The Student Room Group

Worst/most boring football match you've ever seen

So what is the worst or most boring football match you've ever witnessed?

For me, one of them has to be England vs Algeria in the 2010 World Cup. The match ended up in a 0-0 draw and nothing really happened.
Another one is Spain vs Holland in the 2010 World Cup Final. It wasn't football, it was a wrestling match and the only interesting thing was Iniesta's goal deep into extra time. Other than that the match was nothing special.

Your opinions?
(edited 12 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Am I the only male who doesn't watch football?
I find every single match boring.
If I was made to watch a whole match, that would be torture.
I coulndn't enjoy watching a football match even if I tried to.

edit: Oh, did I touch a nerve, footie fans? Come at me bros :smile:

However I do feel the suspense and excitement during penalties.
(edited 12 years ago)
You must not have seen a lot of boring matches if you think Spain Vs Holland was the most dull ever.
I prefer rugby.
But by posting this, your thread will be bumped and you might get some more enthusiastic replies :tongue:
The majority of 0-0 draws. The last match on match of the day every week.

One is never really more interesting than another.
Leicester at home to Cardiff in the 06/07 season. 3 days before Christmas and a complete waste of time going. Nothing of note happened, except I think Elvis Hammond managed a shot.
Reply 6
Original post by NightBear
All of them? :tongue:

jk. Pretty much any/every match that Liverpool plays. I'm sorry, I hate Liverpool.
And, yes, I'm a Man Utd fan.

*expecting the negs*

Well you're wrong. :smile:
Being a Norwich fan, there haven't been many boring games the last couple of seasons. However the season we got relegated did have alot of boring games, and i even remember falling asleep at one! however IIRC i was woken up by us scoring about 5 mins later so didnt miss too much :tongue:
When I saw the thread title, I thought of England vs Algeria straight away, so props to the OP for pointing that one out. Hideous game of football.

I remember a really boring Liverpool/Man City game from a couple of years ago when both teams were going for 4th (which Spurs eventually got). 0-0 draw, neither team wanted a win and were content with the 0-0.

Honestly, I can't remember boring matches so well. The most boring matches tend to be utterly forgettable, although I doubt I'll ever see something as dull as Algeria vs England.
Reply 9
The American football on last night
You mean actually at the match? Chelsea vs Aston Villa about 7 years ago.
I'm pretty sure it was Arsenal-City last season. Such an anticlimax, City didn't even manage a shot on goal.
For me, Switzerland vs. Ukraine at the 2006 World Cup, second round game. Neither side had made the knockout stage before if I remember correctly, and it was just the most dour game. Switzerland couldn't even score in the shootout.
Probably not the most boring ever, but does anyone remember the 0-0 draw between Wolves and Birmingham in the FA cup at the start of January? It was just the most boring and plodding game I have ever seen.
Original post by qasidb

Original post by qasidb
For me, one of them has to be England vs Algeria in the 2010 World Cup. The match ended up in a 0-0 draw and nothing really happened.

Dude? Heskey's step overs?
Original post by Politricks
Am I the only male who doesn't watch football?
I find every single match boring.
If I was made to watch a whole match, that would be torture.

Me too to be honest, I don't have an issue with football and have watched world cup games now and again, but I just don't find it that interesting really :confused: Each to their own though.
Derby against Doncaster in the league a few seasons ago. There was only two shots in the whole game from both teams. One went out for a throw in and the other so far over it hit the roof of the stand. The only enjoyment was a streaker running round with the coppers and stewards just watching him make a fool of himself. Pure comedy but awful awful match. :frown:
Hendon v Wealdstone That match made me realise why putting the 2 sets of fans in the same stands is a silly idea. Got nothing but abuse from the away fans - as did the ref and the Hendon players.
Liverpool v Tottenham. Which is happening now.
Reply 19
Liverpool, this season.

WOWWWW. Just 0-0, 0-0, 0-0, 0-0, 0-0, 0-1, 0-0. AT HOME.

Quick Reply

Latest