• 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    "Now go home and get your f****** shinebox"
    - Billy Batts - Goodfellas (1990)
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    "You can deny angels exist, Convince ourselves they can't be real. But they show up anyway, at strange places and at strange times. They can speak through any character we can imagine. They'll shout through demons if they have to. Daring us, challenging us to fight."
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:

Without a doubt, one of his finest.
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    "Do you wanna know how I got these scars?" - The Dark Knight

"This is exactly why falling in love is so god damn hard!" - Hitch

"You can't handle the truth!!" - A Few Good Men

"My friends, you bow to no-one" - Lord of The Rings
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    'Thirty seven! My girlfriend sucked thirty seven dicks!'
    '...in a row?'

Clerks.
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    "Hi, I'm looking for Ray Finkle.... and a clean pair of shorts"

Ace Ventura. ahahahahahaah hilarious film.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    "Like a glove!!!! - Ace Ventura when he flip parks the land rover outside the mansion
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    "Show me the money" - Jerry Maguire

"I see dead people" - Sixth Sense (I still say this to scare people at night)
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    "OH F*****G HELL, OH FOR GODS SAKE , OH HES GOT AN ARM OFF GET HIM!!!!"
    - Shaun of the Dead

"When there is no more room in hell, the dead will walk the earth."
    - Dawn of the Dead

"Mr Anderson!"
    - The Matrix
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Little_missy01)
    Its not a film, but this quote affects me each time I read it, from One Tree Hill:

You know, I do believe in magic. I was born and raised in a magic time, in a magic town, among magicians. Oh, most everybody else didn’t realize we lived in that web of magic, connected by silver filaments of chance and circumstance. But I knew it all along. When I was twelve years old, the world was my magic lantern, and by its green spirit glow I saw the past, the present and into the future. You probably did too; you just don’t recall it. See, this is my opinion: we all start out knowing magic. We are born with whirlwinds, forest fires, and comets inside us. We are born able to sing to birds and read the clouds and see our destiny in grains of sand. But then we get the magic educated right out of our souls. We get it churched out, spanked out, washed out, and combed out. We get put on the straight and narrow and told to be responsible. Told to act our age. Told to grow up, for God’s sake. And you know why we were told that? Because the people doing the telling were afraid of our wildness and youth, and because the magic we knew made them ashamed and sad of what they’d allowed to wither in themselves.

After you go so far away from it, though, you can’t really get it back. You can have seconds of it. Just seconds of knowing and remembering. When people get weepy at movies, it’s because in that dark theater the golden pool of magic is touched, just briefly. Then they come out into the hard sun of logic and reason again and it dries up, and they’re left feeling a little heartsad and not knowing why. When a song stirs a memory, when motes of dust turning in a shaft of light takes your attention from the world, when you listen to a train passing on a track at night in the distance and wonder where it might be going, you step beyond who you are and where you are. For the briefest of instants, you have stepped into the magic realm.

That’s what I believe.

I also really like:
    I'm just a girl, standing in front of a boy, asking him to love her (Notting Hill)

I really loved the one tree hill quote, I actually got a little teary near the end of it esp reading the second paragraph. The whole quote is really moving and true, people really do forget about the creativity (magic) they have when they are a child, having a wild and unrestricted imagination is something i guess we all wish we could have again

Plus one tree hill is a great show, thank you !!
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    "The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the inequities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he who, in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of the darkness. For he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know I am the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon you."
    • 19 followers

ReputationRep:
    Before the law, there stands a guard. A man comes from the country, begging admittance to the law. But the guard cannot admit him. May he hope to enter at a later time? That is possible, says the guard. The man tries to peer through the entrance. He'd been taught that the law was to be accessible to every man. "Do not attempt to enter without my permission", says the guard. I am very powerful. Yet I am the least of all the guards. From hall to hall, door after door, each guard is more powerful than the last. By the guard's permission, the man sits by the side of the door, and there he waits. For years, he waits. Everything he has, he gives away in the hope of bribing the guard, who never fails to say to him "I take what you give me only so that you will not feel that you left something undone." Keeping his watch during the long years, the man has come to know even the fleas on the guard's fur collar. Growing childish in old age, he begs the fleas to persuade the guard to change his mind and allow him to enter. His sight has dimmed, but in the darkness he perceives a radiance streaming immortally from the door of the law. And now, before he dies, all he has experienced condenses into one question, a question he's never asked. He beckons the guard. Says the guard, "You are insatiable! What is it now?" Says the man, "Every man strives to attain the law. How is it then that in all these years, no one else has ever come here, seeking admittance?" His hearing has failed, so the guard says into his ear. "Nobody else but you could ever have obtained admittance. No one else could enter this door. This door was intended only for you. And now, I'm going to close it."
    - The Trial, O. Welles (extract from the novel, quoted in the film)
    • 11 followers

ReputationRep:
    "If i don't come back tell mother I love her"

"Your mother's dead, Llewellyn."

"Well then I'll tell her myself"

Llewellyn Moss, No Country for Old Men
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    "I don't know who you are. I don't know what you want. If you are looking for ransom, I can tell you I don't have money. But what I do have are a very particular set of skills; skills I have acquired over a very long career. Skills that make me a nightmare for people like you. If you let my daughter go now, that'll be the end of it. I will not look for you, I will not pursue you. But if you don't, I will look for you, I will find you, and I will kill you".

~ Taken ^_^
    • 11 followers

ReputationRep:
    "I'm angry. I'm very angry, Ralph. You know, you can ball my wife if she wants you to. You can lounge around here on her sofa, in her ex-husband's dead-tech, post-modernistic bull**** house if you want to. But you do not get to watch my ****ing television set!"
    • 13 followers

ReputationRep:
    I was cured alright!

Then singing in the rain
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by introvertedraccoon)
    'Life is like a box of chocolates. You never know which one you gonna get.'

I think you can tell which movie that is from.
    LOVE the quote LOVE the movie.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    "I'm a leaf on the wind. Watch how I soar."
    • 8 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by amarjit18)
    I really loved the one tree hill quote, I actually got a little teary near the end of it esp reading the second paragraph. The whole quote is really moving and true, people really do forget about the creativity (magic) they have when they are a child, having a wild and unrestricted imagination is something i guess we all wish we could have again

Plus one tree hill is a great show, thank you !!
    Exactly!
    I actually did a presentation on it for my critical thinking module lol

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: November 24, 2012
New on TSR

GCSE results day

Waiting for your grades? Let off some steam in our results chat megathread

Article updates
Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki film section

Quick link:

Unanswered film threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.