The Student Room Group
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website

Architecture offers 2012 for Uni of Nottingham

Still waiting!! Anyone heard back from Nottingham University regarding the K100 Architecture course? Still waiting and frantically checking the emails every 5 minutes, only to find an amazon offer or youtube reply!!

If you have received an offer- would be great to know what condition the offer is for- grade wise?

Thanks!!
Reply 1
I've still not heard back, I applied on November 3rd, so ages ago, its the only one I haven't heard back from since the acknowledgement.

From what I've gathered people with really high A-level predictions have heard back relatively quickly and have had lower offers than expected, but people with lower predicted grades seem to be ignored :frown:
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website
Reply 2
Ok, so what you are saying is that people with higher grade predictions have heard fairly early on and those with lower grades have not yet heard? I have A*AB and am predicted a further A*- so I wonder where I sit?- I applied in October as I sent off my application early because I applied to Cambridge AND HAVE STILL NOT HEARD ARGHHH! Let me know when you know either way- still glued to the email aswell!

V:

:confused:
Reply 3
What are you predicted btw? x
Reply 4
Original post by V.A.M.D.21
Ok, so what you are saying is that people with higher grade predictions have heard fairly early on and those with lower grades have not yet heard? I have A*AB and am predicted a further A*- so I wonder where I sit?- I applied in October as I sent off my application early because I applied to Cambridge AND HAVE STILL NOT HEARD ARGHHH! Let me know when you know either way- still glued to the email aswell!

V:

:confused:

My predicted grades are AAB (plus an A in General Studies) but nottingham don't count GS, anyway so I would consider myself a lower prediction applicant, I wouldn't call you one if you have predicted A*s. I haven't had any updates for over a month now, since Sheffield and I still check my emails at least twice a day just to check for UCAS updates so don't worry I'm the same. I'm surprised you haven't heared anyway if you have those predictions, so I'm sure you will soon, good luck
Reply 5
Thanks for replying :O) I have been trying to find someone else in the same boat as me for a while and so it has been great to speak to someone in a similar situation.

I was rejected last time when I had AAB grades, so have do you do Duke of Edinburgh or something because I heard back within a week when I had AAB- sounds like they obviously really ike you since you applied back in November and still have not heard!

Best of luck aswell :smile:
Reply 6
If the really likde me they would have given me an offer by now! So have you been on a gap year then trying to get your grades up?

I've got D of E bronze and the AQA bacc which includes an EPQ, not that any other universities seem to care about those.
Reply 7
Y eah i am on a year out, am due to travel in march april june august as well as work and keep up hobbies, but also, to get that all important A* in psychology. All this with nottingham better pay off since i have had a rejection from sheffield and cambridge and have offers from kent and ox brookes- but they do not care about this extra grade- nottingham is the only one left and since i am over 19 i am paying to go to college for this a level so everything is crossed for nottingham to get a jiggle on!

What i mean is that you have not had an out and out rejection like i did within a week when i had aab- they obviously like you enough to have considered your application for this long! :smile:
Reply 8
Well hopefully they are biding their time :smile:. So what subjects are you doing now then?

Why did Sheffiled reject you if you have predicted A*s? I don't understand that
Reply 9
I have done Art, English Lit, History and am getting the A2 for Psychology. I think, regarding Sheffield, that it is so competitive and that on top of the portfolio it is another way of eliminating the piles of applications that are coming in. A portfolio is far more subjective and can be interpreted in different ways by different admissions officers, as opposed to Nottingham who look at relatively quantitative things such as grades first. But then again, they do also look at personal statement and references too.
Well I got an offer from Sheffield which is hopefully a sign that my art stuff is good enough, as I need to get an A this year to meet their requirements :s. I wish Nottingham had asked for a portfolio as I think it would back up my personal statement and show that I really am interested in buildings and architecture generally. Ah well it is what it is maybe it is fate that I shouldn't go there
Reply 11
Really well done on getting Sheffield! Keep me posted when you know! :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending