(Original post by StartSomething)
I've struggled with my skin for years, and now I've finally got it almost perfect. I know that my cleansing routines really do work, because when I stop them, spots start to pop up and my skin gets ridiculously gross.
I have three face washes that I use. I alternate between three, and wash my face every morning and every night.
1. Clinique Anti-Blemish Solutions Cleansing Foam. They also do a gel which I feel is more effective, but at the moment I am using the foam. I use this stuff at least once a day. You can really feel the difference once you have used it.
2. Soap and Glory Face Soap. This one is a bit more gentle than the Clinique foam. I can still feel that it cleans my face well, and leaves my skin feeling fresh. I massage this into my skin which creates a foam, it has bits in as well.
3. Botanics Enlivening Body Polish (from Boots). This isn't actually meant for the face. I do use this all over the body, but sometimes I use it on my face. You have to be quite gentle because it's got some quite rough bits in but that's what I feel cleans the face well. I know that you can get Botanics stuff especially for the face so maybe that's worth looking into. When my body polish runs out then I'll definitely get something meant for the face.
Once I have used the face wash, I then use a cleanser. Again, both morning and night.
1. Clinique Anti-Blemish Solutions Clarifying Lotion. I use this everyday. It works especially well with the Clinique face foam I mentioned. I really cannot tell you how good this stuff is. I know that some people haven't gotten on so well with this product as it can be quite harsh on the face using it a few times a day everyday. But it really does the job well for me. I guess it's all about finding what's best for you because what works on one person. might not work on another. It has taken me years to discover what works for me!
2. T-Zone Shine Control Cleansing Wipes. Sometimes I try and give my skin a break from the Clinique clarifying lotion so I use these wipes. They really make me face feel clean and since I have been using these my skin hasn't worsened.
You then need a moisturiser. Don't worry about moisturiser making your skin worse. As long as you get a non-oily one it will be fine. After putting all these chemicals and products onto your face, drying your skin out, you need to make sure you keep it well moisturised. You might have to experiment and use a few before you get the right one for you.
I used to use the Clinique Anti-Blemish Solutions Clearing Moisturiser. But as I was already buying two other Clinique products it was working out quite pricey for me so I stopped buying this. If I had the money I would still use this, but I am a poor student.
Most days I use moisturising make-up products. I won't go into detail because I think you are male lol so won't be interested, but if anyone wants to know what I recommend then let me know!
The other moisturiser I use is Johnson's Baby Lotion. You can get this from anywhere really, I got mine from Asda. It makes my face feel really soft!
Other products I have used are Sudocrem and Savlon. I prefer Savlon but Sudocream also works just as well. Whenever I get a spot (or a cut or anything) I whack on a bit of Savlon and it disappears/heals so quickly!
Also make sure you keep yourself hydrated throughout the day and drink plenty of water. Make sure you eat enough fruit and veg because this really does affect your skin, as does exercise. Also Green tea works well - drinking it and applying it to you face. I drink the tea, and then save the teabag and squeeze it onto some cotton wool and wipe it all over my face! It's great! I used to use vinegar - this really does work! But don't use any old cheap vinegar.
That was quite an essay! Hope I helped though!