Do you have a link?

Original post by georgia.
link? :smile:

http://www.facebook.com/groups/181508061962859/?ref=ts
University of Leicester
University of Leicester
Leicester
Visit website
Any current students know when last date of finals is roughly???? Is it may?? Booking a holiday the now and need to know!

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 222
Original post by AnatomyGoddess
Any current students know when last date of finals is roughly???? Is it may?? Booking a holiday the now and need to know!

Varies from year to year and medics are later than others because of OSCEs, which last about a week I think. Finalists generally finish earlier, but I don't get how that's relevant to you...

This year it's something like 7th June, but check this out.

For the holiday I'd probably hold fire until late June just in case. You could try emailing the med school about OSCEs but I don't know if they'll know when they'll be yet (depends if they do it themselves or it's handled by the exams office).

Random neg, ta.
(edited 11 years ago)
Excuse me but it was not me who negged you I'm not that sad to use stupid wee negative buttons on a forum. And I mean first year final exams not 5th year. Cheers anyway

Reply 224
Excuse me but it was not me who negged you I'm not that sad to use stupid wee negative buttons on a forum. And I mean first year final exams not 5th year. Cheers anyway

I put the sarcastic comment to whoever did neg it in an edit, not you. I just couldn't unquote it.

You don't have final exams at uni, which you'll refer to as Finals, in any year other than your last, whether that be 3rd, 4th or 5th depending on degree. Medics don't really have them in the sense everyone else does (ie. whole degree grade largely rests on them) because all the years are worth something and you've completed the majority come 5th year.

I've repped your post because this really isn't a forum on which to use negs and you've just misunderstood, whoever did is daft.
I have no idea what repped means. ANYWAYS this is now completely off point. it's my sisters hen party and I was asking for dates roughly if anyone knew so if nobody does then that's fine that's all I was asking in the first place.

I have no idea what repped means. ANYWAYS this is now completely off point. it's my sisters hen party and I was asking for dates roughly if anyone knew so if nobody does then that's fine that's all I was asking in the first place.

Please get out of your own ass - just because you don't get the answer you were necessarily looking for, that doesn't justify your rude & condescending attitude.
Reply 227

It means I clicked the thumbs up. OK, best chance is to use this year's, compare to next year's term dates and contact med school about the OSCEs. Hope it works out for you/your sister.
Really Fallenangel you want to start being cheeky to someone your going to be on a course with for five years ...good start!

Really Fallenangel you want to start being cheeky to someone your going to be on a course with for five years ...good start!

I wasn't being cheeky - I just don't think your attitude was particularly called for. Roh was answering your question & you was being ungrateful.
Crap... I think I have made a mahoosive mistake in my appl :frown: I wanted all en suite but somehow I couldn't select all self catered en suite r you sure some of your choices aren't catered? Was there a massive diff in price between premium and premium plus? Maybe I only chose premius ensuite..... :/ aw man hope I don't get landed without one now :frown:

oooohhhhhh I'm not sure now :tongue: I thought they were all self-catered, but i'm not positive. And i think the difference between premium and premium plus was like £500?? Can't remember exactly:smile:
there is some bare banter going down on this thread
Reply 232
You both seem to be getting a bit heated over a fairly minor misunderstanding about who my sarcastic comment was at :tongue: You'll take a hell of a lot more sh*t off irate consultants! It really was nothing, just the same problem you get when trying to convey irony/sarcasm by text.

Also, though you'll meet you won't know who each other is in the real world and may well find out bout this after knowing each other for 18 months and getting on really well! Sadly, I am unlikely to meet you unless you either do the same extra curricular or, for Anatomy Goddess, get sharked by my housemates :tongue:
(edited 11 years ago)
Haha lol sharked this sounds interesting....aaaanyways whens everyone's last exam? Roll on sept September cannot wait to begin!

Reply 234
Haha lol sharked this sounds interesting....aaaanyways whens everyone's last exam? Roll on sept September cannot wait to begin!

I suspect how interesting (or otherwise) it will be probably depends a lot on the errrm 'prowess' of the sharker! And don't wish away the summer!
(edited 11 years ago)
......? Ok this is sounding rather creepy so let's move on and get back to Medicine..

Reply 236
......? Ok this is sounding rather creepy so let's move on and get back to Medicine..

Sharking* is inherently massively creepy, thankfully none of my housemates actually do it!

*in case you're not sure what it is it involves working as a team to pull Freshers. It's often a sports team thing so beware anyone wearing chinos, a tie with the university crest on and whose mates all tell you that he's going to be a fighter pilot...
Hahahaha awwwww I get it now... Lol brilliant I'll watch my back! :smile:

Ps we had the same thing in my uni but usually it was just the rugby boys ... Lol

Reply 239
Ps we had the same thing in my uni but usually it was just the rugby boys ... Lol

Yeah, it's mainly the rugby boys (not sure about medic rugby) you'll be stunned to hear! Others do it but tend to get bored quickly, rugby are committed to their trade! The really devious one is probably the one guy who does cheerleading...

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending