should make me so hungry now when I've eat twice in between then :s

its a bit late for me to make any "proper" food and I don't really know if theres any thing snack wise in that isn't really bad

Nuts?

@Amizzle, that is an amazing transformation, well done! :biggrin:
Original post by boba

I ALWAYS get like that if I miss breakfast. I end up hungry by the end of the night, like feel sick hungry and it's so weird. I try to never miss it now but sometimes it just happens! It's worse when I miss tea (I work 4-7 in a chippy so often don't feel hungry afterwards), and I end up absolutely starving the morning after.

This was posted from The Student Room's Android App on my GT-I9100
Original post by outlaw-torn
I ALWAYS get like that if I miss breakfast. I end up hungry by the end of the night, like feel sick hungry and it's so weird. I try to never miss it now but sometimes it just happens! It's worse when I miss tea (I work 4-7 in a chippy so often don't feel hungry afterwards), and I end up absolutely starving the morning after.

That must be torture. It's bad enough jogging past a fast food place on my run never mind spending 3 hours in one at dinner time!
Ahh, this looks awesome! I like rice but it's so high in calories for what you get. Not a massive fan of cauliflower but if I pair it with something else with a stronger flavour... then it's a good way to get some more vegetables in my diet.

I don't have a food processor, I wonder if I could achieve the same effect in a blender? :s-smilie:

And thank you! :smile:

Congrats on your progress! Quoted this post cos I read blender as bladder which was hilarious :smile:

Phantom negger got my last post :frown: all i said was Id lost a pound and was on my way to 20lbs/1.5 stone. Doing better this week with food, a lot of running round with work and loads of stress trying to buy a new car asap so hopefully any self sabotage will have only a minor impact.
Original post by original_username
That must be torture. It's bad enough jogging past a fast food place on my run never mind spending 3 hours in one at dinner time!

It actually puts me off :tongue:
When I'm working 11-2pm I do get hungry but when it's tea time I just feel too tired and sick of staring at fish and chips to eat :tongue:

Original post by Jennie1987

Phantom negger got my last post :frown: all i said was Id lost a pound and was on my way to 20lbs/1.5 stone. Doing better this week with food, a lot of running round with work and loads of stress trying to buy a new car asap so hopefully any self sabotage will have only a minor impact.

What a loser.

Original post by outlaw-torn
It actually puts me off :tongue:
When I'm working 11-2pm I do get hungry but when it's tea time I just feel too tired and sick of staring at fish and chips to eat :tongue:

Chips are one of the main things I miss. Only have them once a week, and haven't had chippy chips in aaaaages. I can see how you might be sick of the site of them though.
Original post by Jennie1987
Congrats on your progress! Quoted this post cos I read blender as bladder which was hilarious :smile:

Hahaha - that would be... interesting :p:

Well done for being nearly at 20lbs - massive achievement! Phantom neg reppers suck, tried to rep you to make up for it but got PRSOM :frown:

Latest