The Student Room Group

Is anyone else still waiting for a response from 3 or more unis?

I applied on October 13th and as you can see from my sig I've still not been given an interview/rejection/offer from 3 of my unis. What makes it worse is that they are my three favourite unis (except for Cambridge but they rejected me:p: ). Anyway... I'm just worried that this means I'm going to get rejected from the rest of them and get stuck in London - and as good as the London unis are, I really don't want to go there if possible. Anybody else in a similar situation?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Yep still waiting for three as well, keep checking track but no luck. It's really annoying because I want to know either way from the others.
Reply 2
I applied in mid November but have only heard from one uni so far, Warwick. One down, 5 more to go. :smile:
Reply 3
Yep, and I've only applied to 5. Heard back with offers from Lancaster and Oxford Brookes (my top and bottom choices, respectively) but still waiting for replies from Portsmouth, Swansea and Essex. Although to be fair Swansea emailed me a couple of weeks ago asking for a creative writing portfolio (which I'll send off next week), which was a bit weird cos I thought they'd send a letter (what if I didn't check my email?), and Portsmouth have too, but I sent that over a week ago.
Still waiting for a response from all 4!!!! >:frown:
I don't mean for this to become a massive argument, and don't want to offend anyone, but if people are saying 'I'm so pissed off that I havn't heard from my favourite unis, and don't want to go to the places I have offers from', why do people apply to places they really don't want to go to, as no one is ever able to guarantee a place at their favourite uni?
Reply 6
Yup. See below V

It's a fun wait, isn't it? Kinda' drives you closer to the edge of insanity day by day. Makes you sorta' resent those people who quite smugly sit with their 6 offers. ^_^
I'm thinking they all must've rejected me by this point...
Reply 8
My sister applied early november and has only heard back from one, but she has had two interviews aswell.
Reply 9
i'm waiting for the 2 most important universities too! --> QMUL and Kings:eek:
Reply 10
I'm still waiting for 2 from UCL and 1 from Kings and I applied on 8 October.
Yep, my ucas track only has 2 'Conditional's' ..*sighs*
Kittennffc
I don't mean for this to become a massive argument, and don't want to offend anyone, but if people are saying 'I'm so pissed off that I havn't heard from my favourite unis, and don't want to go to the places I have offers from', why do people apply to places they really don't want to go to, as no one is ever able to guarantee a place at their favourite uni?

Several Reasons:

1) Not all universities do the specific courses that they want to do. So they just find uni's that do the course. For example one of my friends wanted to do Multimedia but not many places did it so he applied for ones that he didn't really want to go to. Otherwise it's a waste of £10 if there's only 2 you really want to go to.

2) They are making themselves feel better about being declined.

3) Because sometimes people apply and then after it's been sent off they realise they didn't really want to go to that uni after all. It's happened to me now I've done research but I'm still open to the offers though, I'd rather be accepted then declined by them.
Reply 13
Still waiting on three. If they are taking a long time, is this just because they havn't gotten round to looking at ur aplication, or s this because they are still deciding if they want to accept you. Is there any way of finding out?
Reply 14
kings - dentistry - rejected
QMUL - dentistry - rejected
southampton - medicine- interview

imperial - medicine - sent
UCL - medicine - sent
KCL - medicine - sent

and i applied on the 13th of october! im getting a bit nervous now!
Reply 15
BouncyB
Still waiting on three. If they are taking a long time, is this just because they havn't gotten round to looking at ur aplication, or s this because they are still deciding if they want to accept you. Is there any way of finding out?

no way! i tried emialing imperial, kcl and ucl and i got a reply from ucl - they said it is unlikely that they will interview any more international applicants. i didnt get a reply from imperial or kcl
Reply 16
its really frustrating, im not good at waiting :-(
The thing is, I applied in early January so I'm not surprised it's taking this long-- I just kind of figured that most people would have applied and had a response already, so they must have gotten to mine at some point! Maybe the mail system's messed up?
Tommy07
kings - dentistry - rejected
QMUL - dentistry - rejected
southampton - medicine- interview

imperial - medicine - sent
UCL - medicine - sent
KCL - medicine - sent

and i applied on the 13th of october! im getting a bit nervous now!

I though i could only apply to 4 medicine/dentistry courses?
Reply 19
:ditto:

Latest

Trending

Trending