The Student Room Group

Psychology G543 exam- June 2012!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Tay594
Have you not been taught this or looked in the textbook? The cognitive explanation and treatment are actually quite long.

For the explanation you can talk about traditionally cognitive psychology was thought to have little use in explaining/treating schizophrenia because of its emphasis on logical thinking, and then talk about how it has changed with research discovering that their thoughts are logical to them but not to us. Then talk about how they believe that disturbed thinking processes are said to be the cause of schizophrenia by cognitive psychologists (defective mechanisms that filter and process info, so let in too much relevant information) Then talk about the study Hemsley (failure to activate schemas which is basically just a theory)

Then for the treatment talk about the same thing how it has changed - a schizophrenics perception is distorted so use cognitive treatment to reconstruct it. Then talk about CBT and why it is used for schizphrenia (change their faulty way of thinking). Then talk about the study Sensky et al (CBT for persistent schizophrenic symptoms which compares CBT with befriending)

I hope that helps!

Thankyou :smile:
Reply 121
need some help..could anyone tell me how to structure part A and part B essays please.
Reply 122
The final push begins guys. Anyone else living Psychology at the moment? And of course freaking out! Good luck!
Reply 123
Original post by zahra_xo
i really cant get my head around how ocr expects us to learn 52 studies! its so much to write aswell and the worst thing is that you only need to answer 4 questions out of all the topics that you have learnt!

anyway, im doing forensic and health, we havent been taught healthy living and after a guilty verdict

but i was looking at the turning to crime section in forensic and the whole biology section has come up in past questions e.g. brain dysfunction, genes and serotonin and gender does that mean we can say that it is likely the biology section of turning to crime wont come up?

Thanksss :smile:

52 studies! Your lucky, we're doing 75 not including the ones we can duplicate!
Does anyone know what might come up for the Sport and exercise questions in G543 on 11th June 2012?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

Or what came up in January 2012 for sport and exercise?!?!?!
Helpppp meeee!!!!!!!!!!
wat do u do if u cnt remember all three studies for the 15 mark question, how many marks wud u lose for tlkin about 2? could u use studies from other areas which may link to the question? thnx
Anyone know if questions on stress will come up?? im hoping for 2 :/
Reply 128
Original post by sasha165
Thank you so much!!!!! Can I have the full questions please? :smile:
Did you the paper in january? :smile:

I apologise for not replying to this. I didn't see it. I think it was because there was another thread for G543 :s-smilie:

I didn't do the paper in Jan. I wish I had. Hope the exam went well for you :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending