The Student Room Group

Masters in Finance at London Business School or Msc Finance at Imperial College?

I have 2 years + of working experience and have been accepted at both programmes.

Imperial College's course is cheaper by about 6,000+ pounds and the fact that I have paid the deposit means the opportunity costs of switching over to LBS will be nearly 10,000 pounds.

The interviewer from LBS also told me frankly that recent grad stats had not been ideal because of the economy. My personal opinion is that it may be due to the older age of the participants in LBS (some have 5 years of working experience). Financial institutions may find it hard to hire someone older for an entry level position (for those who wanted to switch careers) when they could hire someone younger and more energetic.

Frankly I am more inclined towards Imperial College at the moment because it is cheaper. Any money saved now in this lousy job market is frankly a cent gained.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 1
Original post by Emo_Rhino
I have 2 years + of working experience and have been accepted at both programmes.

Imperial College's course is cheaper by about 6,000+ pounds and the fact that I have paid the deposit means the opportunity costs of swtiching over to LBS will be nearly 10,000 pounds.

The interviewer from LBS also told me frankly that recent grad stats had not been ideal because of the economy. My personal opinion is that it may be due to the older age of the participants in LBS. Financial institutions may find it hard to hire someone older for an entry level position (for those who wanted to switch careers) when they could hire someone younger and more energetic.

Frankly I am more inclined towards Imperial College at the moment because it is cheaper. Any money saved now in this lousy job market is frankly a cent gained.

go for imperial college, don't lose your deposit for a so-called "prestige" that is probably only marginally existent. imperial college is also very reputable, no point losing your deposit over it.
Reply 2
Original post by beadyeye
go for imperial college, don't lose your deposit for a so-called "prestige" that is probably only marginally existent. imperial college is also very reputable, no point losing your deposit over it.

Yes thats true too.
Reply 3
any more advice?

Quick Reply

Latest