The Student Room Group

Violence is the only way to deal with Bullies!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Often it just makes the bullying worse. The likelihood is that the bullies will target their victim even more and encourage others to do so - especially in the earlier years of school due to peer pressure, etc.

What should be done is preventing bullying by greater awareness, encouragement from parents to demonise bullying, teachers should act and the victim should strengthen their mentality by realising that the bullies are ridiculous.
Reply 21
Original post by Rascacielos
Perhaps it's not bullying, but your actions still aren't justified.

Hahaha you obviously have no experience of severe bullying.
Stop passing judgement on something you know nothing about. Come back when you have experienced the extreme mental and physical pain these people can cause and it has ruined your life, then we can talk.
Reply 22
Original post by That Bearded Man
So if they attack you- defend yourself, fair enough.

But what about ganging up to shout at you, criticise your existence, give you a shove? What then?

FALCON PUNCH THE HARDEST KID, if they don't flinch, run like hell!

Original post by That Bearded Man
So if they attack you- defend yourself, fair enough.

But what about ganging up to shout at you, criticise your existence, give you a shove? What then?

Kneecap them :wink:
Original post by Akbar2k7
HEAR ME OUT!

This is primarily for those schools were the culture of bullying exists, so teachers wont help or encourage it indirectly(YES IT HAPPENED TO ME AND OTHERS). Not fore decent schools where bullying should not occur in the first place.

I was bullied alot but I lived with it sadly the thing is bullying is like a diease once you get it its hard to cure as you have been kind of identifies and isolated as 'weak'(your targeted by like everyone), so my method is prevention.

Of course this mean chosing who to make an example of and wisely, You might need some martial training/conditioning. After learning a martial art properly,you should be able to defend yourself and have the confidence not to be bullied in the first instance but it could still happen.

Im talking before it gets out of hand, i.e. if you feel some even attempting to violate your integrity you reply equally DO NOT BACKDOWN. If they get violent destroy THEM. You need to make an example of this person but make sure you do or else it'll all be for nothing after this other noobs should keep away just act very hostile to those who try and exploit your human decency. If your attacked by a gang dont just let them(Unless you will never meat em again ) even the odds with weapons fight back HARD. even if you do go down, its not bulling if their bleeding to.

People who get bullied usually fear the consequances of self defence trust me keep your brain out of this let testorone take over and liberate you form the wrecthed noobs.

PEACE OUT. (It worked for my cousin and bro.)

THIS DONT WORK FOR GIRLS.

Too right. Knock them out and beat them so hard that they never look at you again.
Original post by IB_19
Often it just makes the bullying worse. The likelihood is that the bullies will target their victim even more and encourage others to do so - especially in the earlier years of school due to peer pressure, etc.

What should be done is preventing bullying by greater awareness, encouragement from parents to demonise bullying, teachers should act and the victim should strengthen their mentality by realising that the bullies are ridiculous.

It will make the bullying worse only if you don't give out the sufficient pain. What I mean is if you punched them back it will turn into a fight and it will continue the next day etc. If you break their legs and knock them out quickly and by complete suprise, the bully will never come near you again due to embarssesment and pain from the last encounter. The bully will know that he/she had underestimated you.
violent

That is how I dealt with bullying when I was a kid.

Now I realise it was wrong. I tried to play superman if someone was getting bullied I would beat the crap out of the bully.

It brings me great shame when I remember 'sorting out' bullies; yeah ok my friends were quite small and this bully was huge so I intervened, but I went too far I punished him so much he stopped coming out on the playground.

I effectively ruined his school life. Maybe you'll justify it, he was a bully yadda yadda, but I found out later that he was only a bully because his father used to beat him and he wanted to take this out on others.

But I was a kid so I don't hate myself too much for it; I have stopped all forms of violence even cut down on violent video games.
Original post by redferry
Hahaha you obviously have no experience of severe bullying.
Stop passing judgement on something you know nothing about. Come back when you have experienced the extreme mental and physical pain these people can cause and it has ruined your life, then we can talk.

I don't see why it's so funny that I've not been seriously bullied. I have been bullied, but I have already admitted on this thread, not to the extent that some people have been.

But regardless of how justified you feel in being physically violent against someone when it's not in self-defence (i.e. if the bully assaults you first), it still makes you no better a person to retaliate violently. There are so many ways bullies can be dealt with and violence is not one of them - for a start, people may look on you a lot less sympathetically if you've been violent yourself.
Reply 28
I don't see why it's so funny that I've not been seriously bullied. I have been bullied, but I have already admitted on this thread, not to the extent that some people have been.

But regardless of how justified you feel in being physically violent against someone when it's not in self-defence (i.e. if the bully assaults you first), it still makes you no better a person to retaliate violently. There are so many ways bullies can be dealt with and violence is not one of them - for a start, people may look on you a lot less sympathetically if you've been violent yourself.

All I'm saying is you would feel differently if it happened to you.

One punch to avoid months of further pain is definitely worth it. Why do you need to be the better person? You just need it to stop, being the better person has nothing to do with it. By the stage that it gets bad you don't need others sympathy. You just want it to stop.

Believe me, there aren't all that many ways to stop bullies, If others won't help (which often they wont, bullies are VERY good at making themselves out to be the victim) you have to take matters into your own hands, and it not like you can just ask them nicely.
Agreed. You have no idea how satisfying it is to kick the **** out of someone who has bullied you for a while. I say let them get away with it (i.e tell the teacher first) for a while, then when it clicks that teachers are ****ing useless (which they totally are), annihilate them. I recommend this course of action for ALL boys :yes:

Just don't use weapons or aim any direct blows at their head though. The last thing you want is to be in court for a Section 18 or attempted murder charge
Reply 30
You might need some martial training/conditioning. After learning a martial art properly,you should be able to defend yourself and have the confidence not to be bullied in the first instance but it could still happen.

Great post, I would like to add something to the portion above though to save some unaware individuals some serious grief here.

If you wish to learn to fight, go to an actual fighting gym (boxing or mixed martial arts related). Do not go to some cheesy dojo where they hand out a new belt every month and have 13 year old black belts on their premises. All these places do is choreograph fight moves in the interest of building self-confidence. The problem is that some chump is going to think he is Chuck Norris, try some spinning jump kick in an actual street fight and fail to epic proportions, probably in front of a massive crowd. That is not a good way to stop bullying.
Akbar I do agree that there will come a time where fighting back is the only option. Bullies tend to pick on those who they believe to be weak in order to increase their self-esteem. If you fight back and win, you will make them feel even worse, even more worthless to society.
Reply 32
Thanks for the feedback guys, I'm not saying you will always win but a few bruises are more than worth the trauma you save form thinking about these idiots Fighting back even unsuccessfully sends out a message. Its amazing to think that all it takes is confidence sometimes to defeat your demons sadly nerdy/clever kids in poor chavvy schools don't have this.
Oh, so if you see it fit to break their leg, then that would be OK?

A broken leg is a bit different to a pop in the nose :tongue:
Depends

Back in my 4th year of school there was this kid being bullied by a group of around 6 he fought the "leader" of them and was beating the **** out of him and the cowards that they were decided 6vs1 would be better giving him no chance to win so if your going to fight make sure it won't make it even worse. This kid ended up in hospital and had to move school etc.. feel bad for him now but the kids were a year older than me so no chance I was getting involved.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending