The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1020
Original post by sauce
That's really helpful, thank you :yy:

I'm hoping that it isn't as disastrous as other pills, in particular microgynon, where for me (please don't be put off, It just exacerbated a condition already there)

Good luck! It's so frustrating trying to find the right pill. Yasmin was perfect for me for about 14 months then I just randomly started spotting and it didn't stop until I changed pill =/

I've done good with my food today I think. We still have 2 bread rolls and 3 wraps left, but I'm never gonna eat them on my own and they're already starting to go stale so will probably end up chucking them. I hate wasting food though. Anyone want some bread? :tongue:

Started week 2 of Ripped in 30 today...burnt way less calories than week 1 but mostly because I just couldn't complete half the exercises, too many plank-related ones that I just can't keep up with =/ Will stick with it though, probably for at least 2 weeks rather than 1, until I hopefully get the hang of it. Had a flick through the next 2 weeks and they look mental so I definitely need to perfect this level, haha...
Watching Supersize vs. Superskinny... think I might be in love with Dr. Christian Jessen. :tongue:
Been on my new healthy diet for a month now :woo:

Hopefully I won't slip back into bad habits but I know it's will still take a few more months to get slimmer.

Hope everyone else are still going strong despite Easter coming with all those chocolate temptations :sogood:
Original post by Chrisateen
Did anyone do a check up with the doctor before losing weight and did you do a check up afterwards. Got told by a few people that I should have a check up with the doctor to make sure all is well

Yes I have regular appointments, because I was losing weight for a medical reason, but they didn't really give me any tips or anything, just weigh me every so often. My graphs looks amazing :biggrin:.
Came straight downstairs...before breakfast and in a moment of haze, I had some easter egg before I'd even given myself a chance to think about it. Feel so bad now :frown:
Well today was a good day. Not only have three people commented on my weight loss (11lbs really does make a difference), but my jeggings are actually big for me! :dance:
It's a little sad because I LOVE these jeggings but it's also nice to know that I'm basically too big for a size 12/14 now :smile: size 10 here I comeee! :biggrin:
Was going to go to cardio aerobics this afternoon (combination of regular aerobics and skipping/boxing moves) but I'm feeling like death, so I think I'm going to have a day off. I've had/got lectures, so will have walked for an hour, so that's better than nothing.
Original post by xoxAngel_Kxox
Yes I have regular appointments, because I was losing weight for a medical reason, but they didn't really give me any tips or anything, just weigh me every so often. My graphs looks amazing :biggrin:.

Do you think its worth seeing the doctor to make sure all is well with the weight loss or do you think there is no point at all?

Original post by GloriaPenguin
Well today was a good day. Not only have three people commented on my weight loss (11lbs really does make a difference), but my jeggings are actually big for me! :dance:
It's a little sad because I LOVE these jeggings but it's also nice to know that I'm basically too big for a size 12/14 now :smile: size 10 here I comeee! :biggrin:

Aw well done. It is hard to let go of our favourite clothes but at least its not because its too small but because it is too big. There also have been times where I got the same clothes again in a smaller size
Do you think its worth seeing the doctor to make sure all is well with the weight loss or do you think there is no point at all?

Not sure.. I think everyone on this thread is already losing weight healthily, and we've all got lots of information about how to lose weight etc. I think it's more for people who don't have a clue what they're doing, or are trying to starve themselves.. It might be worth just going in for a chat to see what they say, but it's more to make sure you're doing it healthily, which we already know we are.
Just casually torturing myself watching Man vs Food - the Americans sure love their cheese! It all looks so good, but so very, very unhealthy :P
Original post by amizzle91
Just casually torturing myself watching Man vs Food - the Americans sure love their cheese! It all looks so good, but so very, very unhealthy :P

My boyfriend made me watch that once, and I was absolutely starving at the time, and 100% certain I could have beaten the guy at his own game!
Original post by xoxAngel_Kxox
Not sure.. I think everyone on this thread is already losing weight healthily, and we've all got lots of information about how to lose weight etc. I think it's more for people who don't have a clue what they're doing, or are trying to starve themselves.. It might be worth just going in for a chat to see what they say, but it's more to make sure you're doing it healthily, which we already know we are.

On a different note I managed to deadlift 100kg today :biggrin: but it was only for 1 rep :rolleyes:
I'm so so so so HUNGRY. Only a couple of hours until dinner though so I'm thinking I should be strong, don't snack, and just be patient and wait. Will get some work done to take my mind off being hungry.

Went to the uni canteen with mates before and sat there eating my healthy snacks while they had lovely cakes and paninis from the coffee shop... lol.
Reply 1033
Food for today:

Breakfast: Two egg omelette with prosciutto, garlic, stir fry veg, basil and olives with salad and cucumber.

Snack: Two sesame rice cakes and one green pepper with broad bean, asparagus and mint hummus.

Late lunch: Homemade vegetable soup (made from red and brown onions, kale, cabbage, garlic, leeks, tomatoes, garlic, basil and pepper- delicious!)

Planned dinner:
Oven roasted salmon fillet covered with sacla tomato and garlic sauce, olive oil, fresh garlic, olives, onions, and roasted tomatoes on a bed of spinach and stir fried vegetables.

(If anyone is wondering why i'm eating SO much garlic and onion- it's because they're antifungals which help get rid of candida- I have lovely garlic and onion breath all the time!)
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 1034
Wish there weren't so many attractive men in the gym, really puts me off!!!

I did 25 minutes on the cross trainer today though, I really really want to step on the scales tomorrow and see a weight under 10st!!!
Reply 1035
On a different note I managed to deadlift 100kg today :biggrin: but it was only for 1 rep :rolleyes:

Well done :smile:
Had a ridiculous diet this week. Not had a proper hot meal all week apart from Monday -_- I hate essays!

On Monday I'll be back on it.
Today I've eaten porridge with nutella and golden syrup, beans and sausages on toast, and having pepperoni pizza for tea. And chocolate digestives. I feel so fat haha but we don't have time to go shopping and I'm going home tomorrow. Epic fail! Did a LOT of walking at the beginning of the week though so should hopefully limit the damage.
Does anyone know of anywhere you can send/donate unwanted Easter eggs? I hate Easter eggs, my birthday is around then and I always get loads as birthday presents :s-smilie: I do like chocolate but not that much all at once and Easter egg chocolate is awful quality.. and I seem to give in to temptation way too much!

Being good today, refused cake from two different people and having roast chicken and gravy with veg, yum yum yum!
Reply 1038
So I got my A level results today, and they weren't good, AT ALL. I just don't know what to do as I genuinely worked so hard. I've already eaten really badly all day so I might just write it off and start again tomorrow :smile: I seem to be having too many days like this recently though...
Original post by lolololol
Does anyone know of anywhere you can send/donate unwanted Easter eggs? I hate Easter eggs, my birthday is around then and I always get loads as birthday presents :s-smilie: I do like chocolate but not that much all at once and Easter egg chocolate is awful quality.. and I seem to give in to temptation way too much!

Being good today, refused cake from two different people and having roast chicken and gravy with veg, yum yum yum!

Oooh send them to ME!

Latest