The Student Room Group

Worst/most boring football match you've ever seen

Scroll to see replies

Derby away 3 seasons ago (Leicester fan)... About two shots on target all game, Derby scored through an own goal and we lost 1-0...
Original post by Father Ted
Derby away 3 seasons ago (Leicester fan)... About two shots on target all game, Derby scored through an own goal and we lost 1-0...

Someones a little bitter!

There's been quite a few absolutely boring matches with Derby over the last few years but I'll give it to Manchester City against Fulham around 8 years ago. It was 0-0, NO shots on target all game and general hoof ball. Boring!

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 102
Man City 0-0 Liverpool 2010

Think it set some sort of Premier League record for least number of shots on goal. Truly diabolical game considering both teams were still in the running for 4th at the time, both managers bottled it.
Reply 103
That Ukraine Switzerland game at the World Cup in 2006 was genuinely more akin to a staring contest than a football match.

The Chelsea Manchester United cup final of 2007 wasn't much better.
As a Leicester fan, when I went to Wolverhampton Wanderers away in 2003/04... We were winning 0-3 at half time, and ended up loosing 4-3. Wolves scored 4 goals in the second half.

I've watched Leicester up and down the country and seen some depressing matches, but that was poor. Also, our relegation: Went to Stoke away and we got relegated for the first time in our history after a 0-0 draw. Thankfully though, that relegation has been our turning point.
Reply 105
Probably England v Algeria at the 2010 World Cup which ended 0-0...dreadful game, should have went to sleep instead of watching it
England vs. Italy coupla days ago was pretty boring too... i mean it went to 30 mins extra time and penalty shoot outs, which we failed thanks to da Ashelys n not gunna mention Hart cuz hes actually a pretty damn good goalkeeper :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest