The Student Room Group

TALKTALK my homesafe, how to unblock?

Hey guys.

So my stupid controlling parents have decided to block pretty much all of my social networking sites ie facebook, youtube etc by using talktalk my homesafe. Which is completely ridiculous since i'm almost 18.
But anyway, does anyone know how I could break through this? Even hack their account and change things?

Thank you.
Google proxy sites. They're really slow but ayou can access things through them. Google "proxy"
Reply 2
Original post by hannahhaworth
Google proxy sites. They're really slow but ayou can access things through them. Google "proxy"

Yeah i tried proxies but i cant get reliable ones! And most of them charge money, but thanks anyway :smile:
Original post by LHC
Yeah i tried proxies but i cant get reliable ones! And most of them charge money, but thanks anyway :smile:

I've just googled it for you, and from what I can see any settings you change will be emailed to your parents for confirmation anyway.
Just try and speak to them, I know it sounds difficult and they might not listen, but tell them they can maybe monitor your usage?
Although obviously it is ridiculous, you're virtually an adult. I know what it's like, my dad is still crazy and I'm 20 with a proper job and everything haha.

You could also get a pay as you go internet "dongle" (I HATE THAT WORD) and use that instead, obviously it's not ideal as you'll have to pay for it yourself but as a last resort maybe? Or even just tell them that you're going to. I'd probably do something stupid like if my dad were to ask me how I was planning to pay for it, yell "STEALING AND PROSTITUTION." but that's not necessarily recommended....
Reply 4
I'd probably use the TOR browser bundle and https to get past it. It's a bit of a drastic step to take, but it should work...
Reply 5
"Re: TALKTALK my homesafe, how to unblock?
I'd probably use the TOR browser bundle and https to get past it. It's a bit of a drastic step to take, but it should work..."
this is briliant, better than a proxy and its not a program, and it works with all the javascript, images ect!
Reply 6
All you need to do is get one of your parents (preferably the one who knows the least about computing) to log in to talk talk for you, do this by convincing them it is for HW. then when they have changed the settings make a new tab and tell them ok. Now you have full access to the home safe settings, as long as you don't log out. I did this it works amazingly!
Reply 7
I am the account holder on my talktalk and can't even switch off the stupid homesafe! I can't even get on my facebook ffs! It's very possible your parents had no idea how much of a web-hitler homesafe actually is, because I can assure you, I certainly had no idea just how much it would block
Reply 8
Original post by peanuts_mum
I am the account holder on my talktalk and can't even switch off the stupid homesafe! I can't even get on my facebook ffs! It's very possible your parents had no idea how much of a web-hitler homesafe actually is, because I can assure you, I certainly had no idea just how much it would block

You turn ít off from your talktalk account onlíne
Reply 9
Try ultrasurf , it's pretty fast.
Reply 10
Original post by LHC

I run a site: Circumvent.it - It's been up solidly since I made it..

anyway, the things a little outdated. Facebook works if you use the mobile version.. twitter too. You need to enable scripts, objects and some other thing.

Otherwise, you'll be needing a VPN.
Reply 11
We've just moved to a new house, we used to have sky but now we have TalkTalk.
My parents originally wanted my computer to be 'safe' but without me or my parents knowing there was already one put in place. Now i can't access any social networking sites & my parents don't want to get rid of it because they think i'm going to look at inappropriate websites. I'm 14, who hasn't seen/heard any of that kind of stuff by that age. (bloody control freaks)
Reply 12
Sorry, i accidently posted it twice :smile:
(edited 9 years ago)
same with my parents, it's completely ridiculous.

They've even blocked gaming so I can't go on my PS4. What's the point of paying £400 for a console for me if I cant even ****ing use it?
go on anonymouse and type in the website you want to go on or go on k proxy
A little knowledge:

When you type in a web site address in to a browser, it's very human friendly. For example, it's very easy to remember thestudentroom.co.uk. However, to a computer that makes no sense at all. When you hit the Go button on your browser, your computer sends a request to a Domain Name System (DNS) server. A DNS server will translate the human friendly address in to a computer friendly address, in the example of thestudentroom.co.uk, to 217.27.250.165, which is an IP address. Your computer then connects to this IP address and downloads the website from there.

With a DNS server, you can do many things. For example, I could tell my DNS server that anytime someone tries to access naughtyillegalsite.com, to not go there, but instead to go to my family safe warning page. This is how web filtering works from ISPs by and large. They reroute the traffic to somewhere else. To get around ISP level blocking, all you have to do is use a DNS server that isn't controlled by your ISP.

Putting this in to action:

Use Open DNS.

You'll need to sign up to their site: here using the GET STARTED button underneath "Parental Controls" (don't worry, as it'll be your account, you can turn them on and off as your like).

Once you've got an Open DNS account, use the guides as found: here to change your DNS settings on your computer.
go to 4 ever proxy
go to 4 ever proxy.com no spaces
Original post by LHC
Hey guys.

So my stupid controlling parents have decided to block pretty much all of my social networking sites ie facebook, youtube etc by using talktalk my homesafe. Which is completely ridiculous since i'm almost 18.
But anyway, does anyone know how I could break through this? Even hack their account and change things?

Thank you.

Have you tried mentioning this to your parents that what they've done is turn off the useful parts of the internet?
Omg you are a ****ing god every one follow these steps the work 100% and easy af if u follow instructions properly

Latest

Trending

Trending