Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there! Sign in to have your say on this topicNew here? Join for free to post

Calling upon all Muslims, here me out

Announcements Posted on
Applying to Uni? Let Universities come to you. Click here to get your perfect place 20-10-2014
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Never have i thought there would be a day in which i would also fall blindly to the trap of creating a Muslim related thread.

Anyway, i want to ask you devout Muslims (forgive the title) that really want sharia law in the UK or anywhere around the world where they live, why don't you just go to countries that do have it? like those in the middle east? wouldn't you feel right a home? you come to the west to live a better life, but you have to follow the laws laid out here that have made the west the better and dominant place in the world and respect it.

sure, the middle east is a bad place to live, but at least they have the laws right? ever thought it might be bad because they implement the laws however small?

Why the negs bro? you know its true

i bet your only neging me because your angry at me pointing out something you dont want pointing out do you?

Keep negging, come at me bro!
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    I think you have generalized that all muslims want sharia law in UK/USA. As a muslim, i know that is never possible.
    Sure there are places like Saudi Arabia and others who do have sharia law, but that doesnt mean that everybody is going to leave their friends, their schools, education, jobs to go to another country, it's not very logical is it.
    Those who you see in the media with their 'sharia law for britian' banners are just silly and make all of us good muslims seem bad and give us a bad name. Sharia should be implemented where the majority are muslims. You can't have a monkey going to giraffes and telling them to eat bananas (bad example but yeah), they don't think that if it was implemented then many people would struggle to live under rules such as 'no drinking of alcohol' (a common law which most muslims live by), i'm not saying that everybody drinks but not everybody wants to follow islamic rules.

there are those people who argue for sharia law in britian,but they dont think of the wider picture, and sure if they dont like it here they should go, but as a muslim teenage girl, sorry but even i know that sharia law wont ever be implemented, there are much more problems the west are dealing with like financial etc, they dont need these minority of sharia-protesters to interupt.

so in essence, what i am saying is that sharia can't be for the UK/USA/western countries... as the majority are not muslims, and not everybody wants to live under islamic laws when they are not even muslim.
    i kind of have to agree with your point on going to a country which does have sharia, if thats what the people who argue for it want in UK/USA, i live here in the UK, and im happy, i can still pray,wear islamic clothing, and just get on wid my life

additional point: sometimes when we think sharia law, we think stoning, death penality,lashing. Thats the punishment for a crime, Sharia law is how you get married, what you can and cannot eat, inheritance and much more. and much of that is practiced in the west anyway, you can avoid haram food, you can get married islamically,(so long as you are recognised as a married couple in the eyes of UK law by registering etc).
    just live and let live really.
    heres like a bit more on the topic:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sharia
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nadia786)
    I think you have generalized that all muslims want sharia law in UK/USA. As a muslim, i know that is never possible.
    Sure there are places like Saudi Arabia and others who do have sharia law, but that doesnt mean that everybody is going to leave their friends, their schools, education, jobs to go to another country, it's not very logical is it.
    Those who you see in the media with their 'sharia law for britian' banners are just silly and make all of us good muslims seem bad and give us a bad name. Sharia should be implemented where the majority are muslims. You can't have a monkey going to giraffes and telling them to eat bananas (bad example but yeah), they don't think that if it was implemented then many people would struggle to live under rules such as 'no drinking of alcohol' (a common law which most muslims live by), i'm not saying that everybody drinks but not everybody wants to follow islamic rules.

just because there are those people who argue for sharia law in britian,they are not thinking of the wider picture, and sure if they dont like it here they should go, but as a muslim teenage girl, sorry but even i know that sharia law wont ever be implemented, there are much more problems the west are dealing with like financial etc, they dont need these silly minority to interupt.

so in essence, what i am saying is that sharia can't be for the UK/USA/western countries... as the majority are not muslims, and not everybody wants to live under islamic laws when they are not even muslim.
    i kind of have to agree with your point on going to a country which does have sharia, if thats what the people who argue for it want in UK/USA, i live here in the UK, and im happy, i can still pray,wear islamic clothing, and just get on wid my life
    No, read the first few sentences...

He was talking about devout Muslims that want Sharia Law imposed... not referring to all Muslims.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Why don't they want to move abroad? I dunno, maybe because they were born here:confused:

Just a thought.
    • 22 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Goku101)
    Never have i thought there would be a day in which i would also fall blindly to the trap of creating a Muslim related thread.

Anyway, i want to ask you devout Muslims (forgive the title) that really want sharia law in the UK or anywhere around the world where they live, why don't you just go to countries that do have it? like those in the middle east? wouldn't you feel right a home? you come to the west to live a better life, but you have to follow the laws laid out here that have made the west the better and dominant place in the world and respect it.

sure, the middle east is a bad place to live, but at least they have the laws right? ever thought it might be bad because they implement the laws however small?
    I wouldn't say the Middle East is a "bad" place to live. It's like any other place - some parts of it are very nice, and some are not so nice, generally depending on how wealthy the area is.
    As the previous poster said, moving countries is not an easy two-minute decision, especially when you're already established here in terms of friends, family, education, jobs, owning property, language barrier etc. And there's also issues of immigration. The Muslim country isn't necessarily going to allow them to come, just like that.

In any case, many Muslims didn't come to the West in search of a better life. They, for reasons completely beyond their control, happened to be born here.
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    You'd think so wouldn't you?

(If I was a Muslim you were describing)

I've moved to London, I dont like the culture... people... opinion etc.
    I could move back... No, I'll try to make society like it is back home...

I'm a Muslim and this is just stupid and something I haven't understood yet, yes, some parts of the world have different cultures and values... "backward" society as described by the "west"

Another thing Muslims want to change Britain, what would happen if a Group of Christians went and preached Christianity in Saudia Arabia/ Iran?
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    i defo don't want the sharia law. i think the only 'law' everyone should have is: be a good person.
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ieatcheeseyo)

I'm a Muslim and this is just stupid and something I haven't understood yet, yes, some parts of the world have different cultures and values... "backward" society as described by the "west"

Another thing Muslims want to change Britain, what would happen if a Group of Christians went and preached Christianity in Saudia Arabia/ Iran?
    daily mail ready per chance?
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ash07)
    i defo don't want the sharia law. i think the only 'law' everyone should have is: be a good person.
    define "good person".

Right and wrong are subjective
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    What does it matter?

I don't read Papers often... If im around Cousins then mainly the Broadsheets?

The Sun, Daily blah blah are all Tabloids ... not those basically...

Why?

And Lol at your picture O.O
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    Its 'hear' not 'here' For Allah's sakes.
    • 7 followers

ReputationRep:

I don't.

In shariah (law), there is no concept of Muslim countries, it's a state itself with one ruling head. This is not the case today. Historically, Muslims referred to one another as coming from X city such as: "Ahmed from Baghdad or Ali from Cairo"

I wouldn't say go to Shariah-run country but a country where most Shariah-like laws are observed which would be Saudi.

If you are a poor African Christian preaching- locked up, sentenced, deported. If you're a rich white European/American living in Saudi's compounds, it's a different story altogether. The religious police are banned from going there.

Funny bit of racism. :rolleyes:
    • 23 followers

ReputationRep:

1. Those countries do not have "Shariah".

2. The leaders in many of those countries are puppets to the west who sell their own people out.

3. These governments oppress their own people, they oppress Muslims and they oppress Islam.

I can't believe you didn't do a bit of research before making this topic.

The same thing that would happen if a group of Muslims tried to preach in Christian country. (Well, Saudi's wouldn't burn them alive, they'd just warn them a few times and then exile them if they don't listen).

“…We may feel certain that if Western Christians, instead of the Saracens and the Turks, had won the dominion over Asia, there would be today not a trace left of the Greek Church, and that they would never have tolerated Muhammadanism as the 'infidels' have tolerated Christianity there. We (Christians) enjoy the fine advantage of being far better versed than others in the art of killing, bombarding and exterminating the Human Race." (Bayle P., Dictionary, 'the article Mahomed')

Also in the Vatican city, "infidels" (which is a Bible originated word) are not allowed to live there, forget preaching lol.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by oh_1993)
    Its 'hear' not 'here' For Allah's sakes.
    hahaha lol I saw a post on 9gag a few days ago that said if a person is starting to get frustrated about the topic in hand then they would just start correcting you on grammar or spelling, so I purposely tested it here to see if it was true, and it was LMAO.
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:

Because some Muslims believe that Sharia law would improve the life of not only Muslims, but non-Muslims as well.

I think that is the reason why increasing number of non-Muslims are turning to Sharia courts to get their cases heard. (By the way, I'm talking about Civil, not Criminal law here).

Further, I think we can all agree that half the laws we have in place in the UK are not working, seeing the amount of people acquitted under "technicalities" of the law.
    • 19 followers

ReputationRep:

It won't be implemmented. This is not a Islamic country. End of
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    I agree that people should be allowed to speak their views and what they want changed. I just completely disagree with everything Muslims want to change.
    • 11 followers

ReputationRep:

Okay, I'm going to here you out.

That's stupid, that's like telling people who want to legalise marijuana to go and live in Amsterdam.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    hahaha lol I saw a post on 9gag a few days ago that said if a person is starting to get frustrated about the topic in hand then they would just start correcting you on grammar or spelling, so I purposely tested it here to see if it was true, and it was LMAO.
    tbh i haven't even read what the post was about. just trolling
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Perseveranze)
    1. Those countries do not have "Shariah".

2. The leaders in many of those countries are puppets to the west who sell their own people out.

3. These governments oppress their own people, they oppress Muslims and they oppress Islam.
    But surely it's better than the West? In the relative sense that is.

You mentioned on a previous thread that you wanted to emigrate from the UK. Which country would you emigrate to if you had a free choice?

(Original post by Perseveranze)
    Also in the Vatican city, "infidels" (which is a Bible originated word) are not allowed to live there, forget preaching lol.
    I think you're clutching at straws if you raise the issue of a "country" which is about 650m by 650m.
Updated: April 7, 2012
New on TSR

Submitting your UCAS application

How long did it take for yours to be processed?

Article updates
Useful resources
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.